YesNoOk

Indie RPG Demon's Revenge (Read 20916 times)

Started by trexrell44, November 15, 2013, 06:59:05 am
Share this topic:
Indie RPG Demon's Revenge
#1  November 15, 2013, 06:59:05 am
  • Celestial Tear: Video games and comics collide
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Hey I just wanted to share an Indie project I am working on. I mainly want feedback and to get it into more peoples eyes.

"Death is but an illusion for a solution... In death we harbor our regret and sorrow. Only in true confrontation and justice can we free ourselves from this madness."

Spoiler: 'The 3 Planets' (click to see content)

Spoiler: 'The Back Story' (click to see content)

Spoiler: 'The Main Story' (click to see content)

Spoiler: 'Main Characters' (click to see content)

Spoiler: 'Antagonists' (click to see content)

Spoiler: 'Screenshots (Big Image)' (click to see content)

Spoiler: 'Credits' (click to see content)

Special Thanks And Dedications
My Husband, Tyrell
My Mom, Barbara
My Sons, Adonus and Lucas
My Daughter, Nova

Official Website
demonsrevenge.com (Unfinished)

Spoiler: 'Support' (click to see content)
Currently working on the beat em' up fighter called the Union.
Re: Indie RPG Demon's Revenge
#2  November 17, 2013, 06:23:15 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:47:16 pm by trexrell44
#3  November 17, 2013, 06:26:31 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
looks great so far! Is that an original soundtrack?

Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:55:14 am by Luis Alejandro
#4  November 17, 2013, 06:50:45 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
The song in Origin forest is original and this one is our Main theme.

The one in Annox is original but just for the video.
Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:38:48 am by trexrell44
#5  January 31, 2014, 02:39:16 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
For those who played our previous demo you may had noticed that we had used sprited backgrounds. With the help of our artist Ricky we were able to upgrade them to a more painted look. It makes things more dynamic and the scale of it allows us to do different things with the battle system.

One of the more Dynamic things that we plan to do with the battle system is using it to zoom in and out and pan depending on what is happening in the fight. Our new battle backgrounds are layered and built for animation so that is exiting for us. This is a new but similar system to what we had used in our previous build on the older engine.  But it is a battle system that is being built from the ground up. Action is as big as a thing in and out of battle but I would love to show it before I say too much about it and let the system speak for itself as it is nearly complete.

With that there are some minor updates and pal changes to some of the battlers and animations. I have redone Jagens colors and sprites so that it would match with the backgrounds much better. The wolves from the demo has also received a much needed upgrade. We have also added some more monsters in the area to give it more diversity. Most of the enemies from Jagens intro would be more forest like creature. While the next part would be consisting of more humanoid ones.

We hope to show off some of these features soon. And let people know how hard we have been working on this. I say this a lot but we would love to do more updates and if time permits I will definitely try. For more info you can check us out at:

Demonsrevenge.com
facebook.com/DemonsRevenge
twitter.com/_DemonsRevenge_

Thanks for taking a look.

Posted: February 01, 2014, 05:28:19 am

In this update we are going to focus on one of the main antagonist of Demon's Revenge Sinara.
Sinara's early life was full of pain and isolation. Sinara and her younger sister Miranda were orphans who grew up in a town (unnamed) overworked and under fed. They spent each day longing for a chance at a real life and a family. The days of work and hunger led Sinara to have deep disdain for society.  That day of having a real family never came and soon the town was ravaged by demons. Sinara and Miranda first encounter with demons wounded them that day for they had nearly lost the only thing they have ever truly posses their lives. They grew enraged by the mere mention of the word demon and vowed to find a way to rid the world of them. When they were of age they joined the ridders . Miranda took a more internal role, while Sinara worked more on the field of battle. Both were Max's best recruits, but Sinara was his prize possession once he saw the potential in her skill, he honed them to there full potential. Max gave Sinara a pet demon, Liz. Despite Sinara's hate for demons, Liz and Sinara manage to become partners in crime. Liz would sacrifice anything for Sinara and Sinara would let her.

