YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1558506 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#661  June 15, 2016, 03:41:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#662  June 15, 2016, 06:13:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You say that but we don't actually know anything, all of this is only guessing. They can very easily make it super simple and straightforward. So no, Dragon Ball is not confusing, come on. And it never acually had any confusing future rules either. There only ever was one twist with Cell coming from yet another future after Trunks himself.

I was having a talk with someone about how if you want to fit with dragon ball is dong with standar anime time travel rules , it's complex/broken; but otherwise it's simpler to explain as not pure time travel. the time machine makes them travel to a different time point in a different *universe, so besides time travel , they also leap to a side universe, which is what allows the time travel inconsistencies, so it's more like umineko than steins;gate.

*universe as in the common version of it and not the dragon ball definition.
#663  June 15, 2016, 06:52:54 pm
Oh, yeah, what exactly does Bulma's time goo do is an incomprehensible macguffin, but the timeline split and Trunks navigating between them is just straightforward. It's not like this kind of science fiction brain busting theory was a big deal in Japan at the time Toriyama wrote that, it's more like, who cares. Don't ask Doc Brown to mend it. It's fine as long as we don't ask Trunks to travel five minutes into the past to see if he lands in the main timeline five minutes earlier or in his own timeline.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#664  June 19, 2016, 11:25:58 am
Black Goku can go through time with a ring. Preview of Episode 49 explains it a bit. I believe that ring will be bringing Future Trunks back to it's time later as he was able to travel one way in the current state.

I hope the Super Dragon Shenron can grant wishes through time and restore the future world, revive Bulma and Mai. Another solution could be Shenron. They can gather the Dragonballs and travel to the future with Dende. The Dragonballs follows it's creator anywhere and is able to grant wishes. Remember Guru and all Namek teleported to air and the Dragonballs did too. So this could be possible between times too I guess.

This news also shows a new Character called Zamasu.

New Character “Zamasu” Teased For “Dragon Ball Super”.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/06/18/new-character-zamasu-teased-dragon-ball-super/
#665  June 19, 2016, 11:36:10 am
The issue goes on to confirm that “Zamasu” will be played by Shin’ichiro Miki

Oh cool

I don't see why Super Shenron couldn't, he's able to grant wishes that transcend universes.
#666  June 21, 2016, 03:41:48 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
Trunks reaction to seeing goku when awoke was handled great finally able to get into this new series a bit
#667  June 21, 2016, 03:51:30 am
    • USA
So, future Trunks has Blue hair "just because" and Bulma knew that before even seeing him for the first time in years? Is this another case of "Toriyama just forgot about it" or what? I mean it totally fits him (And I wish it was his color in DBZ) but it still doesn't make any sense, even though it's a small detail.

Also an entire episode seems to be dedicated to Goku fighting Trunks, which seems unnecessary. I know it sounds rather lame compared to a big fight but one would expect them all to subdue Trunks so he can actually explain to them wtf is going on and why he's back (And the fight will probably be justified with "Goku wants to fight, let him have his fun").

Everything is just so weird. Sudden change of hair color, some weird evil Goku who may or may not be Goten and may or may not be fused with a Kaioshin or whatever, Mai was young when she should've been either old or DEAD, the date Trunks picked to travel back in time (Rather than go to a time frame close to his departure, where he KNEW how things were like, he decided to go to a time frame he has NO IDEA about, something extremely dangerous).
#668  June 21, 2016, 04:14:30 am
  • The Goddess Returns
So, future Trunks has Blue hair "just because" and Bulma knew that before even seeing him for the first time in years? Is this another case of "Toriyama just forgot about it" or what? I mean it totally fits him (And I wish it was his color in DBZ) but it still doesn't make any sense, even though it's a small detail.

Also an entire episode seems to be dedicated to Goku fighting Trunks, which seems unnecessary. I know it sounds rather lame compared to a big fight but one would expect them all to subdue Trunks so he can actually explain to them wtf is going on and why he's back (And the fight will probably be justified with "Goku wants to fight, let him have his fun").

Everything is just so weird. Sudden change of hair color, some weird evil Goku who may or may not be Goten and may or may not be fused with a Kaioshin or whatever, Mai was young when she should've been either old or DEAD, the date Trunks picked to travel back in time (Rather than go to a time frame close to his departure, where he KNEW how things were like, he decided to go to a time frame he has NO IDEA about, something extremely dangerous).

