• FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
TV will be mine in 10 mins so no point. but when i get on, time to RUMBLE BITCH

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2203  February 21, 2009, 05:09:32 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
My Street Fighter 4 experience has been relatively good so far. I can't complain for the purchase or the type of gameplay it provides. At 1st the game felt alot like it was just thrown together with a roster of choice that emphasized more on starting characters then locked ones, but as all who trial and error and practice mode you can do really neat stuff. With the Training mode it also allows players to get some insides on chains and overall connection. Id say about 70% is covered in that mode and the rest is trial and error to see what you can find.

The 1st few hours I zipped through the game to unlock everybody and check the cut scenes and them I went to Live and to check how thats done. I was quite impressed with the outcome. It was rarely laggy. Maybe 1 out of 10 matches can be slightely laggy but its still bearable to play. About 95% of clones, literally one after another, the 1st few days but now that it's been a few days after the release and players are starting to unlock their rosters it's becoming a bit more balanced persay as far as roster selection choices go on online play.

At 1st it seemed that the damage values where kinda of crazy but after a few practise runs with data on the damage values are actualy balanced enough well for the respecting characters of choice. As far as what hits 1st and priority some things over power indefinately but thats in any game with a key character for that said game.

Target and chain combos for some characters are a bit tight and the window to do really nice combos is rather slim. Joysticks play about .5-1% as far as input goes. For instance standard PS3 directional pad is easier to execute commands then standard 360 pad because of the disk shaped DPad and buffers. It could get slightely tedious in Training mode on a hard executable combo.

As far as the roster, especialy a few Alpha characters, in my opinion they play, or were designed to fit a SF2 style. Just a tad of combos are gone from their Alpha counter parts and some cances are quite tight to perform so thats kinda upseting but the cool part is that it brings a new learning style to the game. Focus Attack, when done right serves good and opens more damage possibilities but it's possible to land a 45% total HP damage with a fully charged Focus Attack followed by Chun Li's Lighting Kicks. I mean it's neather good nor bad because when done right and the execution delivers it punishes.

One can get by just fine by unlocking all characters and playing online and/or with friends. Unlocking colors and taunts is not that needed unless you specificaly enjoy that one color. Extra taunts and win poses, just like the instrucion manual said do nothing but if you're into unlocking everything go for it. Training mode is really cool and really challenging for some characters, especialy Alpha guys because it's definately different and new but with that being said one can get by in a match by using the arsenal that provided. The higher combos in later rounds of Hard Trial mode are definately crowd pleasers as they...well I wont spoil it because I've skimmed this thread and some of you guys don't have the game yet, but in a heated battle (and they are there now) you could probably get away with something simple, yet flashy instead of sacrficing for a crowd please.

In the end, in my eyes, I guess I have to say that Street Fighter 4 is a game thats there and thats it. I like it alot and its definately worth a purchase without a doubt (or a bootleg when its time). Playing the game online versus people you don't know is really fun but playing versus people you know is much much much more pleasing and definately cooler. I've came to that conclusion yestrday when I went to work (Best Buy) and a co-worker had his copy inside the PS3 (Manager doesn't want the game public on play yet so we used our copies) so I told him to give me an hour so I can unlock all the characters for everyones personal style and enjoyment and after work was done we played the game on a big flat screen tvs that showed the game throughout the store with surround sound and it was ultimate fun because once the crowd was in...Street Fighter.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2204  February 21, 2009, 08:52:27 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
When some people say the netcode is as good as HD Remix, is it true or do they just not know the difference between lag ("laaaaag!") and input delay?

@LaQuak: If by the Alpha characters losing some combos you meant from SFA3, then there was no helping it since everything juggled there.  They seem to have gained other new ones though.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

DMK

STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2205  February 21, 2009, 09:09:01 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
It's a little better, but in a few days and the "craze" to play online dies down we'll see less lag and hopefully less cross country playing. Both times I have played I got Japanese Ryu players. Lagged a bit, but wasn't THAT bad. At the least I'd say 1 second delay.

Anyway, Just beat it on the hardest difficulty with a single continue against Seth. Can't believe that toke me only 20 minutes versus my first time playing Arcade on medium where Seth and Zangief skullfucked me.  :D
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2206  February 21, 2009, 09:33:48 am
@Morrigan
True as far as juggling goes but some combos from A-Ism are gone aswell. Not all, but some. But new combos and chains are in place so it's a fresh play indefinately. Overall, for both old and new, you can't really expect to go into SF4 with guns blazing unless...*shrugs face*

@DMK
As far as online play I was just filtering everything on All. Just now before I got back here I decided to try Japanies filter (atleast I think it was Japanies) and it yielded in better matches. By that I mean 1 Sakura and 2 Chun Li as opposed to clones *looks at the sentance when I shruged* so that was a fresh experience. I guess when players start unlocking more we could see different roster matches. Met a few decent Cammys and one really nice Gouken. To my surprize hardly any Akuma or Adel and only 1 Fei Long so far.

Not that I care for ranking or points as I play for fun I think the ranking is kinda of odd at the moment. Like with 1k+BP and you go to More Skilled filter (even though it doesn't really mean that there will be more skilled players as its probably BP based and you can farm BP faily easy) and you find a abuser and you lose and you get like -75 hahaha.

