YesNoOk

King of Fighters 94 20th Anniversary Mugen Edition (Read 19095 times)

Started by tiranojor, March 24, 2016, 06:04:20 am
Share this topic:
King of Fighters 94 20th Anniversary Mugen Edition
#1  March 24, 2016, 06:04:20 am
    • Argentina
This is a project a made for celebrate the 20th anniversary of the saga. I start the project before the annoucement of kof xiv because i wanted a new game for 2014 but it does not appear until now.

The game is not only a compilation, i modify the characters one by one to match the game system.
I foccused in the jugability and all the characters are equilibrated by me.

The game features:
27 characters (the original 24, the boss rugal and guest characters saisyu & iori)
DMs, SDMs, and HSDMs
Medium and hard AI
New moves
spark and sounds unificated
dizzy, counter and power charge
new backgrouns and arranged music

Video:

I am from argentina, sorry if i made a linguistic error jejeje

download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ias1vmwdmzdmz1/KOF9420THFINAL.zip (Final version)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ccm476guttt6j7/KOF+94+20+TH.zip (Beta version)

Screenshots:

Thanks!!!!!
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:00:45 pm by tiranojor
Re: King of Fighters 94 20th Anniversary Mugen Edition
#2  March 24, 2016, 06:24:23 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Is this a compilation or characters made by you?
#3  March 24, 2016, 06:32:08 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
apparenlty yes since the video end credits lists all the original char creators

so it is a compilation but he seems to have done some editing based on what he listed above so... meh.

//edit: also, adlfy links to download the game cuz dem DM's ain't cheap
#4  March 24, 2016, 01:30:46 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Hi!

Sites like adfly and others are actually forbidden here, if you don't remove the ad referrals this thread will be canned and the links possibly removed, especially since adfly has popups that tried to give me malware before.
#5  March 24, 2016, 03:53:46 pm
    • Argentina
HI!!!! The game is not only a compilation of characters, i modify the characters in every state, every cmd, every animation, etc to have a balanced game
I add the original links to download the game, so you dont have to enter the site to download it with the adfly links.
#6  March 24, 2016, 05:19:52 pm
- bosses recover life during battle and their supers give back power (... what the actual FUCK?!)
- drunk guy's super (i don't remember nor will i botehr to look up his name) explosion super also gives back power
- chang has a messes up palette
- terry flew of the stage at one point and came back some time later
- why didn't you used matching small avatars in the select screen
- for whatever reason ralf is the only one who does not have his default palette on his select screen big portrait
- projectile spamming
- this game reminded me how much i hate the china team
- the original stages are pretty meh
- you can see the top of the random select icon below. in that case it should be either in the select screen or hidden a bit lower
- no move list
- game is moleboxed. probabbly to prevent people from taking stuff without permission and making their own games amirite?
- why not use visuals from the kof94 HD version? (i'll assume a response like "it's for a nostalgic feeling" rather than "no one has ripped it yet so ti was easier to edit  what was available")

overall is a pretty bland compilation. yuo say some changes have been made but they were nothing i noticed other than the DM's etc (are those even still popular, heck kofxi came out 11 years ago... damn i'm old!). the most fun i had was form using and fighting characters i already had in my mugen (like, that was totally ironmugen's kim, right? i recognize that annoying ai :D also, iron's yuri "sabisu sabisu~").

so might as well just download the un-edited characters and have fun with them instead
#7  March 25, 2016, 01:42:54 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Welcome to the forum bruh!
I remember when you show this game in Mugen Imperio Latino. Very glad that you use my 1.0 edit of the KOF '94 screenpack for the game. :)
#8  March 25, 2016, 02:13:10 am
Moleboxed stuff, is not my stuff...too bad i'll pass.   and why did you moleboxed this ???

maybe for no reason.... so no thx from me.

:thumbsdown:
#9  March 25, 2016, 12:24:32 pm
If all character used HD KOF 94 sprites would be much better.
#10  March 25, 2016, 02:32:43 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
One of my problems with this is how the stages are edited to have cameos in it. It's a very common mistake that a lot of people tend to mess up with, because the common reasoning for it is just "paste the character sprite in there and it'll look good". It doesn't, it stands out like an overdetailed eyesore and doesn't blends with the stage at all. Even KOF 2002 UM had a few reused fighter/striker sprites from previous games, and yet they were still edited to blend in with the rest of the level and not have as much detail, due to their distance:

Here's Duke Edwards, for a sample. You can easily tell it was taken from his striker animation from KOF 2000, yet he wasn't just copy and pasted in. They actually bothered to make him not as detailed, and desaturated him a bit due to his distance (and darkened him a bit, since he's inside that tent), which is common knowledge in perspective, when it comes to art. So yeah, if anything, avoid from just copy and pasting characters, and try to make them blend with the stage.