Liz is Sinara's partner. As much as Sinara hates demons. She keeps one as her right hand. Liz was discovered by Maximillion and given to Sinara as a pet. She has grown to love Liz and Liz feels the same and has no remorse for the damage that she does to her fellow demons. Liz hate for her own kind could only be explained by the teachings that Sinara has embedded in her mind. Having been the only person she has truly gotten to know.

Sinara is known as being sadistic and evil. She kills without remorse and has a short temper. She seems to tolerate humans a bit more but their lives seem to mean as little to her as demons do. Sinara's fighting prowess has earned her a reputation of being both deadly and overly confident. As she wears little armor and bright colors. This makes her extremely intimidating because she is known more as a legend than of an actual person.

Skills and Abilities

Under Max tutelage Sinara has become one of the most feared warriors of the Demon Ridders. She has learned to use many weaponry and has learned to use and make poisons. Sinara is an excellent marksmen and her weapons of choice are two Chakram which she uses in both ranged and melee combat. Sinara has also been shown to use demon like attributes and abilities. Such as enhanced speed,strength and endurance. This is due to her voluntary experimental procedures that she undergoes which injects a chemical found in demons  that give them the ability to manipulate the atmosphere to produces their elemental abilities. It Something that they excrete out of their pores in times of stress or danger.
#6  April 01, 2014, 04:38:35 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
I have a rather large update to share with you guys.

We have held auditions for the demo we are working on and here is a small showcase.

So for a while, we have been working on a tech demo to show you guys some basic gameplay. That video is now complete!I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it!

In this video we showcase the opening sequence for the game as well as item management, exploration, the menu, and much more.
Stay tuned next week as we hope to show off the battle system. If you enjoy this drop us a like on facebook or visit us at demonsrevenge.com.

#7  June 14, 2014, 05:24:55 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
#8  July 19, 2014, 06:21:50 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
First I want to say thank you all for your continued support. We would not be where we are now if it wasn't for Kickstarter really giving us a reason to take things to the next level. It has given us the ability to really push to make our game a reality. We have went through so much since we even discovered this site. Even though our funding did not go through this time the impact it has had on our game is very notable.

Since the end of the campaign we have been going over how far we have come since the very beginning of development. As you can see we have improved so much over that time. We have matured in our vision, writing and design and we plan to continue to do so in our career.

Early concept

1st Kickstarter 2012

Now

That being said we do understand why our funding has not been as successful as we would have hoped. So we are going to give it one last shot before we look for other ways to get what we need. Right now we have taken Dave's advice and I have registered to a bunch of forums that would be our target audience. I have also discovered a site called epocu.com it would be great if  you could support us when I get our page up. It allows us to build a fan base for our project and we are going to use it to garner support before we launch our next campaign. It is not a funding platform but rather a place to generate social support for games.

Although we do not have the funds we need we are still continuing to develop. Yin has continued to code and add improvements to the game. Even though she has started a new job on top of taking care of our 3 kids it has made her time much more limited. She still continues to do everything she can to get this done on our target release date.

Shop. One of many things yin has been working on.
One notable decision we have made in regards to going through with crowd funding. We have decided to break the game down into releasable parts. So instead of going for $30,000 we may end up going for a minimal goal of $12,000. We believe we could still make a full experience and people could play the game much faster that way.  I will talk much more about  this in our next update.

If you guys would like to give us a vote on Steam it would help so much in the long run.
Steam Greenlight
#9  August 01, 2014, 07:39:14 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
We just did a rather huge update on the current demo so if you downloaded it previously you will have to delete your save or it will cause an error. There is now a survey at the end of the demo. If you have already played and wish to take the survey now, please do so. Your feedback will help us make a much better game. Also, if for some reason, you did not get to the end of the demo, here is the link. Survey

Demo

Change Log: 1.04 -
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

We have moved forward with everything we are working on what will be the final leg of the demo because if it is any longer most people will probably not play it to its completion. So you will have the option to either play as Sen or Jagen for two smaller campaigns. We plan to give more info on that later on today in our first video log whenever my daughter goes to sleep lol.