Fun Fact: Trunks had purple hair because Bulma in the earlier stages of the manga had purple hair herself but then gotten greenish-blue hair in the anime.

This is most likely Toriyama finally just centralizing them to have the same hair color rather just make Bulma's purple since she had that type of hair color from the start of the anime.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#669  June 22, 2016, 12:52:22 am
Goku sacreficed his life during the Cell Games and Trunks left after Gohan defeated him. So Trunks might still think that Goku is dead for so many years. When he traveled for the second time, maybe his idea was to receive help from Gohan, Vegeta and all others. He could be in shock seeing Goku and thinking he is Black Goku.

As for Trunks having blue hair. Akira Toriyama always gave Trunks Blue hair as a concept for drawing. Even Kid Trunks had blue hair but, it seems they changed it for the Anime version.

https://xtremepyrosonic.com/2016/05/12/why-does-future-trunks-have-blue-hair/
https://otakukart.com/animeblog/2016/06/08/future-trunks-crying-hair-blue-dragon-ball-super/
#670  June 22, 2016, 01:14:16 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
that isnt really an explanation as to why his hair is blue in the anime now vs his introduction having purple hair and kid trunks hair still being purple as well as bulma magically knowing his hair is blue now but I just assumed everyone was cool with that as with the other nonsense the new series introduced so I didn't pose the question myself
#671  June 22, 2016, 01:23:13 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm not a fan of the blue hair at all personally.  Super Cyan doesn't help there though.  Vegeta's black hair + Bulma's blue hair turning out Trunks' purple hair just made sense for me, seems an extremely late arbitrary reason out of Toriyama's personal preference to rewrite it as blue.  But then, it's also a series about everyone's more important when they're blond, and now we're approaching rainbow territory, so it's more a slight annoyance when they're back to normal than "TRUNKS RUINED 4EVER!" or whatever.

I am curious why he decided to change Trunks' hair, though, and not 18's in Battle of Gods now.  As he had previous ideas for her as well.
#672  June 22, 2016, 01:35:48 am
that isnt really an explanation as to why his hair is blue in the anime now vs his introduction having purple hair and kid trunks hair still being purple as well as bulma magically knowing his hair is blue now but I just assumed everyone was cool with that as with the other nonsense the new series introduced so I didn't pose the question myself
Yes, it's an explanation. It's called retcon by the anime being dumb and not making up their mind and just trying to handwave it away.

Seriously people stop fucking obsessing over this. Future Trunks has blue hair and as far as everyone in the series is concerned, he always has.
an extremely late arbitrary reason out of Toriyama's personal preference to rewrite it as blue.
Toriyama always gave him the same hair color. The anime is the one doing both changes one way and then the other.

Oh by the way, didn't Iced just post a rumor that present Trunks is about to get his growth spurt ? It would mean that they're giving the two Trunks a different hair color simply to recognize who's who on the screen, but they're both canonically supposed to be blue. It's an easy and obvious way to differentiate two characters on screen who are supposed to be identical.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:45:15 am by Byakko
#673  June 22, 2016, 01:38:17 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
future trunks is always in super saiyan god state, word.
#674  June 22, 2016, 01:59:39 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
I agree its not a deal breaker or anything the color change is fine bulma somehow knowing of it before seeing him was what threw me off but again its db afterall and they have done worse in this show and in the past showa so I'm not making this the hill I die on as I first posted in spite of the hair hiccup his reintroduction is what intrigued enough to check back into the new series so hopefully things take a turn in a better direction going forward
#675  June 22, 2016, 10:18:36 pm
    • Germany
This guy has a good explanation with sources for the color change, it's not the first time it happened that Toriyama screwed up the hair colors, because he is lazy and don't want to check what hairstyles he used before.

#676  June 22, 2016, 10:35:40 pm
Toriyama wasn't the one who did it, those changes were done in the anime. Kid Trunks concept art also had blue hair.
Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:39:00 pm by GSN
#677  June 22, 2016, 10:38:42 pm
Let's just hope this guy doesn't learn of JoJo's existence.
#678  June 22, 2016, 10:53:00 pm
    • Germany
Toriyama wasn't the one who did it, those changes were done in the anime. Kid Trunks concept art also had blue hair.

Hair colors where also inconsistent in the colored pages of the Manga.
#679  June 22, 2016, 11:05:06 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

His freaking themesong is "The blue wind of hope".
#680  June 22, 2016, 11:17:52 pm
"hope of the blue wind".