YesNoOk

DC Comics Universe (maybe discussion?) (Read 410405 times)

Started by Edtion, June 05, 2011, 10:00:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Comics Universe (maybe discussion?)
#1061  March 29, 2015, 05:15:48 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Sensation Comics has had way more controversial stuff than that. It's digital only, it doesn't have any effect on the main universe, and it's not really worth more attention than any random webcomic.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1062  March 29, 2015, 05:16:43 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1063  March 29, 2015, 05:52:27 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Sensation Comics has had way more controversial stuff than that. It's digital only, it doesn't have any effect on the main universe, and it's not really worth more attention than any random webcomic.
Some of the stories Sensation has featured has been the best Wonder Woman stuff in years, though! (and yes, that includes the Azzerello run. I mean it!) And it's certainly worth more attention than say, the current Wonder Woman run!
#1064  March 29, 2015, 06:15:52 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I will concede the point that there are undoubtedly stories that are better than the Finches, but nothing I've read of Sensation has really grabbed me outside of that Gilbert Hernandez story with Supergirl and Mary Marvel. If there's more like that, I'll change my opinion, but it seems like for every one of those there are ten generic webcomic stories that happen to feature a random version of Wonder Woman.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1065  March 29, 2015, 06:35:28 am
    • USA
That Hernandez story has made the entire comic worth it; they could publish nothing but... I dunno, Frank Miller's Wonder Woman from All Star Batman and Robin from here on out and it'd still be worth it.

I mean, Mary Marvel and Wonder Woman fight each other by throwing Supergirl at each other!!! It's the best!!!
#1066  March 29, 2015, 06:49:53 am
    • USA
I'm fine with the guy being tied and punched and all that shit, I don't care. But wonder woman saying "mansplaining"? Criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge.
#1067  March 29, 2015, 07:27:58 am
    • USA
From Emerald City Comic Con: BANE IS COMING TO BATMAN '66. THEY TOPPED LORD DEATH MAN '66. JUST IMAGINE BANE '66. :flipout:

also possible crossover with Wonder Woman '77!?!?!
#1068  March 29, 2015, 08:11:39 am
  • The Goddess Returns
He sadly kept all his limbs for his death scene.

Mansplaining...and a woman punching out her boss while he's tied up and unable to defend himself...

If Wonder Woman, the face of feminism in comics and who loves EVERYONE EQUALLY, why would she allow that to even happen? Why would she even say that shit?

Oh right pandering to the tumblr crowd who will still never read comics.
Yeah that's real rich, complaining about people who totally don't read comics; that "tumblr crowd" is the one that's is the primary target audience of Batgirl and Ms. Marvel and the like, and they are buying them (mostly through digital, and that page is from a digital-first comic even), maybe you should actually read the comic in question? That guy is a bad guy. He tried to murder people (and specifically tried to murder the friends of the pop star who punched that guy out). Superheroes beat people up. The logic isn't particularly complex here.

Don't get snippy with me JMorph, I just find the line Wonder Woman said to be completely idiotic as well as letting someone punch a defenseless man(regardless of what he did). I'll allow everything else but I won't let those go.

And I find this funny how this is ONLY directed at me when Titlin brought it up and 2 others complained about it too but you single me out...hilarious...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1069  March 29, 2015, 08:15:53 am
    • USA
There's at least an argument to be made with the line Wondy says; not so much with the punching. The only other person who talked about the punching was Lolmechy, and I responded to him too. But even he didn't have a rant about people not reading comics and then going on to complain about something that would be explained if one actually read the comic!

That exact scenario has appeared in literally thousands of comics (and specifically, it's appeared in Wonder Woman comics where the person getting hit is wrapped in the lasso), and heck, you can do it yourself in the Arkham games (in several different ways, even; most common would be the old freeze grenade takedown)!!!

Bea

#1070  March 29, 2015, 08:58:23 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
From Emerald City Comic Con: BANE IS COMING TO BATMAN '66. THEY TOPPED LORD DEATH MAN '66. JUST IMAGINE BANE '66. :flipout:

also possible crossover with Wonder Woman '77!?!?!

