YesNoOk

Resident Evil 3.5 (Read 14728 times)

Started by Archaic, September 18, 2007, 04:39:59 am
Share this topic:
Resident Evil 3.5
#1  September 18, 2007, 04:39:59 am
  • I'll Wait, Untill You Make Your Move.
Everyone around here must play RE4, since all that "this is the best thing since OOT" thing, but did you guys know about RE3.5? Short way, the biggest mistake Capcom ever did.

RE4 can be a great game, but wasn't all that incredible for hardcore/old gamers (me in the list), why? Well, first because of the fighting system, it was cool but I still like the RE0-3 fucked up movement.

Still, the prime reason is RE3.5. For the new gamers, RE3.5 was RE4 BETA version, show on 2003 E3, in the GC "Golden Era", when Capcom was planing on releasing a bunch of [RE]makes to the cube.

But the most awesome thing, by far, Capcom was planing that year was RE3.5, awesome graphics, even for 2003/GC, I dare to compare them to the PS3, great plot, and a never seen before touch, REAL FEAR.

The hero was Leon, it's not know much about the story, but the basic is this, Leon was infected by the P-Virus, wich would transform him into a monster, maybe the new and "improved" Tyrant version.

Because of that, Leon was having alucinations, that's why everytime you fight a enemy the screen turns blue, it's fake.

But one thing was strange, the so called "Hook-Man". He was the main enemy in the game, but even today it's not sure if he was or wasn't another of Leon's delusions.

Here's a video of RE3.5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpEE_5pDzQ

This topic was made to discuss about the game, and one more thing, I've been searching for this game since [CRAPPY]RE4 (I hate RE4, but I still love it, I think my 1:17 SR proves it) came out. I've heard some copies of the E3 demo were sold on Magazines, and that three of Capcom's copies are missing.

If someone have this game (I know I'm wasting my time >.>), PLEASE SHARE. This is my dream, play RE3.5, I've been searching all over internet, but I can't find someone who own a copy of the game.

BTW, the Debug ISO is NOT RE3.5, it do has three rooms from 3.5, but they're glitched and you can't open them.

I even sent Capcom a few e-mails asking for this, but the greedy bastards always say "we don't know anything about RE3.5. Try our store for great products!"

Personally, I LOVE this game, I can't believe Capcom screwed it up with RE4. Don't get me wrong, RE4 IS a good game, but this version is just so perfect.

"Genocide Cutter!"

DMK

Re: Resident Evil 3.5
#2  September 18, 2007, 04:46:17 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I thought it was to much Silenthill.

Perhaps not the worse idea seeing as those were made(yet I play them anyway) but still.

Some of the better ones they neglected to do.

Such as the famed Resident Evil. 1.5

Gameplay looked good and zombies seemed never ending and ammo I heard was going to be low in quality no matter the level.

I remember a small youtube site hosting all videos.

Unfoutently I think it got taken down.  :'(
#3  September 18, 2007, 05:18:17 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
dont worry about re3.5, re5's already gonna come out! XD
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.

DMK

#4  September 18, 2007, 05:20:42 am
    • USA
#5  September 18, 2007, 05:31:31 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
RE 3.5 isn't an official title...  you'll never get unreleased game betas from an active company either.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.

DMK

#6  September 18, 2007, 05:46:49 am
    • USA
Yeah, it's bene years since the 1.5 version of RE 2 had bene talked about and seen.

Most companys like that keep stuff pretty tight and for it just to "Leek" onto the internet would surely see it taken down quick by Capcom.

At least I think seeing as SFO is still there. A diffrent topic altogather there.
#7  September 18, 2007, 05:54:17 pm
  • Master Of The Fist
IMO resident evil 4 is a let down as it doesnt feel like a resiedent evil game, i know they tried to take the franchise foward but i liked the old dodgy camera angels and painfull controls when ur trying to run from a zombie :)

All in i would have rather played this resident evil over resident evil 4 which is my worse resident evil to date!!!

my top 5 resident evil games.

1.resident evil 2
2.resident evil remake
3.resident evil 3
4.resident evil zero
5.resident evil code veronica
#8  September 18, 2007, 06:18:55 pm
    • Peru
IMO resident evil 4 is a let down as it doesnt feel like a resiedent evil game
I can bet for sure that RE fans could say "RE4 is the same crap we've playing for years" if the game gystem didn't change. Oh well, not everyone is happy with changes.
#9  September 18, 2007, 06:34:23 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
IMO resident evil 4 is a let down as it doesnt feel like a resiedent evil game
I can bet for sure that RE fans could say "RE4 is the same crap we've playing for years" if the game gystem didn't change. Oh well, not everyone is happy with changes.

+1

RE4 was a refreshing change from the horrendous controls and ammo shortage of the previous games.

DMK

#10  September 18, 2007, 07:10:21 pm
    • USA
It wasn't as much as a survival horror game as the rest.

Action/horror is more to the liking.

I'll be the first to say I'd give anything with the name Resident Evil a chance but they knew that the same recipe after so long would of killed the franchise.

Sooner or later in other installments they will get back to it but with enemies that can think and be deadly I feel is good right now.

1.resident evil 2
2.resident evil 4
3.resident evil remake
4.resident evil zero
5.resident evil code veronica

Fixed.  :-X
#11  September 18, 2007, 07:13:48 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
The new angle is way more creepy. When the ganados were close enough to whisper "KILL HIM" in your ear you definitely knew Capcom made a good choice. RE5 is going to be even better because it will be hopefully more jumpy parts and darker.
#12  September 18, 2007, 08:58:33 pm
I say yes to the end of the short ammo amount, but no to the new gameplay. As I said, I'm a old school player, my dream is to play 3.5, it's like the perfect game.

