YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1524057 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#801  August 27, 2016, 05:19:49 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
What do you guys think about this theory?
as relevant as that one theory about casper being the ghost of richie rich or something like that

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#802  August 27, 2016, 07:21:27 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
And that important plot point is actually brought up in the manga's latest chapter when Trunks tells the gang how the fight against Dabura went.
#803  August 27, 2016, 05:41:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I wonder if I should be dual-media this thing, but then the manga gets ahead real fast which makes the anime less enoyable.
#804  August 27, 2016, 05:52:51 pm
Honestly the manga is better, if I had to follow only one, I'd drop the anime. Even if it keeps having a two month lead over the manga. The stuff that's weird in the anime makes so much more sense in the manga.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#805  August 28, 2016, 12:49:06 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The manga however jumps out most of the SOL stuff and even most of the conclusions. Its like it goes "AND ETC" at the end of whatever it presents.

"so beerus shows up and wants to fight a god, ETC ETC, and now goku is being trained , etc and now goku is blue, etc, gold freeza, etc black goku!"
Ive been finding the anime much more enjoyable as far as SOL goes , but it would be nicer if they used the same logic behind the scenes in the manga, several of them end up adding a lot more context.
For instance, Trunks ssj2 is almost as strong as Goku ssj3 in the manga. In the anime Goku blows him away, in the manga goku gets frustated and goes into God form to blow Trunks away.
#806  August 28, 2016, 01:14:32 am
Well it did that for the movies, it's understandable that Toyotaro didn't want to waste time with those :P He did the whole tournament straight, as well as the meetings with Champa. Although he again didn't show much of the Super Dragon... Yeah, he tends to gloss over the stuff where he can't show off either fighting or comedy. But on the other hand, the anime goes to the opposite extreme, and Toyotaro does manage to slip the more important information in the dialog in the middle of his fights. Or random SOL comedy in the middle of important story development (out of nowhere, Karin playing Twister - for just a couple of panels, sure, but I don't like it when it drags for several chapters, especially since this is monthly)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 02:20:39 am by Byakko
#807  August 28, 2016, 02:17:02 am
Accelerated pace works nicely for the manga given the monthly chapters, I was wondering why everything seemed like it was in fast forward at first (just started btw). It being more informative despite that, I can't help but to think a bit less of the anime now. Handles comedy rather fine, but it could do a bit more with the major scenarios.
#808  August 28, 2016, 03:16:47 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

When he starts jumping stuff like the dragon it becomes useless to follow, you would never get whatever happened and what was wished for and how the whole altercation ended from reading the manga alone. Its almost a complimentary material that gives you some extras. A director cut of sorts.

Just saw the new episode.

Who the fuck is Black.

#809  August 28, 2016, 01:35:46 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Ok so watched the new episode
SSR is awesome.

#810  August 28, 2016, 04:26:44 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Holy shit, the end of the Episode 56 tho!! :D
#811  August 28, 2016, 06:00:30 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Spoiler: (click to see content)
#812  August 28, 2016, 06:31:45 pm
Okay, now the whole time travel is definitely broken. Why does this Zamasu remember his promise to Goku ? If this is the Zamasu that Goku met in the main timeline, why the fuck is he here in this future timeline ? Did he use the duplicate time ring that was created when Trunks caused the split ? But why the fuck would he do that to go to a timeline where Goku is dead. Is it because there's no more Kaiohshin or Hakaishin there to stop him ? Like, this is the only universe and the only timeline where he knew he wouldn't get his ass handed to him the minute he would start destroying human worlds ? What a tiny little bitch.

Also, I totally agree about Vegeta. I mean, it makes sense considering his style (he goes all out from the start, so his opponent has to either die immediately or surpass him immediately, while Goku takes his time to see who will be the last to surpass the other), but it's just as annoying as it was ever since Cell.
Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:35:52 pm by Byakko
#813  August 28, 2016, 06:58:42 pm
I like how SSJB was just downed in no time. As if all that work to get there was just child's play, power levels.
#814  August 28, 2016, 07:35:21 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
well it was beaten by a little space pea shooter during its debut

I also agree about Vegeta. Why is the gap between him and Goku still so large?
#815  August 28, 2016, 09:26:04 pm
    • France
    • louis.salome@live.fr
Maybe this Zamasu is the one from the main timeline if Trunks hadn't shown up to warn Goku & co. about Black ! (Maybe Black is Future Trunks' timeline's Zamasu)

Oh man... time travelling gives me headaches :(
#816  August 29, 2016, 04:29:42 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
I was hoping they finally would change the old routine of vegeta either dominating or being dominated in all of his fights but I see that going to be a main stay with the series until the end.
#817  August 29, 2016, 12:57:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Im kinda expecting Zamasu to show up in the present looking for Goku(after killing gowasu). Find out he just left in a time machine, get all high and mighty about it
#818  August 29, 2016, 01:16:55 pm
Goten wants revenge for not having enough screentime.

I'm gonna guess Present Zamasu went to the future and learned that Future him (and Gowasu) somehow died there, probably to the hands of a human. Then finds out that Uni7 no longer had a Kaioshin (for the same reason) and somehow took the position for himself. Was able to revive Chest-pain Goku and anoint him as God of Destruction. And are now reshaping Uni7 to fit his image, which includes eradicating the humans. And altering his future.

What I'm interested in finding out is if other Kaioshin also died in the future. And if Universe 6 plays a role in this. If it's parallel universe lost it's overlords, surely it wouldn't go unnoticed right?
#819  August 29, 2016, 06:04:10 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I didn't see vegeta weaker than Goku imo. Goku got his ass kicked too. And it looked like Vegeta got caught off guard by the stabbing.

#820  August 29, 2016, 06:23:58 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, DBZ never made much sense with time travelling anyway, with the Cell/Cyborgs stuff, creating alternate timelines, etc. Zamasu remembering Goku doesn't shock me more than that at this point.

Anyway, Goku will get his ass kicked in episode 57 and 58, then will call for Zen-chan's help with his new toy in episode 59.