YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2500288 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9501  December 07, 2020, 11:50:23 am
    • Germany
#9502  December 09, 2020, 12:53:27 pm
but it also seems like the Chinese subtitles are not well translated, so it could also be just some kind of strange misstranslation
What I heard is the other way around. The subtitles give a Chinese idiom which is fine, but the spoken exchange is a random bad racist joke (something like my knees are Chi-knees). I wouldn't bomb a movie over that but I'm not Chinese, and this is indeed a cringe joke.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9503  December 10, 2020, 03:48:03 am
    • Mexico
https://twitter.com/Clowfoe/status/1336727008777302016
About the Etikons situation. Do not support Etikons/Joyconboyz (The channel.) Only 10$ of the 65$ was ever going to charity and they refuse to give the money to Etika's family, even after all of the shit they have been through. Spread the news. (images from etika's brother)
[images are inside the twitt]
Ah, ain't it just lovely? To think that many people spent days spiting Nintendo for their recent terrible acts just to find out the "victims" themselves are dirtbags. Doesn't surprise me, but it's still one hell of a detestable thing to see.
#9504  December 10, 2020, 04:27:55 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#9505  December 10, 2020, 05:12:49 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#9506  December 11, 2020, 03:51:58 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Wasn't expecting a new Ghosts 'n Goblins title anytime soon.  Or rather, ever.

And it looks like an indie game.  But I mean that in a good way; The 2D graphics with the hand-painted storybook aesthetic is a very interesting stylistic choice.
#9507  December 11, 2020, 05:17:57 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I wonder how many people will complain that you have to beat the game twice to actually beat it.
#9508  December 11, 2020, 05:25:32 am
    • Brazil
I think Capcom will be smart enough to make this "beat the game twice" thing interesting, like different enemies, bosses and even areas. It would be stupid for them to include a simple repeat of the game like in the original, which was not only frustrating, but an incredibly lazy way to make the game longer.
#9509  December 11, 2020, 06:47:29 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Slightly raises my hopes the next MVC could possibly be in 2D or 2.5D.

EDIT:
Just saw this under my Youtube recommendations.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:44:30 pm by rgveda99
#9510  December 11, 2020, 11:30:54 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
There are a lot of games that I didn’t know Capcom actually made. That being Vulgus (1984) Pirate Ship Higemaru (1984) Tatakai no Banka (1986) Dynasty Wars (1989) Senjo no Okamill (1990) Mega Twins (1990) Carrier Airwing (1990) Varth Operation Thunder Storm (1992) Powered Gear (1994) Giga Wing (1999) 1944 Loop Master (2000) and Progear (2001).  Probably because this the first time made it to the west or on home console (or both).
#9511  December 12, 2020, 12:35:13 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Only a few of these games never received ports before. Weirdly Trojan, Mercs and Armored Warriors are listed with their Japanese names.

Nice pack and all, even if there's some odd omissions like Son Son, Exed Exes, Side Arms, Magic Sword and Darkstalkers. Also don't see a reason to include three different revisions of SFII.
Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 12:54:34 am by Magma MK-II
#9512  December 22, 2020, 05:24:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Here's a fun surprise for the holidays: a translation patch has been released for Super Robot Wars OG: Original Generations on the PS2.

Original Generations (OGs for short) is a complete remake of the Gameboy Advance titles Super Robot Wars Original Generation and Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2 (note the lack of an "s" in Generation); compared to those original games, OGs features some story tweaks (both major and minor), new robots and characters, additional missions, voiced lines in battle, and vastly improved, truly incredible sprite animation:

Unlike most SRW games, the OG subseries is specifically all original content: no licensed anime series like Gundam, Mazinger, or Evangelion. Instead, it's a mashup of all the many characters, mechs, and plots that they've created over the years for those mainline games, all set in one world as part of a increasingly complex storyline. OGs is not only a great introduction to the Super Robot Wars franchise as a whole (since you don't need to know diddly squat about any anime beforehand), it's also the start of a great SRPG series of its own. I highly recommend it!
#9513  January 13, 2021, 05:24:01 am
    • Germany
#9514  January 13, 2021, 09:21:07 am
    • Brazil
I wonder whether this one will launch before or after being finished...
#9515  January 13, 2021, 09:22:50 pm
    • Germany
#9516  January 13, 2021, 11:31:20 pm
    • Brazil
Well, fuck EA, they're garbage and managed to make a total of one good Star Wars game after two disasters (though Battlefront 2 did cause a lot of people to call for a lootbox ban, so some good can still come out of that). I don't like Ubisoft very much, their games all seem to follow a similar formula and they let criminals work there as if they did nothing, but I guess they're more likely to do a better job than EA, so, it's a start.
#9517  January 13, 2021, 11:55:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Shitty EA losing the exclusive rights to Star Wars games only to be immediately followed with an announcement Shitty Ubisoft got the license and are making yet another generic open-world Ubisoft checklist game is the epitome of the "Upgrade/Fuck, Go Back" meme.
#9518  January 14, 2021, 02:50:43 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well....I SUPPOSE I like Ubisoft's games in general better than EA's?  I think within the past decade I've only bought Alice: Madness Returns and Mirror's Edge Catalyst from EA, and they're both significant outliers.  I liked Assassin's Creed until the fourth numbered title, which is what I'm left to assume is going to be their basis for this Star Wars game.

Oh.  Ok, now actually getting into the article, this is the people from The Division.  It's gonna be a Tom Clancy's Star Wars.  M'kay.....Hunt for Red October, but running away with a spaceship instead it is.

Note, I have not played or even looked remotely deeply into a single Tom Clancy game since Rainbow Six Vegas in, like, 2006, so I have zero idea what the games are like at this point other than made fun of for being glitchy bug-filled messed like Elder Scrolls.  I hope the writing is at least good.
Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:57:28 am by Long John Killer
#9519  January 14, 2021, 06:58:49 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
LOL. Does that mean we'll get a Star Wars Just Dance exclusive game just like they did on the Kinect?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9520  January 15, 2021, 02:13:35 am
    • Germany
LOL. Does that mean we'll get a Star Wars Just Dance exclusive game just like they did on the Kinect?

If yes it will only contain the characters from the last 3 films and the High Republic stuff they try to push right now. ^^