Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#681  March 13, 2021, 12:05:01 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
(with that being said, didn't SNK actually use to make 3D models and animate that before spriting over it even for the 2D period, at least in the later games ? They did have experience in doing rough models and animations, but not polishing it for commercial purpose, which, once again, shows in XIV, and some of the complex 2D anims in later games were clearly made over 3D animations)
I believe they started as early as the late 90s/early 00s with that method, but I'm not 100% sure about that. They definitely were using it intensely for XII/XIII, and even featured some behind the scenes details showing off both the process and some of the 3D models themselves.

I'm pretty sure they're still using at the very least some of the animations they developed for XIII too: Yuri's Chou Upper in XIV and XV looks identical to the specific (also very weird and pretty bad looking IMO) animation she had in XIII.
#682  March 13, 2021, 06:38:23 am
lol i had a dream today , that snk released kof xiii UM , with updated roster , polished gameplay and new moves...

think we can get iori flameless as dlc in xv? and it seems yuri is with AOF team and not the women's team. kof is revealing the staples first like , kyo/iori , the hero team , AoF , FF and probably next will be the ikari team after AoF.
Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 06:57:09 am by 地獄の花
#683  March 13, 2021, 09:07:19 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Well that's a better look than ever at how weird that haircut is lol. Short all over, except super long at the very bottom on the neck. I don't even know how it gets thick enough to braid.

Yes ! Looks like they just stick a braid to the previous haircut without thinking much.
Even if the actual haircut looked better than the previous one, this braid confuse me a bit.
I hope a mod can remove it in the PC version ^^
#684  March 13, 2021, 02:59:08 pm
i thought i was the only one who thought her braid was just there like they just stuck a braid behind her head...they should of gave her...her old hair style back but this this graphic style and she could still keep the same costume in the trailer
#685  March 13, 2021, 03:22:13 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
The only thing that's kinda bugged me about Yuri is the stance she got in XII/XIII. It seems to have kinda been moved to XIV and XV and I dunno... it just seems like it's very bunched up and small compared to 94-XI. At least I suppose it's not as dramatic as Ryo's change of stance from 96' onwards, heh.

lui

#686  March 13, 2021, 06:21:54 pm
    • USA
back on the subject of "NRS/WB arent triple A studios"

dawg my girlfriend knows what MK11 is. She doesnt even know what a Gundam is.

I had to explain to her wtf KoF was as a franchise.

I heard two midwestern baby boomers go to each other "yeah yeah my grandson he uhhhhh been playin that mortal kombat game that came out."

im very very very sure that makes NRS/WB games' stuff household names.

that is all.
#687  March 13, 2021, 11:44:31 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
back on the subject of "NRS/WB arent triple A studios"

dawg my girlfriend knows what MK11 is. She doesnt even know what a Gundam is.

I had to explain to her wtf KoF was as a franchise.

I heard two midwestern baby boomers go to each other "yeah yeah my grandson he uhhhhh been playin that mortal kombat game that came out."

im very very very sure that makes NRS/WB games' stuff household names.

that is all.

It helps Mortal Kombat is getting a new movie too.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#688  March 14, 2021, 12:07:33 am
Definitely the other way around, the movie follows the game's success. Unless you think WB was planning all along to revive the movie franchise, and bankrolled the games just to boost the popularity of the future movies several years later. (tbf it's possible they had that in mind all along but they wouldn't have gone with it if the games failed) (I haven't checked but I'm assuming that the movie is at WB)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 12:12:45 am by Byakko
#689  March 18, 2021, 02:58:12 am
    • Argentina
:v terry is here
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#690  March 18, 2021, 03:01:46 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
So I guess next week they'll show Robert then show a random character before Ryo.
#691  March 18, 2021, 03:15:51 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
The big surprise is bringing back Terry's classic attire rather than his KOFXIV duds.
#692  March 18, 2021, 03:44:11 am
I was expecting the team to be something different like terry might be teaming up with some others else instead of andy and joe while andy and joe would be teaming up with some others as well  :P

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#693  March 18, 2021, 03:54:39 am
  • Was it something I said?
I like the shark shop sign in the background. Also, sort of new Lvl. 3 super for Terry is pretty neat.
#694  March 18, 2021, 05:11:37 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

Shatter all expectations

Yeah okay this has been Team Fatal Fury for 27 years with only like 1 or 2 exceptions

SNK stop playing it safe
#695  March 18, 2021, 05:22:23 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
im hype for all these new arrangements of classic themes.
#696  March 18, 2021, 05:48:17 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Terry being terry
Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 06:00:45 am by yaret
#697  March 18, 2021, 07:25:00 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Terry' new lvl. 3 ends almost exactly like Yamazaki's did in 14
#698  March 18, 2021, 09:12:05 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
It's getting better every time.
This is a REAL trailer.

I hope they will not weaken their efforts.
I really hope Shermie (and her team) will be back. <3 <3 <3
Also, Rugal and many others...
Evenrything is possible
SNK, take your time, but make it well...

It was a good move to wait a bit to show Terry, so they took enough time to give him good appearance. (not like the characters of first teaser/trailer)
But not too late, so, they can "get attention" of Smash bros ppl As soon as possible.

I'm glad to see this team again, even if it shatter NOTHING...

Also, glad Terry go back to his own style, not the cool-wannabe look he had in 14.
#699  March 18, 2021, 11:14:13 am
The effects on Andy's moves (hishouken, chou reppa dan) are changed already, the chou reppa dan still looks too watery but the hishouken is an improvement to the weird whirlpool from his trailer (still not great though).
edit - nevermind, the crd is the same and it seems the hishoukens in the Andy vid were all EX and the ones in the Terry trailer are not.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:37:39 pm by Byakko
#700  March 18, 2021, 04:22:22 pm
  • SNK is life
I love Terry's model. The art direction is so clear, the colors are so vibrant and the characters are on their way to looking their best. I mean, Terry XV looks better than Smash Terry, which was previously the best he'd ever looked.