All in all it aint bad. No complaints.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2207  February 21, 2009, 09:47:33 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Do quitters get any penalty?
God I hope so, especially after the HD Remix fiasco, and especially with (I hate to use the word) Akuma scrubs.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2208  February 21, 2009, 10:05:34 am
Well rules of online gaming is still how it's always been. Rage quiter/DC does not get penalty and you don't get victory because the connection is lost and nothing saves. Both are valid for eather the host or client. Saves are only after BP screen. I've only had one clone rage quit but for the most part everybody stays and lag seems fine. I mean it's nothing to really get bent out of shape for, but different people/different character. Truth be told, after a while it feels like playing arcade mode that just set to loop clones and an occasional different character rival in between. Apart from that I think online play is really solid for this fighting game and after a while you get used to Lobby system.

Also I think they are making Dee Jay and T.Hawk release this summer. My guess is that they will take the 2 spots where the infinite icon is displayed. Because in the Gallery menu there are two extra spots open, even when your unlocked everybody.

Im going to call it a day, catch you guys later. :)
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2209  February 21, 2009, 10:21:08 am
    • Portugal
Hm, I heard that the quitter gets a loss, but you don't get a win or earn any points. ???
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2210  February 21, 2009, 10:35:19 am
Also I think they are making Dee Jay and T.Hawk release this summer. My guess is that they will take the 2 spots where the infinite icon is displayed. Because in the Gallery menu there are two extra spots open, even when your unlocked everybody.

I both doubt this and wish otherwise.  If they were to add characters, they should add quality ones; I don't want to see Faux-Capoeira boy and some native american who thinks he's an airplane(I know he's a hawk, it doesn't make him any less retarded looking).  Nonetheless, Capcom has stated that they won't have DLC characters, so do you have a source other than personal speculation?
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2211  February 21, 2009, 10:38:09 am
    • Portugal
Yeah.  I used to think that leaving out the two least popular SSF2 characters was a classy move in favour of making the game have its own identity.  If they add those two just to have the entire SSF2T roster, instead of far, far superior designs, then it'll be disappointing.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2212  February 21, 2009, 10:40:25 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Namco swore up and down Vader wouldn't be DLC and look how that went. And everyone knew it too because of that empty slot.

I do agree though, if two more are added and it's them that'll suck. I know I know there are Dee Jay fans in the house, Jesuszilla included. But there are other characters too that could fill that spot as well, and if they added one they'd probably add the other...
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2213  February 21, 2009, 10:40:52 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
eauxlune: Onno talked about the possibility of adding T. Hawk and Dee Jay in an interview, and I think he showed 3D renders of said characters.

But yeah, I'd rather have Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley, Oro or any SF3 character over them.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2214  February 21, 2009, 12:07:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I would rather have almost any SF3 character. Or Adon, especially since I saw Adon in Sagat's prologue.

But I won't complain about getting DeeJay or T Hawk either. I'm not very picky and after so many years am happy with what I can get :P

BTW is the anime where Gen watched Gouken and Akuma fight in the game? I remember that animation was fairly long but I can't seem to find it in the game anywhere.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2215  February 21, 2009, 12:46:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
There are scenes missing that were in the trailers.

Notably that one and the one where Dan hibiki is shouting atop a wrestling ring.
There is probably a fuckton of stuff unused inside the disk, since they had setup several characters into playable form and then kept streamlining stuff and removing them until they acchieved a good version, those scenes might have been for some other characters intros and endings.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2216  February 21, 2009, 02:50:44 pm
So , I got my PS3 CE (U.K.) yesterday.

It came with the blu - ray , a stupid little book with the new characters moves in it , no soundtrack cd but BOTH figures. The box doubles as a display case with the China stage as the backdrop. The figures are arranged so that it looks like they are fighting each other.

Anyway , I'm loving it at the moment. Focus attack cancelling seems redundant to me and I don't like that if you store your first ultra , it is used up/wasted when you use it after the other is given...

Look out for me on PSN.. Orochi_X I mostly use Sakura ,Zangeif and C.Viper and Rufus.

El Fuerte if I'm feeling crazy  ;D
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2217  February 21, 2009, 02:52:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I had heard before that the european CE didnt brought the OST but had both figures, seems like its confirmed.
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2218  February 21, 2009, 03:41:51 pm
    • Portugal
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2219  February 21, 2009, 03:49:01 pm
Ah. That's not quite so bad then. It's not like it's a complete waste if you save it that way...  ::)
STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#2220  February 21, 2009, 04:09:27 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Hahahaha I just love stuffing DPs with normals all day.
Seriously the game is way too turtle-y, everything is unsafe.  You can throw people out of almost any reversal, focus attacks are stuffed by ex-moves all day, once I pinned my friend down from trying reversal ex-tiger uppercut with standing LP.

Playing it on a pad sucks balls, but luckily it's better than the official MadKatz SF4 stick!  Why?  The buttons wear down quickly and start to stick on you. (My friend had his for barely five days.)

Quick tip if you're playing Honda (my new main because I have to be cool and not use top tier Zangief)
Aerial MK - Trades with DPs for more damage.  Abuse it.