YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562120 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3.0.1 Final
#1241  January 24, 2018, 06:38:47 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I wouldn't spend too much time on the auto-CLSN thing. Just toss in the algorithm you used last time (unless you REALLY want to have fun having it detect perfectly the non-alpha regions of sprites and creating the boxes to fill that area since that is an interesting problem).

Also, if you need ANY testing, especially on macOS, I'd be more than happy to help! I've helped you the last few times and feel it's only appropriate that I continue doing so! I also have a lot more experience debugging than I did 9 years ago.
If this feature comes back, I will need to put limits as people don't see that it's fully customizable, so you can generate less boxes if you fine tune it.
About testing, I will send you something when i manage to compile the latest version on macOS. I'm having some strange issues now :D

When I tried to use the auto generation of clsn boxes it'd pump out 20 to 30 boxes.
I think if you do put it in, it should have a pop up box asking the number of boxes to produce.
Either that or do 3 or 4 maximum.
That's the problem, it's fully customizable, so you can produce less boxes fine tuning it. But as I said above, if this feature comes back, for sure, I will put limits.

@VirtuallTek
sry if my explaination somehow hard to understand,if the words i use in my post offended you,i apologize
i don't speak engish too well and my vocabulary is limited
if the forget thing gets to you i apologize,i just can't explain very well about the matter, so it would be better to forget about it
i hope this time you understand what i'm trying to say

about the crop thing,i was hoping maybe you can add another option
an option so the croping can occur 5 pixel before the edge of the croping take place[left,right,up,down]
that 5 is just for example

if it can't be done or you still dont get what i'm saying...let's forget together.

i'm just glad that you actually going to update ff3
good luck with the update ;)
Oh, no problem :D
About suggestions, I will do something ;)

EDIT:
Finished the new preset system plus complete support for high DPI. Tested on 300ppi display and it looks awesome on Windows 10 - 200% scaling.
Full support for alpha channel done. Palette generation and 'adapt to palette' can be used on 32bit images to make 8bit sprites with anti-aliasing (will work on Mugen 1.1 only, to save you must use PNG and will be editable only on FF as Photoshop will open these as RGB, not indexed).
It's almost done. I will finish some things in the scripting system to bring back templates and I think FF will be ready for a first release.

Thanks!
Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:44:42 pm by VirtuallTek
#1242  January 24, 2018, 07:08:15 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
fucking awesome, there honestly should be a star made for extra recognition or contributions as big as fighter factory...  so many creators benefit from this tool.
#1243  January 24, 2018, 07:48:01 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Eeeeeee I can’t wait!
#1244  January 24, 2018, 08:51:42 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'm looking forward for this
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1245  January 24, 2018, 09:01:42 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I can't wait for it!
This is fate.
#1246  January 27, 2018, 09:16:21 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
First version is ready!
I will debug it a little more, but expect a release in the next days (time to finish some things, upload the new site and start the campaign on Patreon)!

Thanks!
#1247  January 27, 2018, 09:38:32 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
#1248  January 29, 2018, 08:24:55 pm
    • France
First version is ready!
I will debug it a little more, but expect a release in the next days (time to finish some things, upload the new site and start the campaign on Patreon)!

Thanks!

yeeepeeee !!!!!!!!!!

thank YOU !
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#1249  January 31, 2018, 08:44:04 pm
    • USA
Very excited about the source code becoming available, any idea for when that might take place?
#1250  January 31, 2018, 10:19:34 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
My body is ready.
This is fate.
#1251  February 04, 2018, 01:50:16 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@VirtuallTek: Sweet Jesus I almost forgot to request an old feature be put back in!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it so if I don't have the default palette selected, the animations will play with that palette!
Like if palette 1,4 is active in Sprites and I switch to Animations it doesn't go back to 1,0.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#1252  February 04, 2018, 02:39:23 pm
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
I haven't read to check if anyone else has asked this but, will there be a 64bit version?

Either way, Really looking forward to this Virtualtek, you're a true legend XD
Even the current version is awesome enough but to hear about all these improvements & high DPI support is awesome.
Keep up the good work!
#1253  February 05, 2018, 12:14:46 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
@VirtuallTek: Sweet Jesus I almost forgot to request an old feature be put back in!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it so if I don't have the default palette selected, the animations will play with that palette!
Like if palette 1,4 is active in Sprites and I switch to Animations it doesn't go back to 1,0.

Yes please!! I'm with Odb718 on this one! I totally forgot about that small issue! And will this update fix a bug where if you edit the fighter's .def in Fighter Factory and try to close that fighter's tab, the app will crash.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1254  February 05, 2018, 12:28:41 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
@VirtuallTek: are you making changes in the remappal tool? It would be extremely useful to have more than 5 colors selected at once, since many chars use more than 5 shades of color

#1255  February 05, 2018, 01:01:11 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
First version is ready!

Thanks!

That is great news! I will be waiting for the release!

Who knows, this might be the spark for me to get back into MUGEN!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1256  February 05, 2018, 03:42:24 pm
  • MK: Devastation Team Member
  • Just a youngster. :D
    • Argentina
Cannot wait!!! ;D
For MK MUGEN fans!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1257  February 07, 2018, 01:37:19 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I'm doing final adjustments, It's close! :D

Very excited about the source code becoming available, any idea for when that might take place?
I don't know. I need to comment things better and make some tips about how to compile it. It's being developed by one person all time so to speed up things the code has little comments and some weird identifiers :D But, make sure yout C++14 compiler ready for it.

I haven't read to check if anyone else has asked this but, will there be a 64bit version?

Either way, Really looking forward to this Virtualtek, you're a true legend XD
Even the current version is awesome enough but to hear about all these improvements & high DPI support is awesome.
Keep up the good work!
Yes. Windows (32 and 64bits), Linux (64bits), macOS (64bits).

Yes please!! I'm with Odb718 on this one! I totally forgot about that small issue! And will this update fix a bug where if you edit the fighter's .def in Fighter Factory and try to close that fighter's tab, the app will crash.
You can use the Palette remap window to view animations with alternate palettes (Palettes -> Remap).
Yes, fixed.

@VirtuallTek: are you making changes in the remappal tool? It would be extremely useful to have more than 5 colors selected at once, since many chars use more than 5 shades of color
As I said before, I will try, but we have a space issue on lower resolution displays.

This version doesn't have big new features, but for sure, It's a massive improvement over FF3.
Thanks!
#1258  February 07, 2018, 04:40:59 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Will your new website host the latest Fighter Factory?
#1259  February 07, 2018, 12:05:39 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
#1260  February 08, 2018, 11:36:07 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Can't wait to see the new improvements of Fighter Factory. Hope the bug where the program will sometimes not run M.U.G.E.N for testing purposes when I never ran it in the first place or is already closed. Even sometimes it won't run at all even after closing Fighter Factory and reopening it again.

Will your new website host the latest Fighter Factory?
Yes
He wasn't talking to you, how would you know?
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.