OH GODS!
THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! :D

And... why would Wonder Woman prevent someone to punch someone else?
She is all about violence. This isn't 77 Wonder Woman.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1071  March 29, 2015, 09:43:23 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

Bea

#1072  March 29, 2015, 09:48:30 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Imagine how silly and fun their fight will be! :D
Oh, the bat-possibilities for bat-cliffhangers. The amount of bat-gadgets they will be able to come up with.
I can't wait for this to happen, at this same bat-book, at the same bat-time.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#1073  March 29, 2015, 09:53:33 am
    • USA
#1074  March 29, 2015, 01:35:46 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I don't think it's very heroic to assault tied up people, no matter what kind of stupid shit they say.

Wonder woman is a character who has always been pretty damn feminist, but not like this. Ugh.

You have no idea how much satisfaction I got from those panels, considering that I deal with that kind of bullshit almost daily at work, and I can't punch them, nor just fire them since they are shareholders and board directors like me.
It might not be very heroic what the girl did, but sometimes people work you way past your limit and you just let emotion steamroll past reason and punch the sucker, no matter the situation.
They are lucky that they can do that in comics. I can't do it irl.
Fair enough. It just come off as kinda overly indulgent, but that's not very rare of comics, so whatever.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

Bea

#1075  March 29, 2015, 02:18:40 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I don't think it's very heroic to assault tied up people, no matter what kind of stupid shit they say.

Wonder woman is a character who has always been pretty damn feminist, but not like this. Ugh.

You have no idea how much satisfaction I got from those panels, considering that I deal with that kind of bullshit almost daily at work, and I can't punch them, nor just fire them since they are shareholders and board directors like me.
It might not be very heroic what the girl did, but sometimes people work you way past your limit and you just let emotion steamroll past reason and punch the sucker, no matter the situation.
They are lucky that they can do that in comics. I can't do it irl.
Fair enough. It just come off as kinda overly indulgent, but that's not very rare of comics, so whatever.

Just let the record state that if it was a girl tied, she was the bad one, and she was spilling as much bullshit as that guy was, it would be 110% fine for a male character to take the same course of action.

Heck, if the Batgirl cover was her tied and being punched by the Joker, it would be pretty fine too, because punching and getting punched is a very super hero stuff to do.

#1076  March 29, 2015, 02:36:19 pm
Just let the record state that if it was a girl tied, she was the bad one, and she was spilling as much bullshit as that guy was, it would be 110% fine for a male character to take the same course of action.
And yet the Internet would explode, but no one would dare do that anyway.
But then again, I don't know if a lot of writers are able to create a villain woman credible enough to be a real threat AND not get yelled at for making such an evil woman anyway.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Bea

#1077  March 29, 2015, 02:53:34 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
And yet the Internet would explode, but no one would dare do that anyway.
But then again, I don't know if a lot of writers are able to create a villain woman credible enough to be a real threat AND not get yelled at for making such an evil woman anyway.

You mean... like Grandma Goodness?

#1078  March 29, 2015, 02:58:41 pm
No, she's old, she doesn't count. Do characters like Amanda Waller get tied up and punched ? It's also probably easier to do that on well established characters, I assume it happens often to bad guys like the Joker.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Bea

#1079  March 29, 2015, 03:18:51 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
She is old, but I can't think of a female villain that is more of a threat than Grandma Goodness. Amanda Waller can take a punch or one hundred. The problem is that once she is out of her bounds, you will have a world of hurt coming your way. Punching her would be a pretty bad idea.

And we do need more female villains, because this makes the whole comic universe more believable and human. Evil comes in all forms.
Write her well enough and only idiots will oppose it, as their argument against it would pretty much consist of "women can do no evil", which is extremely weak and would cause them to be laughing stock.

#1080  March 29, 2015, 03:29:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
wonderwomanis the last person that should be using terms like mansplaining, it flies against what she represents to have her go "oh my lasso cant prevent the MANSPLAINING- ROLLS EYES at the silly men-" and its so obviously a transparent use of a strawman that is patronizing.

Its the Titania surrendering pages all over again, transparent strawman because feminism.