YesNoOk

Zero from Megaman Zero MVC Style by Kenshiro99 (Read 32043 times)

Started by kenshiro99, January 03, 2021, 10:40:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Zero from Megaman Zero MVC Style by Kenshiro99
#21  January 06, 2021, 04:02:16 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Thank you all for the feedback
Responding to SolidZOne26:
- Honestly, I don't see any problems with the sound of the landing, as well as the lack of voices in taunt and dark hold (I left it on purpose and will keep it that way), so I didn't do anything about it. If someone wants to change or add sounds, feel free.
- In some cases, Dark Hold will be out of alignment because it depends on the position of the SFF which varies from char to char, which is with the 5011/10 sprite, some will be misaligned, others will not.
- The hitspark and guard spark of jumping HP are great for me, but I noticed that the jumping LP was really out of alignment, this was fixed, the jumping HP will be maintained.
- I think the mugen crash occurs due to some green hitboxes that were used, I made an adjustment in possible error spots and maybe it will solve it. Let me know if it occurs again.
- Z-Saber Smash fixed
- Z to know slash 3 OK

There are no plans for more Hyper combos, just those. There will be others in Omega Zero mode in the future.

Please download the char again from the same link above.

Friend kenshiro, as far as i checked, the game crashing special with those errors in the green boxes is gone, if i manage to find any other error, i shall let you know.
#22  January 06, 2021, 06:27:39 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Friend kenshiro, as far as i checked, the game crashing special with those errors in the green boxes is gone, if i manage to find any other error, i shall let you know.
Are you certain? I downloaded it just now and still got crashes when using the Ultimate Saber Dash or Z-Saber Slash. Turns out none of files have been updated as they are on the same date I downloaded yesterday. The files would've been edited on 1/5, not still be on 1/3.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#23  January 06, 2021, 08:11:45 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Thanks friend, I want to see Zero in your videos hahaha
I really like the demonstrations you do

Thanks

Here it is! ;)

And about the crash problem, doesn't happend with me. Tested both in 1.0 (in the video) and 1.1
#24  January 07, 2021, 12:34:52 am
    • USA
So after doing some extensive testing, I'm getting some consistent crashing on certain parts of the character. I did some diagnostics and found out that there's actually one more way it will crash, not just the two I mentioned and why does it do it. Hint, it has to do with hitboxes. I usually don't use debug mode for testing characters as there's usually no need, but it has gone to point where I have to since it's literally game-breaking.

-Jump Punch Medium
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This happens as the last 8 frames have no hitboxes. If you turn on debug mode and see there are hitboxes in-game, they aren't aligned to fit Zero's sprites as they use random placements for those frames.

-Z-Saber Slash 3
This happens on the beginning of the animation. Same with Jump Punch Medium, there is either just one hitbox near where he swings his Z-Saber or just uses random ones for the rest.

-Ultimate Saber Dash
This happens on the 4th and last hit of the animations. Two of the frames in the animation are not using consistent hitboxes with the rest and any that use blue will disappear.

If you managed to get lucky and play through a round without the game closing and managing to use all 3 moves, then the character won't crash for the rest of the match as it will stick with those hitboxes. If you play Arcade mode, this is not good as it won't use those exact frames on the next rounds as it will generate new ones, making crashing possible. Just because it doesn't crash for you doesn't mean it will again on the next match. Please, don't overlook this.
Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:39:27 am by SolidZone 26
#25  January 07, 2021, 01:31:38 am
    • Brazil
Thank you all for the feedback
Gui0007 - Thank you very much for the video, thanks to him, I could see the problem in which Solidzone26 mentioned about dark hold, strange that in my mugen this does not happen at any time. Anyway, I increased the time that the effect is stuck on the opponent, preventing it from moving permanently, well, so I hope hahaha

SolidZone26 - I always perform test gameplay, countless times, with the hitboxes on display and at no time did I see this failure. I did a check on AIR and fixed the errors you pointed out, as well as indefinite places could happen possible errors. I believe that the mistakes have not happened again. Thanks

Please download the char again from the same link in first post.
#26  January 07, 2021, 01:58:08 am
    • USA
Ok, I see the pics and looks fixed. But now I got another problem mostly from the link itself. For some reason, I kept downloading the link you provided and it keeps downloading the same files from 1/3 even though the file says it was modified on 1/6. Tried two different browsers and I must have downloaded the same one on the previous update. Can you provide an alternative link?
#27  January 07, 2021, 02:04:39 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
#28  January 07, 2021, 03:21:39 am
    • USA
Ok, it seems no matter link I used to download, I can't seem to get the up to date files. Even the bug SquidlyPoli1 mentioned is still there. Can anyone else download both links and confirm it's just me? Can't continue feedback without the latest version.