Right now am I currently working on one of the more elaborate cut scenes. It involves one of the main antagonist and happens shortly at the end of Jagens demo campaign when we next release it. Here is an example.

We are also working on doing some of the code for the battle system. Yin is implementing the timed hits and seeing how we could bring that to a more completed state. Yin has done a bunch of the code work for many things since the end of our last campaign. She has completed the crafting system which involves creating new and unique items so some combination of items could have different effects. We will go over more of this in our vlog.

Yin has also completed the shop. She took inspiration from the Tales of Vesperia series in which you can select all the items you would like to buy and check out all at once.

In our effort to gain more support we have launched an epocu campaign. With this we are looking for at least 50 supporters to boost our confidence and to let us know where we stand as far as having an audience. So if you like it please let us know by supporting us on this platform. Right now we currently have 18 supporters and I am pretty excited about that!

We also plan on relaunching our crowd funding campaign for the final time at the end of August or the beginning of September. In honor of such an occasion we are going to start a design contest for a boss enemy in the game. We will have details on that soon.

Thank for reading this update and we shall have our vlog up soon.

Sincerly,

-Tyrell & Whitney White
#10  August 05, 2014, 10:42:40 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Taking in some feedback one and trying new faceports.
Took your feedback and now we have new ports what do you think?

One of the things we are trying to do to make the game unique is getting a really strong hold on the comic book theme. So we are going to try to go all out with it. Incorporating new text boxes and some old school onomatopoeia. Let us know how we are doing. Your feedback can help shape the game.

Those who have played it took the survey and it is giving us a real good idea on what we need to do.
#11  August 11, 2014, 07:50:01 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Boss Enemy Design Contest!

In honor of our upcoming Kickstarter, we are doing a boss enemy design contest in order for someone to win some really cool stuff before the campaign even begins. We want people to get involved with the creation of the game and we figured this is the best way of doing it.

Here is how you enter:

1. Draw a boss by the 28th of August. The boss can be a human, jeht (demonoid being), or a creative mystical beast. Just about anything you can think of.
2. Write a compelling back story describing its powers and abilities.
3. Email your drawings to yin Boss Enemy Design Contest!

Join our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DemonsRevenge
We will announce the winner on Facebook, Twitter, and our main website. There, you can comment onyour submission and put more attention towards your creation!

What Do You Win?

The winner gets their boss in the game, a poster of your creation drawn by our artist Ricky Gunawan. The winner will also receive a copy of the game.

Rules or Restrictions:

- By submitting to our design contest, you agree that you will give us your mailing address if chosen as the winner (unless you don't want the physical prize).

- If the design is a human, they normally derive their magical abilities from objects or the type of region where they are from.

- If the design is a jeht, they generally have red, black, white, or dark purple skin. Some are shape shifters and can look like humans with extremely pale skin tones. They usually have abilities derived from their physical physique, which is of immense strength and speed, and have natural abilities that deal with the elements of light, darkness, fire, water, ice, earth, and wind.

- Mystical creature anything goes.

- You agree that you are age of consent in your country, or have permission from an adult to give out your address and receive a prize from us.

- You can submit as many designs as you like

- You do not need to be a great artist as we will be judging the contest based on creativity in the design, story, and powers/abilities.

- If it's anthropomorphic, please don't use nudity. It will not be chosen.

- We reserve the right to change the rules as we see fit if necessary.

- Ask any questions on facebook, twitter, or our website, DemonsRevenge.com.
Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:19:26 am by trexrell44
#12  August 11, 2014, 11:15:07 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Heya, your contest would likely atract more attention if it was a different thread signaled as such.  :)
#13  August 14, 2014, 01:19:05 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
#14  August 14, 2014, 02:39:30 am
Will probably give this a shot when it's further along.
#15  August 21, 2014, 09:46:57 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Hey guys! We have lots of news and big things happening for CT:DR that have all come at the right time.

