YesNoOk

Movie scenes that make you teary-eyed (Read 4870 times)

Started by MDI, January 04, 2009, 06:05:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: Movie scenes that make you teary-eyed
#21  January 06, 2009, 01:00:59 am
#22  January 06, 2009, 01:08:32 am
    • Germany
First thing that comes to mind is The Lion King, Mufasa's death. I was still quite young when I saw it last, but that was one heck of an emotional scene.
#23  January 06, 2009, 01:23:29 am
For me, it was Dumbo, the scene where Dumbo's mum is locked in a cage, and Dumbo and Timothy go to see her. sometimes, It still hits me, it doesn't help that Timothy also crys during the scene.
#24  January 06, 2009, 01:24:49 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
@ [E] : zero second before impact ;)
#25  January 06, 2009, 01:25:45 am
  • I got a PM.
I forgot about Babies Mom.
#26  January 06, 2009, 01:26:59 am
  • Searching with my Good Eye Closed
In the Passion of the Christ where Jesus is getting whipped, then the flashback to where he was a kid.
#27  January 06, 2009, 03:35:11 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

MDI

#28  January 06, 2009, 04:00:34 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
First thing that comes to mind is The Lion King, Mufasa's death. I was still quite young when I saw it last, but that was one heck of an emotional scene.

Now that I think of it, back in the day childrens movies had some extremely emotional scenes at times.

Hell, even Finding Nemo was kinda depressing from what I can remember. (In Sam Jackson voice) A FUCKIN SHARK ATE HIS BROTHERS!!!!
ey
#29  January 06, 2009, 07:01:52 am
  • wanna match bowls
#30  January 06, 2009, 07:31:05 am
    • interrage.deviantart.com/
Windaria, aka Once upon a time. Which is a very old anime movie.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#31  January 06, 2009, 04:06:32 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
Windaria, aka Once upon a time. Which is a very old anime movie.

Yes, a very sad and beauliful movie. But if we speak about anime, I cried most on Elfen Lied >_<
#32  January 06, 2009, 06:56:58 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I generally like it when a villain/selfish character comes through for someone and does something that ultimately saves THE UNIVERSE, especially when it involves some kind of sacrifice.  Like the Vader example in the first post, or a thousand others.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

MDI

#33  January 06, 2009, 09:39:14 pm
The first live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie had some emotional moments, surprisingly. For a movie intended for children they really didn't half-ass the movie as they would something like that today.

The first scene in that movie that just sent chills down my spine is when the turtles came home one day to see that everything was out of place and their master Splinter was missing, followed by the camera focusing around Raphael's face with this really dramatic lighting as he let out the most tragic scream I've ever heard. Hahaha. It was one of those scenes that really makes you feel like.."Oh shit..he is realllllyyy fuckin devastated."

On a more "teary-eyed" note, I think the scene where they are attempting to spiritually make contact with Splinter by meditating out in the grass at night was pretty emotional. Mainly when they finally saw the image of Splinter in the blue fire (Much like a Star Wars ghost) and he told them how proud he was, and that he loved them all like they were his own children. I think that scene was mainly kinda emotional due to the fact that Michelangelo was the first of the turtles that you could see crying in that scene..

I mean..Mikey..hes the goofy one..thats never serious! Haha.

But yeah the 2 TMNT live action sequels after that were just........

Eh.
ey
#34  January 06, 2009, 10:05:20 pm
  • corner push pusher
The first live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie had some emotional moments, surprisingly. For a movie intended for children they really didn't half-ass the movie as they would something like that today.

I get teary-eyed everytime I see that one scene with the kids playing NARC at that abandoned house/warehouse/whatever. I want that arcade so fucking bad.

MDI

#35  January 06, 2009, 11:45:01 pm
Hahaha. As a kid I always wished I was a Footsoldier, so that I could play arcade games all day.  ;P
ey
#36  January 07, 2009, 12:13:37 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I generally like it when a villain/selfish character comes through for someone and does something that ultimately saves THE UNIVERSE, especially when it involves some kind of sacrifice.  Like the Vader example in the first post, or a thousand others.

Funny, I prefer the polar opossite

#37  January 07, 2009, 12:16:34 am
  • corner push pusher
Hahaha. As a kid I always wished I was a Footsoldier, so that I could play arcade games all day.  ;P

Not to mention listening to Partners In Kryme all day. When I first saw the film I thought the entire shodown of Shredder and the turtles was pretty intense. Felt pretty sad when I thought for sure Shredder was going to impale Leo.

MDI

#38  January 07, 2009, 12:42:15 am
"Wheres Splinter?!?"

"Ah the rat..it has a name..it..HAD a name.."

"YOU LIE!"

"Do I.."
ey
#39  January 07, 2009, 01:57:25 am
  • corner push pusher
Fuck it

*leaves work ready to watch TMNT
#40  January 07, 2009, 03:50:03 am
Hmm lets see..
Many scenes in Sunshine, including when the asian guy had his wrists cut and the final scenes on Earth.
Every other scene towards the end in the Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

I also teared up during Emma's death scene in MGS2, and when Meryl died when I played MGS1... because I couldn't button mash when I first played it.  Also during MGS4 when Otakon says something down the lines of: "He always keeps people waiting"
Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:54:50 am by eauxlune