YesNoOk

Gato+ (Garou JET) 100% (Read 16333 times)

Started by Bannana, January 06, 2021, 01:14:27 am
Share this topic:
Gato+ (Garou JET) 100%
#1  January 06, 2021, 01:14:27 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/

Spoiler: THANKS TO and DEDICATED TO (click to see content)

Q. What is TOP?
A. The MotW to Mark of the Wolves' MotW (lol)

Q. What's different?
A. Some very minor changes have been made.
T.O.P. moves, Feints, Break moves have been moved to JET as DMs, Feint cancels, and Break cancels, respectively. T.O.P. becomes much more of a defensive style of play in the process by limiting the existence of certain moves used in standard combos (esp. because feints and breaks disappear, limiting some of the longer combos found in some characters).

Q. What is EAS?
A. The Full Moon to Mark of the Wolves' Crescent Moon

Q. What's different?
A. Some stuff!
This is an attempt to return the core focus of MotW to some of the old traits of Fatal Fury. Pre-Real Bout chain combo neutral reappears, the sort of flat damage scaling based on enemy health returns, backstep canceling from FFS comes back, and the Heat Bar of Wild Ambition (a personal favorite) takes center stage. This is essentially me taking a big block of my Wild Ambition studies and combining it with some aspects of my favorite Fatal Fury title, Special.

Q. What is JET?
A. The GGXXAC+R to Mark of the Wolves' GGXX#RELOAD

Q. What's different?
A. EVERYTHING!
The introduction of JUST EXTENDED TECHNIQUE, a canceling system that rewards technical play, removing meter altogether, adding in new cancels, RB-ish chains WITH reverse beat, and the classic red bar Desperation Move is reinterpreted in the Densetsu Move. However, J.E.T. is a risky avenue, because it requires canceling in order to reach the damage levels of the other two (For some characters this mode could essentially be useless!). This mode is made for people who like experimentation.

Q. WHY IS THE DAMAGE SO HIGH?
A. This initially wasn't my goal.
The damage here is a side effect of a calculation in my formula for converting raw damage numbers from the AES MotW practice mode. At first I wanted to change it, but it actually brings in the dino damage quality that I enjoy about early Fatal Fury games. Nothing against "anime games" (lol), but I personally dislike the drag that scaling puts on the match, and I love the tension that the possibility of a character absolutely shutting you down by blowing away more than 40% of your bar in four hits brings the to decision making process of playing games.

Q. Guard break?
A. The only thing not in right now.
I tend to not prefer it outside of a fullgame environment; however, we're looking to do some cool things with this (maybe not a total full game, but we have a nice collection of character ideas for this style) so it will pop in by later characters.

Spoiler: T.O.P. - Tactical Offensive Position (Mark of the Wolves) (click to see content)
Spoiler: E.A.S. - Equal Attack Situation (Wild Ambition/Special) (click to see content)
Spoiler: J.E.T. - Just Extended Technique (Real Bout/Contemporary) (click to see content)
Spoiler: movelist (click to see content)
Spoiler: bug&check lists (click to see content)

Spoiler: old images (click to see content)

ENJOY : )

Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 05:47:21 am by Bannana
Re: Gato+ (MotW JET) PUBLIC BETA
#2  January 07, 2021, 10:05:56 am
    • USA
some slight graphical and jet tweaks

Spoiler: the changelog said (click to see content)
Re: Gato+ (MotW JET) PUBLIC BETA
#3  January 09, 2021, 02:48:37 am
    • USA
Massive changes. Gato's MotW canceling is 100% correct now (I had a few things missing/in the wrong spot), and to make J.E.T. chaining more character specific I overhauled the cancel trees to reflect his specific MotW special canceling. So instead of canceling into a special from a certain move on hit or block, you now use those same cancel attributes to chain normals together. This hopefully will prevent other characters down the line from all suffering Angel syndrome and lead to different playstyles.

Basic AI also added but I'm no good at that so he might be buggy/loop states :p

Re: Gato+ (Garou JET) [ver. 90%]
#4  January 27, 2021, 07:58:59 am
    • USA
WHOA NEW FIRST POST!

massive new build that has all the modes in, HUD pending

as usual check the bug list before you tell me what I know!