First let me start by saying that your support has really given us the confidence to go on and try our best to complete this game. It is a passion of ours to make this game as well as others and see it to completion. This is something we started way before Mugen and we finally have the skills and know how to get it done.

I will like to show you guys some of the cool contest submissions we have had over the course of the event. There are some pretty creative entries as well as some unique and interesting stories. The contest ends soon so get your submissions in by the 28th.

Contest Submission

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

We have also had a very good game commentator by the name of Flick do a nice video on our game check it out.

We have also had some rather interesting streams one that I was very excited about.I watch this stream every Sunday when I'm not working and I am a big fan.

We had a really good interview and they played our game on the stream. I was extremely excited to be on their show and the video will be uploaded on their page on Monday.

Epocu

The Epocu campaign is going really well. We only have a few more days left but we only need 10 more supporters. Help us reach that goal guys and we will be more than ready for our next launch. Here is the link here we really need your support.

Epocu

We have been receiving a lot of news coverage these past couple of days. Youtubers and streamers, not to mention the contest. We have decided this is as good of a time as any to do our third and final Kickstarter campaign for CT:DR on September 2nd. Guys we really need your support. I'm working on a new trailer and we are sending out more emails, talking to more lets players, and getting everyone excited for this. We are doing a lot of work but we can not do this without our supporters, our friends, and our fans. For more info check out our blog post.
Demon's Revenge Blog

We really need you guys feedback on our current campaign please review the preview and let us know what you think. The new trailer will be uploaded before we launch.Kickstarter Preview
#16  August 28, 2014, 10:17:23 pm
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
We had yet another great review if you did not get the chance to play it. Here is something for you.

All entries for the contest are in. We have had some really good participation and it will be a lot of fun seeing these creations in game. I would love to have everyone who participated be a winner but we are going to do it in a community vote on the official website. Look out for the link as we will be posting that soon.

In just 5 days our Kickstarter campaign goes live! We are really getting close and we really are hoping for a huge showing from our community. This not only helps us bring people the game sooner, but provides it with much more quality and scale. It becomes a bridge for future games from us and allows people to be a part of development. If you have not yet subscribed to our newsletter and want to keep informed here is the link just click on the kickstarter banner. http://demonsrevenge.com/

We finally have the interview that we did with Average Giants. I stumbled over my words because I was so excited! I do not think I even gave the reviewers enough time to ask questions.

#17  September 02, 2014, 03:09:27 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com

We are less than 24 hours until our campaign day! We need all the support we can get. Even if all you can give is a dollar anything helps on the 1st day as we need to build popularity. If you guys think our game is cool please join us.

Visit our website for more info. http://demonsrevenge.com/
#18  September 11, 2014, 06:45:51 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Ok guys Its been far too long since I made a forum post. Here is a brief summary of all the things we have been going over in updates.

Update #3 I did a V log talking about the campaign.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/977034

Update #4 Boss enemy contest winner was announced
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/977507
Congratulations to Fred Green & his wife who collaborated to create Adelyte.

Update #5 Motion comic cutscene
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/978579

Update #6 Thanks to our artist
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/979854

Update #7 Stretch goals
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/981756

#19  September 19, 2014, 09:55:01 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
We have a bunch more updates since I was last around.

Update #8 We show some bigger boss enemies among a lot of other things.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/984271

Update #9 We talk about the tragedy that befalls the main character and her brother.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/985160

Update #10 We talk more about the character Zone and what his story is.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/985855

Update #11 We had a streamed interview with Indiegame Magazine
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/986950

Update #12 Updated demo with community suggestions
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/987155

Update #13 I thanked all the backers and we had another youtuber play our game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/987172

Update #14 We get our contest winner image and sprite done.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/990846
#20  October 07, 2014, 10:49:28 pm
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com