This is the date of the files I keep getting:

Do these dates match up with anyone else?
Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:29:54 am by SolidZone 26
#29  January 07, 2021, 03:33:35 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Ok, it seems no matter link I used to download, I can't seem to get the up to date files. Even the bug SquidlyPoli1 mentioned is still there. Can anyone else download both links and confirm it's just me? Can't continue feedback without the latest version.

This is the date of the files I keep getting:

Do these dates match up with anyone else?

I get the same too. Not just you.
#30  January 07, 2021, 08:13:48 pm
    • USA
One, you didint update the link.
Two, you just edited 087-B's MMX Zero to make this MMZ Zero.
#31  January 07, 2021, 09:01:12 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#32  January 07, 2021, 09:10:33 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#33  January 07, 2021, 09:27:31 pm
  • Green Knight LVL 94
it's something with HP that is making the crash.

I've crashed doing the third swing on HP Triple Slash.

I haven't been able to recreate it this one yet, but even in the air it crashed while using HP in an air combo.

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko
#34  January 08, 2021, 01:22:57 am
    • Brazil
Thank you all
The files now have the correct modification dates, was giving some error on my machine when saving the file

SquidlyPoli1 - Air Buster in air dash fixed

G Lux - I believe the error was in the recovery, which was using different green boxes in the same animation, which causes the mugen to crash. That was fixed.

Link in first updated post
Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 02:13:08 am by kenshiro99
#35  January 08, 2021, 05:49:02 am
    • USA
Alright, I can confirm the link is correct with the updates files on 1/7. Back to what I wanted to say regarding the hyper combos before I went off on the crashing and the download link:

There are no plans for more Hyper combos, just those. There will be others in Omega Zero mode in the future.
I'm come to realize after playing Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, the hyper combos I mentioned are not ones that he would do in his "Mega Man Zero" counterpart and are actually from his "Mega Man X" attire. So now I know your intention was to make him closer to the MMZ games than MMX. Since I don't know more hyper combos than just using Z-Saber and Buster Shot, there's no other ones he could possibly do.

Overall, there are no other problems for me to report for the updated version and all aesthetics are fixed.
#36  January 08, 2021, 06:34:53 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I downloaded the latest version. Had NO crashes this time. Looked at the CLSN boxes, they looked pretty good. :)

One more complaint is, you can't charge up your saber like in the Mega Man Zero Games as you could in SvC Chaos.

Didn't mind the new taunt though, but I do miss the Ciel Call taunt from SvC, considering this is "MegaMan" Zero, and not X series Zero.

Looking forward to any possibility of Omega Zero option.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#37  January 08, 2021, 08:23:43 am
  • ScribblyTheCreator
  • Royality of Creator
    • Mexico
    • https://sites.google.com/view/scribblymugengamesandmore/main
Thanks To Kenshiro99 For Making This Characters!
#38  January 10, 2021, 12:03:13 pm
    • USA
Found a small issue after doing some arcade runs with him. If he blocks while charging his Buster Shot and you let go in the middle of blocking, he will continue to charge indefinitely until you press standing HP.

Also speaking about the Buster Shot, can you adjust it so it takes slightly longer to charge? It has such a short charge time to use a small shot, it keeps interrupting me when I'm trying to do chain combos especially when I need to use crouching HP to launch the opponent in the air.
#39  January 10, 2021, 08:44:50 pm
    • Brazil
Thanks for the feedback and compliments
* Defense buster charge, fixed
* Charge time increased
* Z-Saber smash raises an opponent off the ground when hit

Link UPdated in first post