YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1559509 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#261  August 26, 2015, 06:36:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You kinda just listed why he could use the reworking as per his backstory, as for why bothering, simple enough; amongst the many DBZ movies he's one of if not the most popular movie villain.  Given they now intend for multiple universes, likely some sharing some crucial points in time and some diverting quite drastically, and each focusing on a God of Destruction, it's not that big a stretch to change Broly's story to make him the god of his universe with his unique form.

A little mental sickness here for Broly focused on Goku and any sharing his common Saiyan appearance, a little god training there for Godku, heck you can work in where he achieves Super Cyan to stop Broly.

That's just my suggestion though.  Whatever they have planned, I'd just like to see them possibly acknowledge the other movie villains in some form.
#262  August 26, 2015, 06:59:04 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I believe we had enough stupid shit with Broly already and I totally agree with Wolf about the character overall. He is like every movies opponent before the Tapion Movie = A recycling of things we already saw before. Broly is basically some sort of weird potala fusion between the Incredible Hulk and Trunks. I mean come on he looks more like Super Trunks on steroid than a real good ol' Dragon Ball opponent like King Piccolo, Cell or even Freeza. I believe Dragon Ball Heroes proved multiple times how bad of an idea it would be to do more content with this guy, I know its a fan favorite but bringing him back would be pure stupid fan service.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#263  August 26, 2015, 08:59:46 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
As much as I love Flowagirl's Brolly, fuck the character. He's over rated and doesn't deserve more attention than he's already gotten from the series.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#264  August 26, 2015, 09:58:51 am
Given they now intend for multiple universes, likely some sharing some crucial points in time and some diverting quite drastically
It's still not supposed to be alternate universes as in alternate timelines, at least not the way bog presented it. It would be terrible, too.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#265  August 26, 2015, 03:26:04 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
We already have Dragon Ball Multiverse for that, and I'm more than happy with it.

Anyway, Freeza could probably destroy Broly if he trained 3 or 4 months LOL.
#266  August 26, 2015, 06:22:06 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Spoiler: Question for people who read the Super Manga (click to see content)
#267  August 26, 2015, 07:18:42 pm
I've read the exact same manga as you did, but I know the answer, I can tell, it's
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#268  August 30, 2015, 12:16:18 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Hyperbole?
#269  August 30, 2015, 12:40:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Would it be acceptable to rephrase that to "rarely"? Because out of the plethora of episodes in both DB and DBZ, only very specific episodes by specific directors have decent animation (So only a couple of scenes in those videos. The rest rely on the whole "They're moving so fast they're teleporting" argument to save a bunch of animation frames)
I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow0hRopXlEI other than the questionable style, even Naruto does that, but again it's not the norm.

If not then I got #REKT'D
#270  August 30, 2015, 12:44:57 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Db is actually widely known for having some of the best returning animation directors of the time.

Some animation classes use them as examples a lot.

( thats part of why there are so many complaints about that one episode, it stood out as specially bad )
Re: Hyperbole?
#271  August 30, 2015, 02:18:38 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
So basically its okay to accept an animation even worse than some of the worse episodes of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z? in 2015? it was more acceptable in the 90' because most of the anime suffered from the sames problems, but in our modern society its unacceptable especially on such an important franchise. Hunter x Hunter 2011 is the best example to show that its not a matter of "too much episodes", its just that they don't give a shit. But then again we should have expected that from Toei (well I did because I had the courage to try their 2000' productions).

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#272  August 30, 2015, 02:26:27 pm
For 10 minutes of good animation, there were like 5 hours of terrible animation in DBZ. Most of the Cell Saga, outside of some specific parts of some fights, was just plain bad.
Also, the techniques have changed so much, I really don't think they would be capable of recreating similar fight scenes today as they did in some of those videos. Good animation today is something else that requires more work.
Re: Hyperbole?
#273  August 30, 2015, 02:41:57 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
( thats part of why there are so many complaints about that one episode, it stood out as specially bad )
I thought the complains were because it was basically the same scene from BoG but with classic Toei QUALITY and people were wondering why didn't they recycle the footage from the movie.