I know that the game was too dark (and too much SH), but if you take a look at the story you'll see it's nothing to be afraid of.

RE 3.5 isn't an official title...  you'll never get unreleased game betas from an active company either.

I know, that's why I'm trying to find someone who own one of the Magazine Versions, or even one of Capcom's copies.

And I know they  won't send me the game, but it worth the try.

"Genocide Cutter!"
#13  September 18, 2007, 09:12:43 pm
    • Peru
Even if they send you the discs it's a BETA. How much gametime do you expect having with it?

DMK

#14  September 18, 2007, 09:12:54 pm
    • USA
Why not try Wikipedia?

I heard they had a small article on it.

Or check the RE boards of Capcoms.

I'm sure alot more there could answer a question as to what the working name might of been my guess it probably would of been named 4.
#15  September 18, 2007, 09:17:32 pm
Even if they send you the discs it's a BETA. How much gametime do you expect having with it?

I know, but this thing is so amazing, even 5 minutes of gameplay is enough for me. I already know *most* of the gameplay in the disc, it goes since the start/mid of the castle and stop in the room after "Hook Man" encounter. Somewhat between 1 or 2 hours of gameplay MAX.

And I think Capcom doesn't like me that much, I've been searching for this game and when I post a topic on Capcom's Forum they say I shouldn't be doing that, you know, they don't like when you try to get the super secret BETA they made.

But I'll keep my search, there gotta be someone who own this game out there.

Why not try Wikipedia?

I heard they had a small article on it.

Or check the RE boards of Capcoms.

I'm sure alot more there could answer a question as to what the working name might of been my guess it probably would of been named 4.

I've hear once they named the game as REGaiden4, but that was in the very start of the project. It became RE4 short after, but when Capcom decided to start over, this game was named RE3.5, an unreleased BETA. There were two other versions, RE3.6 and 3.7, but those never seen the day light since Capcom never made a demo.

"Genocide Cutter!"
Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:20:43 pm by Archaic

DMK

#16  September 18, 2007, 09:26:49 pm
    • USA
You got a 1 in million chance of finding that disc.

I wouldn't spend to much into it even if it is RE releated.

You never know with Capcom may some day implement it into another game later down the road.

A DMC kinda thing. Which ironicly WAS supposed to be RE4.  :sugoi:

But going towards Gaiden the really crappy GB game wouldn't be they're angle.

I would see why seeing as it totaly messes up the canon of the series.   :S
#17  September 18, 2007, 09:33:35 pm
You got a 1 in million chance of finding that disc.

I wouldn't spend to much into it even if it is RE releated.

You never know with Capcom may some day implement it into another game later down the road.

A DMC kinda thing. Which ironicly WAS supposed to be RE4.  :sugoi:

But going towards Gaiden the really crappy GB game wouldn't be they're angle.

I would see why seeing as it totaly messes up the canon of the series.   :S

Please don't make me remember about the DMC thing >.<

The story was a little fucked up for a RE game, still it was awesome.

I guess I could wait 'till they release 3.5 as a part of a new game, but I don't think it's gonna happen. They don't like releasing BETA games, as you can see with Zelda 64, Nintendo has a Gold Mine in the hands, but they just don't want people to play it.

And when I asked one of Capcom Boards moderators (who was one of Capcom empoyees) he said they didn't have any plans on releasing it. So yeah, one chance in a million huh? Looks good for me.

"Genocide Cutter!"
#18  September 18, 2007, 09:36:58 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
The Old Re's sucked.

and why would you want a Beta Game? its not finish and probably doesn't have an ending.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#19  September 18, 2007, 09:41:03 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
About Gaiden: Gaiden's alright. It's hard, but with some save stating I beat it.

About RE 3.5 and RE 4: I liked them both, but as far as which is closer to the real feel for RE, RE 4 is better. I liked RE 4 for it's gameplay, not because it's RE4, and that you could eliminate all ties to the other games by:

1)Neglecting mention of Umbrella and their products
2)Neglecting mention of or alter Ada's relationship with Leon
3)Change Wesker's name (maybe refer to him by his first name?) and alter his motives a bit.
4)Leon's name could stay the same. I mean, Leon is a pretty common name, compared to Ada and Wesker.

About not getting the 3.5 beta: Can you blame them? I'm sure there are mugen creators out there that wouldn't give you their unfinished betas of characters.

About RE 1.5: Some of the stuff Capcom scrapped should have stayed with RE. Like the character specific bosses and William beating on another monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qAlyZXJm8Y
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#20  September 18, 2007, 09:46:29 pm
The Old Re's sucked.

and why would you want a Beta Game? its not finish and probably doesn't have an ending.

Let me guess, your first RE was 4 right? >.>

The old RE's suck for new gamers, if you never played RE2 on the PSX you don't know what I'm talking about, it's hard to find a RE OLD fan who doesn't like the old ones.

Anyway, I'm a huge Zelda and RE Series Fan, I've been searching for the Triforce since 1998, "found" it this year, still trying to get the freaking Zelda 64 Version, guess I'll have to get a job on Nintendo >.>

With RE, I became a hardcore player with 2, I made a 1:32 SR, my first (well, second if Super Mario Bros counts) SR.

I made a 1:17 SR on RE4 too, my best so far, and I was waiting for this game since 2003, RE3.5 was (still is, even only watching videos) my favorite game, when I saw the final result, I was disapointed.

I just want to play the Original, RE3.5, it can have only three rooms, only one enemy, whatever you want, I still want it. And one more thing, there isn't a end. You'll fight "Hook Man", beat him, enter the door, fade, you're back to the Start Screen.

"Genocide Cutter!"