Poll

What sprites should I use?

NGBC ones.
LB/LB2 ones.
Kaede
#1  July 30, 2013, 04:41:29 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Well, while I've been trying to learn about the coding of MUGEN. Since then I think I could make some progress. I'm trying to create Kaede from NGBC in a popular custom style. For now I've made ​​good progress, though I still have much work.

Using DivineWolf's Kung Fu Man as a template, therefore, much of the credits correspond to that author.

Some screenshots.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- Basics: Done! But Probably add some close moves. I need several FXs.
- System: Kaede still needs the throws.
- Special: Shinmei Kuga, Shinmei Renjin Zan, Shinmei Arashi Uchi and Setsuna Shunretsu are relatively done (still needs FXs). Shinmei Hayate is mostly done, and I need to work more on Shinmei Oite and its variants.
- Supers: A Kasshin Seiryu Super with two levels seems boring for me, maybe just stay as a LV2 Super, but to do this I need another LV1 Super.
Kasshin Fukuryu is mostly done, is a hold Super with LV2 version.

I need ideas for a LV3, and a tutorial to make a LV3 Portrait.

Even I have problems with the coding, the biggest problem is in the moveset, particularly in the super moves because I haven't many ideas about that. I also need a lot of FX, for slashes, blood, and lightning effects. I'm not started with the snd file yet. And I would make color separation once obtained all FXs. Therefore, Kaede still needs a lot of work, however I pretend release him in not too distant future. So... Wait for it (?)

Sorry for my english.
Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:03:34 pm by Chazzanova
Re: Kaede
#2  July 30, 2013, 04:48:22 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Looks good. MUGEN was in a dire need of an PotS-styled Last Blade character, seeing a Divine-styled (which is almost PotS-styled) is a nice surprise nonetheless.
One question though: Will he get his transformation super, where his moveset gets buffed up?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#3  July 30, 2013, 04:50:46 pm
    • Argentina
Actually, he is Awakened Kaede. Kaede have any transformation in that state?
#4  July 30, 2013, 04:58:01 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Oh wait, stupid Trin is stupid. Awakened Kaede is Normal Kaede's transformation, if I remember correctly.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#5  July 30, 2013, 07:13:25 pm
  • Niigasan
Lv3 idea:  he charges and if he connects slashes them multiple times with lightning in each strike then he jumps back charging his sword wit lightning then dashes through them with a zantatsuken type move the screen goes black and u can only see the lightning trail like kakashis lightning blade
#6  July 30, 2013, 08:01:22 pm
  • For honor!
I would say just stick to Kaede's regular supers. He would not be the only fighting game character with a level 2 version of one of his special moves. If you are hard pressed for another super or something just use the Speed Class deadly rave combo thing.
Iroha stripped for me

DW

#7  July 30, 2013, 08:27:37 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looks good. You need to apply the slash FX to his sword attacks. What Arpra advised is good to go with. If you plan on retaining MAX Mode from my KFM/chars, I ended up updating the def boost so now it won't prevent the char from getting KO'd. I'll be uploading those fixes soon for all my chars. Be sure to update that yourself when the time comes. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Good luck on your project.
#8  July 30, 2013, 09:10:03 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
So no repel? 
#9  July 30, 2013, 10:23:23 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
#10  July 30, 2013, 11:29:00 pm
    • Argentina
Lv3 idea:  he charges and if he connects slashes them multiple times with lightning in each strike then he jumps back charging his sword wit lightning then dashes through them with a zantatsuken type move the screen goes black and u can only see the lightning trail like kakashis lightning blade

I'll remember. Thank you!
I would say just stick to Kaede's regular supers. He would not be the only fighting game character with a level 2 version of one of his special moves. If you are hard pressed for another super or something just use the Speed Class deadly rave combo thing.
Actually I haven't problems with repeat Kasshin Seiryu Super, but I find it boring because perhaps the only difference between the LV1 and LV2 Super is the damage. I think I'll go for the speed ​​class combo Super, thanks :P
Looks good. You need to apply the slash FX to his sword attacks. What Arpra advised is good to go with. If you plan on retaining MAX Mode from my KFM/chars, I ended up updating the def boost so now it won't prevent the char from getting KO'd. I'll be uploading those fixes soon for all my chars. Be sure to update that yourself when the time comes. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Good luck on your project.
Thank you! I will be attentive to that point. And thank objectively you for having adapted to Kung Fu Man to Divine style, the files are very verbose and therefore is easier understand the coding.
So no repel? 
Actually, Setsuna Shunretsu is a Special Repel Move.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/updated-how-to-pots-mvc2-bbb-super-portraits-now-with-working-pictures-108484.0.html
Another user already passed me this tutorial, thank you very much alike.

To all, thank you for your support.
#11  July 31, 2013, 12:53:11 am
#12  July 31, 2013, 01:06:51 am
    • Argentina
#13  July 31, 2013, 01:10:38 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Why don't you use Last Blade sprites? Usually pots and divine chars usa sprites similar to cvs ones and last blade is very close to it

#14  July 31, 2013, 01:32:03 am
    • Argentina
I don't like too much the Awakened Kaede's hair in LB, but still I can consider this change. What think the rest?
#15  July 31, 2013, 01:45:08 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Last Blade & NGBC Kaede´s (Awakened) spriteset are pretty much the same except Last Blade has slightly bigger proportions (bigger sprites). Those won´t pass for a CvS spriteset but Last Blade´s being a "thicker" set may be a better choice. I dunno, your call.
Chilling
#16  July 31, 2013, 02:10:41 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Last Blade's animate better and have more animations overall.
#17  July 31, 2013, 02:39:01 am
    • Canada
Very nice. I haven't tested this character yet, but I like that you're attempting to do something great. It's also nice to see new creators within the community. Keep it up dude and welcome to the big leagues my friend! :)
#18  July 31, 2013, 11:31:19 am
    • Argentina
Well, I will add a poll to the first post to decide which sprites I should use. The poll will end when actually begin the color separation.

Among other things, I decided that Kasshin Fukuryu no longer a hold Super move. The LV1 Version just relase 1 lightning, and the LV2 Version releases several lightnings like NGBC. None of them is holdable. I'm working on LV2 version, the LV1 version is done but I still need to implement the FXs.

To all, thank you very much for the support! I will show progress soon.
#19  August 01, 2013, 09:53:57 am
More P.O.T.S style for my roster?

I'm not complaining
#20  August 02, 2013, 07:14:21 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Kaede could always have two level threes, like Hibiki in CvS2. One being his SDM and the other being his speed mode combo, as Arpa suggested.

Or wait, maybe that would be too similar to Hibiki, then? I don't know.

Among other things, I decided that Kasshin Fukuryu no longer a hold Super move. The LV1 Version just relase 1 lightning, and the LV2 Version releases several lightnings like NGBC. None of them is holdable.
Why not?