YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734457 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1161  November 29, 2018, 12:18:39 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA

Details on why Kirby was the sole WoL survivor and the Day 1 Patch explaination.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1162  November 29, 2018, 04:35:46 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
So in a game with 70 + characters where you only start with twelve... There's literally a cooldown system in place so you aren't able to use all the characters they advertised in a day...?

lui

#1163  November 29, 2018, 04:37:43 am
    • USA
its a 10 minute cooldown man.

you unlock everything within a matter of hours.

i seriously do not see how this is a bad thing
#1164  November 29, 2018, 04:52:53 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
To be honest, adding a cooldown period is an odd choice. While I get the decision to have so many unlockables, having to put a cooldown is honestly a cheap way to slow down player progress. Some players want to take it slow and some want to get it out of the way quickly. They should have just upped the number of Vs matches as a requirement instead.
#1165  November 29, 2018, 05:15:16 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Well I plan on getting everyone via World of Light anyway so the cooldown doesn't even bother me much.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1166  November 29, 2018, 06:54:20 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
They should have just upped the number of Vs matches as a requirement instead.
I honestly think their new methods are better than the # VS matches method.

It's pretty much there for players who aren't in a huge rush to get everyone and want to take things at a slower pace.  A normal match would take around 2-5 minutes, with a character being unlocked every 5 matches.  You could make the argument that it slows down players trying to use the SD method to get everyone ASAP, but anyone trying to get all the characters fast would just use the reset method, which is probably faster than SDing for who knows how many matches.  (Assuming loading up the game isn't as slow as molasses like Smash 4.)  As a bonus, it won't poison your play records.

EDIT: So I heard apparently the reset method might be gone after the patch?  Did I miss out on an official statement or something?
Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:57:36 am by vgma2
#1167  November 29, 2018, 03:06:53 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I think this is completely pointless.
#1168  November 29, 2018, 10:30:02 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Wait... So the cool down timer still active, even if you close the game, go back to home menu and re-open SSBU?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#1169  November 30, 2018, 01:01:58 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I don't really get the appeal in rushing to unlock everything as fast as possible.  Even with the cooldown, if you just play the game normally testing out characters as you get them you'll still unlock them all at a pretty fast clip. 
#1170  November 30, 2018, 01:25:15 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
If you are attempting to run a tournament you need everything unlocked ASAP.  But for people who aren't TOs I don't think it's a huge deal.
#1171  November 30, 2018, 03:12:39 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yesterday's smash bros blog is about an assist trophy that reminded me of nostaglia, here it is:

Today's Item
Flies & Hand Assist Trophy
Flies buzz around the stage, and a hand holding a fly swatter goes around swatting up a storm. Getting caught in the swat-storm will cause severe damage, so think like a fly and run away!

i remember this fly swatting game when i was young when i still had my snes along with mario paint
#1172  November 30, 2018, 08:18:05 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
1 more week left!
Let's go guys!
This is fate.
#1173  December 01, 2018, 11:36:59 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Finally preordered the game on Amazon and boought a 20$ Nintendo Pass, I am so damn ready.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1174  December 02, 2018, 02:00:25 pm
    • USA
Starting on December 14th, if you have save data from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee you'll unlock a set of spirits from those games.

Crazy to see Pikachu downgraded to just being a spirit.  Guess that means it won't be playable this time around.
#1175  December 02, 2018, 02:05:04 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Starting on December 14th, if you have save data from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee you'll unlock a set of spirits from those games.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pv63Sxpotc[/youtube]

Crazy to see Pikachu downgraded to just being a spirit.  Guess that means it won't be playable this time around.

Must save slot for Detective Pikachu.
#1176  December 02, 2018, 03:00:31 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Isn't that a bit different?  Pokemon are generic species and not solitary characters.
#1177  December 02, 2018, 03:44:29 pm
    • USA
I mean yeah, the argument could be made that's the spirit of a specific Pikachu - namely the one that accompanies the player throughout Let's Go Pikachu.  I'm just poking a little fun at the whole "spirits 100% deconfirm characters" thing.
#1178  December 02, 2018, 08:28:36 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Found these images on the official Nintendo AU NZ Twitter. These new spirits are officially named "Partner Pikachu" and "Partner Eevee".

#1179  December 02, 2018, 08:39:15 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hm.  A cross-promotion like this actual brings to mind that Eevee would have been a nice addition as a playable character.  The various Eeveelutions getting used as the other colors like Bowser Jr. does with the Koopa Kids would be the icing on top, too.  Ah well.

Wonder if they're going to branch out to other exclusives like this with Mario Odyssey, Star Allies or Octopath Traveler?  Would be a neat incentive for people just getting their Switch now for Smash solely.
#1180  December 02, 2018, 10:02:37 pm
    • Brazil
Hm.  A cross-promotion like this actual brings to mind that Eevee would have been a nice addition as a playable character.  The various Eeveelutions getting used as the other colors like Bowser Jr. does with the Koopa Kids would be the icing on top, too.  Ah well.

Wonder if they're going to branch out to other exclusives like this with Mario Odyssey, Star Allies or Octopath Traveler?  Would be a neat incentive for people just getting their Switch now for Smash solely.
Having Eeveelutions as colors would make no sense, would they use only attacks that Eevee can learn, then? That beats the whole point of adding them. Maybe if they included Rival (Blue) as a character and had him switch between the three original Eeveelutions, or just give Eevee those crazy moves he has in Let's Go.