YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 122253 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#281  November 04, 2019, 07:25:29 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#282  November 04, 2019, 07:35:26 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Dude, you are allowed to like having less, as confusing as it is.  But obviously in a game of forming unique combinations, removing choices results in a negative reaction.  Nobody's crying bloody murder about the new guys, but some of them clearly are here to just be replacements for the missing ones without fully filling in that gap.  And once that high of messing with the new ones goes away, you'll be left with less reason to return because they don't cover all the missing spots.

You are allowed to make more than one team of 6.  I have dozens of monsters I rotate in use, regardless of maximum potential of winning online or whatever, just because the stupid monster's cool, I like it.  Now you're not even allowed to do that, unless they're deemed worthy by Game Freak.
Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:38:28 pm by Long John Killer
#283  November 04, 2019, 07:47:34 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK

Spoiler: (click to see content)
#284  November 04, 2019, 09:03:07 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
There’s a disappointing lack of content but lol the game isn’t even out yet and people are acting as if they got scammed. If you don’t want to play it don’t buy it, p simple
#285  November 04, 2019, 09:04:31 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm gonna reserve a bit of judgement until datamining and Home news come up.  That said, I am not too thrilled with what's provided so far.

Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:08:17 pm by Kirishima
#286  November 04, 2019, 09:19:02 pm
    • USA
There’s a disappointing lack of content but lol the game isn’t even out yet and people are acting as if they got scammed. If you don’t want to play it don’t buy it, p simple
Come on now, you know it's deeper than that.  It's not just reacting to the here and now, it's knowing what disappointing changes happen here set the standard going forward.  Nobody wants to leave the franchise they enjoy for these reasons alone pertaining to this one single game.  If this was another simple spin-off bit of nonsense like Let's Go then it obviously wouldn't be getting this backlash because things would be back to normal next game, but it's not so people are understandably upset by this.

I'd like it to be as simple as "just don't get it", but I happen to also like Pokémon so I'd just also like to know if they will correct the course their going currently.

....What?  What the hell did I miss that was the sex appeal gigantamax form?  Please don't be referring to the actual Pokémon.  Unless you mean the Eevee attract thing, which where did they say it got a boost?  Should still work only on opposite-gendered Pokémon.  I'd imagine the Pikachu bonus would still be more useful working on Ground types.
Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 10:29:33 pm by Long John Killer
#287  November 04, 2019, 11:54:47 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Dude, you are allowed to like having less, as confusing as it is.
  I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.  It's not that I'm happy that there is less content, it's that I'm not upset at the exclusion of things I wasn't going to ever use anyway.

At this point your Gamefreak whiteknighting is really really obnoxious.

OK lol, I guess acting like an adult is whiteknighting now.  I'm so very sorry that my default reaction to new information is rational thought and not blind, kneejerk anger.

You know the best thing?  I don't even disagree with y'all in concept.  I also feel like this is an rather large cut in content, even given the full context of what direction they were trying to go in, and sure they could have gone the extra mile to at least work in a few more fan favorites.  It's the sheer level of hand-wringing, pearl-clutching, wailing and gnashing, "won't SOMEBODY think of the children" hysteria I'm seeing in response to the news that compels me to inject a modicum of sensibility into the discussion.  (To clarify I don't mean to single out this forum or anyone here in particular; I'm referring to the Pokemon fandom at large.)

You want to be disappointed?  Fine.  You're well within your rights.  But for the gods' sake, grow up about it.

#288  November 05, 2019, 12:17:57 am
    • USA
Splitting hairs I'd say, but fine, my bad, I am sorry.  I don't mean that specifically the lack of content you're happy with, you are fine just getting by with what is left supplemented with whatever few new things they add in to replace them.  That is fine.  Not how I would enjoy it but perfectly applicable.

But it is unfair to everyone else that does enjoy pokemon x, y and z that are now missing.  Previously I used the example of Garchomp strangely being missing from the roster.  I personally don't like the thing, too goofy, trying too hard to be badass.  I don't enjoy that I get to use my Shednija over others preference though.  I am upset at that and want Game Freak to not repeat this mistake going forward.
#289  November 05, 2019, 12:56:34 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA

Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#290  November 05, 2019, 01:14:27 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Game Freak: Well boys, we did it. Garchomp is no more.
Also Game Freak: Lol, here's Aegislash tho.

Funny they talk of the culling being a balancing thing, yet that Pokémon isn't cut :P

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#291  November 05, 2019, 03:29:00 am
  • For honor!

....What?  What the hell did I miss that was the sex appeal gigantamax form?  Please don't be referring to the actual Pokémon.  Unless you mean the Eevee attract thing, which where did they say it got a boost?  Should still work only on opposite-gendered Pokémon.  I'd imagine the Pikachu bonus would still be more useful working on Ground types.

I'm cool with Person Man just wanting the new Poke'mon adventure I'm just not cool how abrasive he is in some of his posts toward those that wanted more. It doesn't make him any better or any more of an adult than them. Being more in the hardcore crowd I find the cards that Gamefreak dealt us this time to be dreadfully underwhelming, not worth the 20 extra bucks in the slightest, and not intriguing enough for me to try the game even if it was gifted to me. Yet I will respect his difference in view as much as he will respect mine.

Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:43:44 am by Alpaca-San
#292  November 05, 2019, 04:16:36 am
    • USA
You have strange tastes my man.

Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 04:19:54 am by Long John Killer
#293  November 05, 2019, 09:16:25 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Stop it! I'm trying so hard to ignore these leaks!
This is fate.
#294  November 05, 2019, 11:49:43 am
    • Brazil
#295  November 05, 2019, 01:05:03 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Chill out Macaulyn.
I haven't clicked on these spoilers at all.
This is fate.
#296  November 05, 2019, 01:32:41 pm
    • Brazil
#297  November 05, 2019, 01:36:13 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
To be fair, not everything has been hidden behind spoiler tags in this thread. Some of it has leaked outside of them.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#298  November 06, 2019, 01:00:16 am
    • USA
Just a thought; there are no expectations for the online services for the 3DS games to be going down any time soon?  Shutting down Bank to force people to migrate to Home?  Getting rid of the online battles and trading?

Because in addition to the rest of the pile of misgivings the new games have, we also have the paid online screw-over to deal with.  Seems a further point for people to just stick to gen 6 and/or 7 on the 3DS than deal with SwSh's paid ranking system.  Dunno how much Nintendo's online service costs, just didn't bother with it once Splatoon 2's free time was up, but I'm sure it's more than free.
#299  November 06, 2019, 01:12:38 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
It's 20 bucks for a year, but ever since launch it had always have problems with smooth connections.
#300  November 10, 2019, 01:24:43 am
    • Brazil