YesNoOk

Tweaking AI (Falcon Rapper characters ETC) (Read 1738 times)

Started by Momotaro, September 14, 2021, 10:38:24 pm
Share this topic:
Tweaking AI (Falcon Rapper characters ETC)
#1  September 14, 2021, 10:38:24 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hi,

For several months now, I feel like characters havevery different AI.
As an exemple, in my own "compilation" of pots and similar charcters, there is very different levels of AI.

Some have no AI at all.
Some have moderate AI (good)
Some have hard-like AI (OK)
And some like Falcon Rapper's (ETC) characters have almost unbeatable AI.

I used to ignore this problem and try my best to fight these characters like when you fight Akuma in SSF2X... Like for 30-40minutes... 1 hour or more...

But, I just have no more time for this...
Every time I meet such characters, I skip them/reset the game.

Any suggestion how to tone down the AI of such characters in a non-stupid way.
I don't want to remove AI, just tweaking. I suppose it's something about "random" value settings of each move to occur when the triggers are activated.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:42:36 pm by Nedflandeurse
Re: Tweaking AI (Falcon Rapper characters ETC)
#2  September 15, 2021, 02:04:18 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
AI in mugen most of the times works like this:
In the CMD there are the moves intended for the player, with commands and buttons to press, and there is the moves intended for the AI, which are triggered by specific conditions. In most cases the authors use "random" to avoid making the AI read inputs so much that it is too automatic / predictable.
If you wish to tone down the AI, you just need to lower these random values. Example: change "random < 200" to "random < 50". The value is trial and error, keep changing that until you're satisfied.
The thing is... you need to do that for every move.
Re: Tweaking AI (Falcon Rapper characters ETC)
#3  September 15, 2021, 02:42:18 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
AI in mugen most of the times works like this:
In the CMD there are the moves intended for the player, with commands and buttons to press, and there is the moves intended for the AI, which are triggered by specific conditions. In most cases the authors use "random" to avoid making the AI read inputs so much that it is too automatic / predictable.
If you wish to tone down the AI, you just need to lower these random values. Example: change "random < 200" to "random < 50". The value is trial and error, keep changing that until you're satisfied.
The thing is... you need to do that for every move.

Thanks for the information buddy!
This can confirm what I had in mind.

I will make some tries!