#5  January 27, 2021, 02:03:18 pm
This looks intense. Mark of the Wolves is one of my favorite games. If you're making an entirely new system, are you also adding new characters to the roster too? I need to check out this Gato.
#6  January 27, 2021, 08:32:45 pm
    • USA
The idea is similar to Claudio Toxi's full game, so if we ever get to full game level we would focus on Fatal Fury characters that have a similar sprite style, so all the Mark of the Wolves and Real Bout 2 cast is up for grabs, but there might be a few tweaks here and there to "update" the core playstyles to more modern character archetypes, such as puppet characters.

Nothing will probably be true 1:1 conversions, I've gone out of my way to go against some quirks on source, like in Gato I didn't recreate the stomp cancel bug because even though I use it when I play I don't necessarily see it as healthy for game balance.

As for a timeline, I'm probably doing Grant next to see how I need to tweak the system rules for someone who has harder links
#7  January 28, 2021, 03:03:35 am
Sounds awesome. I'm gonna give this a whirl this weekend when I got some time. Excited to play.
#8  January 28, 2021, 03:37:09 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Been messing around with this Gato to see what he's capable of, and I'm enjoying what's there so far.

I did find one bug when trying to cancel Shin-ga into Ryuu-Ga: https://streamable.com/uhc51u (Forgive me if you already knew about this one)
#9  January 28, 2021, 06:00:11 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica

#10  January 28, 2021, 07:50:38 am
    • USA
Been messing around with this Gato to see what he's capable of, and I'm enjoying what's there so far.

I did find one bug when trying to cancel Shin-ga into Ryuu-Ga: https://streamable.com/uhc51u (Forgive me if you already knew about this one)
https://streamable.com/ymlex9
Oh these two again! Every time I think I stomp them out they resurface.

I omitted a line of code that resets the cancel flag in both of those states.
I added in some state restrictions to the cmd as a failsafe, so hopefully these don't pop up again. If they do, feel free to chew me out, lol

hotfix up for these, thanks for the feedback, everything right now will make later work smooth sailing

second hotfix just to preemptively clean up some errors
Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:55:27 am by Bannana
#11  January 31, 2021, 05:29:07 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Everything seems to be working as it should now. And no problem! ^^

I'm looking forward to future updates!
#12  February 10, 2021, 05:32:33 am
    • USA
If anyone is interested in playing around with a 3 button proposal of this system, check this out!

This is a very very very very cutting edge pre-alpha, but feedback is important so I'm casting a wide net. That being said, this might go nowhere because I might be able to fib some characters moves, you never know!

I haven't made any major updates aside from some sounds so this is a small patch with just the code/cmd files. Don't worry, I archived the 4 button! If you want to save yourself the time of redownloading I suggest doing the same and throwing these in a copy of the folder.

Spoiler: everything you need to know is in the folder except the movelist whoops! (click to see content)
Spoiler: Welcome to the three button prototype! (click to see content)

ROS

#13  February 15, 2021, 02:59:35 am
#14  February 20, 2021, 11:15:52 pm
    • USA
Lol, I gave him a Terry feint infinite I guess.

I'm not too sure about the timing of the cancels, they might be too lenient because I was putting more time into leisurly testing for bugs.

I'm trying another big update soon that will remove the "grooves" and fold in the EAS heat bar with JET cancels and breaks. I think right now it's a little too disconnected and not cohesive as a total system, and I'm interested in making a global system effect vs character specific.
Re: Gato+ (Garou JET) 100%
#15  March 04, 2021, 05:52:10 am
    • USA
Final version of the 4 button put out as a patch because I don't want to upload that sff again :p. Also available on the site.

Nothing actually major here except for adding in my chain module for Vans' Tiny Buffering and finishing up my auto-hitdef backend, but now I consider this 100% done in its current form. Obviously there are some graphical things that aren't done but shwa is pretty busy so no ETA on those.

Spoiler: the changelog (click to see content)
Re: Gato+ (Garou JET) 100%
#16  March 16, 2021, 02:00:45 am
    • USA
Bugfixes and hud stuff, go to the site

Spoiler: 3/15/21 -ver- TEXT && HUD (click to see content)