But then again we should have expected that from Toei (well I did because I had the courage to try their 2000' productions).
Yeah, Toei can't really compare to Madhouse at this point, the problem might be that Toei goes for quantity over quality (How many Toei shows are airing this season? Whatever is the current Precure series, Dragon Ball Super, Saint Seiya Soul of Gold  and tons of other shows, while Madhouse is only working on Ushio & Tora and Overlord)
And again, yeah. Those series might have one or two episodes with above average animation (I know choreography on early Precure series was really good) but as pointed out, it's not proportional to the length of the series.
#274  August 30, 2015, 02:59:02 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Would it be acceptable to rephrase that to "rarely"? Because out of the plethora of episodes in both DB and DBZ, only very specific episodes by specific directors have decent animation (So only a couple of scenes in those videos. The rest rely on the whole "They're moving so fast they're teleporting" argument to save a bunch of animation frames)
I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow0hRopXlEI other than the questionable style, even Naruto does that, but again it's not the norm.

If not then I got #REKT'D

I'll admit DB and especially DBZ (around when Goku becomes SSJ) is filled with ups and downs in animation quality between episodes but Super has been consistently average/poor. Even GT looks better than Super.

I'd rather art/animation with some rough patches than something that's overall unappealing to look at.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:08:31 pm by D. HoChoy
#275  August 30, 2015, 03:16:39 pm
but Super has been consistently average/poor
There's been 7 8 episodes of Super, you can't compare that to the several hundreds of DBZ. You can easily find series of 10 episodes in a row in DBZ that were consistently bad. The problem with Super is that there was one super weird episode (the Pilaf Gang episode) followed by an absolutely horrible episode (the fight) that already had a better version in the movie, and no one can understand why the hell Toei redid that sequence so badly.
Why can't it Modern DB be more like the 2008 Special?
Because it costs money...
#276  August 30, 2015, 03:23:07 pm
*sees Toei being criticized*
alright im gonna jump on the bandwagon. i just can't miss a chance to harp on Toei, i just hate them too much.
Toei is a terrible animation company, it holds rights to the most popular mangas in japan and it knows that, therefore it also know that however shitty it's animes are, people (specifically kids) are gonna eat it up like it was god sent because of the popularity of the source.

they ruined the one piece anime, alot of design choices, subtle details and easter eggs that Oda put in the manga were ignored for the sake of rushing out episodes.
there's a whole tumblr account dedicated to mocking them, and pointing out the their terrible animation and drawing.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#277  August 30, 2015, 03:44:47 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
Bad animation aside I don't understand the draw of this series or the more recent movies. All of these so called new changes to the series seem superficial at best imo and its seems they've literally taken things people said as sarcasm about the series as inspiration ex. " whats next blue hair super saiyan? " the name of that transformation alone is ridiculous but seriously after years of absence beside those terrible games they've been making that's the best they could do? I just feel like they've been doing the bare minimum all this time with these half ass developments for the series but a little bad animation is where people draw the line? Kaioken goku is now god form and thats fine, hey let's slap blue hair on goku and vegeta and bring back frieza only to immediately kill him yep that's fine and hey while we're at it lets continue the trend of EVERYONE not  named goku or vegeta is absolutely irrelevant and vegeta's sole purpose is to perpetually make new transformations useless and thats all fine but a few shit scenes is what you guys are debating?
#278  August 30, 2015, 03:47:57 pm
Yo, you're a couple years late, that's how it's been since Battle of Gods. The whole Internet has been over that already. It's pointless to complain about that again, the current topic is the bad quality of the episodes because that's what's happening right now.
#279  August 30, 2015, 04:11:36 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
I'm not trying to redirect the topic I was just saying in the bigger scheme of things at this point the lack of quality that the animation has goes hand in hand with the lack of quality of the overall content but yes that animation is laughably bad and I understand people feeling like in this day and age you shouldn't see that kind of stuff but they still use a lot of their old practices in animation in japan they just switched from hand drawn to digital so this won't be the last time you see corners cut to stay on budget
#280  August 30, 2015, 04:32:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont think any of this would be so bad if there hadnt been the movies first.

As it stands it looks as if the movies were a test to gauge interest and the show was approved later.

Before we had no idea what was going to happen, so it was always interesting, now we already know how the plotline continues so everything else feels odd.
This new episode had vegeta fight with beerus, next episode seems to be about goku unlocking God form Another 2 episodes for the beerus vs goku fight and i guess we start getting original material then?