Shit
#11  March 25, 2016, 02:42:39 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
If all character used HD KOF 94 sprites would be much better.

Yeah, but 94 Rebout is based on the weird KOF 94 sprites and everybody is missing their signature moves and DMs
#12  March 29, 2016, 04:13:25 am
    • Argentina
- bosses recover life during battle and their supers give back power (... what the actual FUCK?!)
- drunk guy's super (i don't remember nor will i botehr to look up his name) explosion super also gives back power
- chang has a messes up palette
- terry flew of the stage at one point and came back some time later
- why didn't you used matching small avatars in the select screen
- for whatever reason ralf is the only one who does not have his default palette on his select screen big portrait
- projectile spamming
- this game reminded me how much i hate the china team
- the original stages are pretty meh
- you can see the top of the random select icon below. in that case it should be either in the select screen or hidden a bit lower
- no move list
- game is moleboxed. probabbly to prevent people from taking stuff without permission and making their own games amirite?
- why not use visuals from the kof94 HD version? (i'll assume a response like "it's for a nostalgic feeling" rather than "no one has ripped it yet so ti was easier to edit  what was available")

overall is a pretty bland compilation. yuo say some changes have been made but they were nothing i noticed other than the DM's etc (are those even still popular, heck kofxi came out 11 years ago... damn i'm old!). the most fun i had was form using and fighting characters i already had in my mugen (like, that was totally ironmugen's kim, right? i recognize that annoying ai :D also, iron's yuri "sabisu sabisu~").

so might as well just download the un-edited characters and have fun with them instead

Thank you very much for the constructive criticism and make a list for me hehe. I know most of these errors and will correct them. I learned what it takes to make the game and there are many things I'm learning now. When I was a child my dream was to make video games and I'm really enjoying doing them, maybe wrong or right but i am getting fun hehe.
About the characters, yes it is kim cci, and changes focus on the damage, combos, and sparks. I like the kof xi  sparks and I know they are quite old, I'm working on being able to choose sparks, characters costumes and stages.
Why do not you like china team? hehe

PD: Sorry if i make a linguistic error i am from argentina and speak spanish most of the time je
#13  March 29, 2016, 04:18:30 am
    • Argentina
One of my problems with this is how the stages are edited to have cameos in it. It's a very common mistake that a lot of people tend to mess up with, because the common reasoning for it is just "paste the character sprite in there and it'll look good". It doesn't, it stands out like an overdetailed eyesore and doesn't blends with the stage at all. Even KOF 2002 UM had a few reused fighter/striker sprites from previous games, and yet they were still edited to blend in with the rest of the level and not have as much detail, due to their distance:

Here's Duke Edwards, for a sample. You can easily tell it was taken from his striker animation from KOF 2000, yet he wasn't just copy and pasted in. They actually bothered to make him not as detailed, and desaturated him a bit due to his distance (and darkened him a bit, since he's inside that tent), which is common knowledge in perspective, when it comes to art. So yeah, if anything, avoid from just copy and pasting characters, and try to make them blend with the stage.

Thanks for the tips. I was experimenting with cameos as the original scenarios looked a little lonely.
#14  March 29, 2016, 04:29:23 am
    • Argentina
Welcome to the forum bruh!
I remember when you show this game in Mugen Imperio Latino. Very glad that you use my 1.0 edit of the KOF '94 screenpack for the game. :)

Glad to meet you!!!! I would like to know your author name to add you in the credits.  I know the original author of the screenpack was darksaviour but I found this version on a facebook site and nobody told who made the 1.0 version. You made the 1.0 edit of darksaviour kof 95 screenpack too?
#15  March 29, 2016, 04:39:35 am
no need to triple post, you can reply to more than once person per post (you can also edit your posts)
Why do not you like china team? hehe
i find them incredibly annoying

so good luck with this
#16  March 30, 2016, 03:56:14 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Glad to meet you!!!! I would like to know your author name to add you in the credits.  I know the original author of the screenpack was darksaviour but I found this version on a facebook site and nobody told who made the 1.0 version. You made the 1.0 edit of darksaviour kof 95 screenpack too?

It's gui0007 and yes i made the 1.0 edit of KOF '95 sp too.
#17  May 06, 2016, 04:46:25 am
    • Argentina
Yeah I triple post because I am new in forums hehe sorry
during this days I  fix da problems and i decided to make kof95 20th instead of a new version of kof 94 20th :)
i will use the screenpack that gui0007 has converted