YesNoOk

Mugen can help you in REAL LIFE?!?! (Read 3561 times)

Started by Speedy9199, November 04, 2011, 02:46:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen can help you in REAL LIFE?!?!
#21  November 04, 2011, 10:12:53 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
That's on the art front. It's more using mugen as a frontend FOR art. You could do the art without mugen.

Won't help you get a job, but it can come in under "other interests" if they're asked about. If nothing else it shows you can buckle down to a large project.
Basically this, for either art or programming. As an Added interest or hobby which some companies look at, it is good to see that you can work on your own projects outside of work. Never throw the programming/coding portion in the main segment of a resume.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I'm kind of curious on what exactly you wrote on that paper or project you did about mugen, the fact that you said everybody laughed at you just makes me want to know lol...
They probably typed "Mugen" in Youtube and learned all they needed to know in order to find it laughable. OR maybe he pronounced it "Moojin" when he read it out to the class.
#22  November 04, 2011, 10:21:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
just redub it something less specific, interest in indie gaming, programming as a hobbie, etc. never as a main section of a resume, Ive had this discussion before with JZ I think.
#23  November 04, 2011, 10:22:11 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
well I made a few friends, I even get a sushi from a friend I knew in the forums xD

so, yeah, maybe not at a profesional way, but can help you
            Zorf Giudecca
#24  November 04, 2011, 10:43:43 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
It helped me, when I was applying for my internship. They had to choose between me and another guy. But I included some Goku animations and video's, and they said it were those things that made me come out on top :D I am doing internship there at the moment ;)  (www.sagramore.com)
#25  November 04, 2011, 11:17:57 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
you can if you specialize in a graphical area. i have put  my original stuff in my portfolio and shown my stuff in my animation show reel. not only that but I have also introduced a lot of people from my 3d animation and games art design class to mugen. got a lot of chinese and japanese connections from it too!
#26  November 04, 2011, 11:33:51 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
You may get to meet people with great graphical skills and insight on coding...some friends here and there.

I just wouldn't put it in a resume, unless your project is original, waayyyy impressive and well done.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#27  November 05, 2011, 12:58:27 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Now, I say Sir,'s example craps out because showing art/sound/design/etc. that you made for mugen CAN help you if you're doing something like for a game or something else related, but that content actually has nothing to do with mugen and so the element of mugen could be completely erased from that matter and no one would've noticed unless they wondered why the material was made.

it can be the vessel to showcase our work in game, how the animation goes, etc. which is important if we make proposal for clients who need a character for their game. the advantage is that in mugen we don't have to make all the game elements, and we can compare our work against some other samples like characters ripped from fighting games, to discuss the style or size, etc.
#28  November 05, 2011, 02:11:19 am
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I'm kind of curious on what exactly you wrote on that paper or project you did about mugen, the fact that you said everybody laughed at you just makes me want to know lol...

On my paper I wrote about the mugen police vs Mugen warehouser war. I know that is VERY old stuff but that was the time when the mugen community was at its "lolzyiest"
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#29  November 05, 2011, 03:33:35 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Are you retarded?
#30  November 05, 2011, 04:02:55 am
    • USA

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#31  November 05, 2011, 04:16:19 am
    • Edtion.TK
it can be the vessel to showcase our work in game, how the animation goes, etc. which is important if we make proposal for clients who need a character for their game. the advantage is that in mugen we don't have to make all the game elements, and we can compare our work against some other samples like characters ripped from fighting games, to discuss the style or size, etc.

Yeah, and it could be gone and no one would have ever noticed  :P.

What's wrong with what I said?

You're talking about the mugen community and calling it mugen. The mugen community has NOTHING to do with mugen. The mugen community is just a bunch of fanboys/fangirls that like mugen and play&share each others content that they made/stole for mugen.

#32  November 05, 2011, 04:19:48 am
    • USA

Yeah, and it could be gone and no one would have ever noticed  :P.

What's wrong with what I said?

You're talking about the mugen community and calling it mugen. The mugen community has NOTHING to do with mugen. The mugen community is just a bunch of fanboys/fangirls that like mugen and play&share each others content that they made/stole for mugen.

There is a "difference" between the actual game and it's community? Are you kidding? There have NOTHING to do with each other? The entire community all has something in common, everyone at least does Mugen. Please explain  :P

#33  November 05, 2011, 04:25:25 am
    • Edtion.TK
Every one in the actual mugen community likes mugen, okay that's THEIR relationship to mugen.

What is MUGEN's relationship to the community?
#34  November 05, 2011, 04:31:01 am
    • USA
Every one in the actual mugen community likes mugen, okay that's THEIR relationship to mugen.

What is MUGEN's relationship to the community?

Ok what ever. I got an A on my college work and that's all that matters too me  ;P

#35  November 05, 2011, 04:32:41 am
There is a "difference" between the actual game and it's community? Are you kidding? There have NOTHING to do with each other?
writing about an activity and writing about the community surrounding it are two very different things
#36  November 05, 2011, 04:33:18 am
    • Edtion.TK
 :XD: you sure dropped that subject pretty quick.
#37  November 05, 2011, 04:36:39 am
    • USA
I still don't get what the hell you guys are talking about.   :dead:

#38  November 05, 2011, 04:44:31 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
ok i see where this is going

guys, don't reply to speedy anymore... he'd like that.

In other words, he's setting you all up for, "LOL I TROL U."
#39  November 05, 2011, 04:45:45 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Whatever you wrote on your paper that got you an A had nothing to do with Mugen.

The result would have been the same if you had wrote your paper based on any stupid drama from any other online community.
#40  November 05, 2011, 04:47:22 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
WHAT DID I SAY?