YesNoOk

General Info (please read!) (Read 7885 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 27, 2011, 10:02:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: General Info (please read!)
#21  July 29, 2011, 07:26:20 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
That's why I think the Special button is better served for Supers. No one will have more than 3 or 4 supers, so there's no danger of running out of/conflicting commands, and you'll never accidentally throw out a super while trying to do a special or EX move.

So it would be like, for Ryu:

Hadouken - QCF+P
EX Hadouken - QCF+2P
Shinkuu Hadouken - QCF+S

He has three supers, so they'd work like this:

Shinkuu Hadouken - QCF+S
Shinkuu Tatsumaki - QCB+S
Shin Shoryuken - F,D,DF+S

No conflicting commands (though you might accidentally get a Shinkuu Hadouken when trying to do a Shin Shoryuken every once in a while, but it's not a big deal, you just have to be more precise with commands).

I misinterpreted your post, but in a sexy way that might just work. The way that I had it confused was that you do the motions for normal moves but if you use the Special button then it turns into an EX attack. So say...for CM Punk.

QCF + Any punch would give you your rekka.
QCF + The special button would give you an ex rekka.
QCF x2 + Any punch would give you your level 1 super.
QCF x2 + The special button would give you your level 3 super.

^ Tell me how you feel about that.

I was avoiding double motions because of the fast gameplay style (the MVC commands just work better for it). I had a poll in the first Capcom vs The World thread where people voted whether they wanted SF-style Super Commands (QCFx2+P) or MVC commands (QCF+2P), and the MVC commands won.

Download Last Bout now!
#22  July 29, 2011, 10:50:02 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Oh, dear. Look what I've started.  ;P

I only used EX moves as an example of what could be done with my features. I wasn't asking you to put them in, per se. If you don't want to put them in, you don't have to, but I suggest you don't, because it's just going to get confusing.
#23  July 29, 2011, 10:58:14 am
    • USA
LOL why I wrote SHADES instead of CvW? XD

If you're willing to add a special button dedicated to the supers I'm all for it!  :yugoi:
#24  July 29, 2011, 02:48:39 pm
    • UK
But I can't help but feel that the only reason that we're talking about the extra button is because I brought up EX Moves in my suggestions. And then everyone jumped on board with that idea, and now Sean Alty's going out of his way to change the control scheme to include them. In essence, this is kind of my fault.  :P

Don't bother with EX moves, Sean. Or that extra button. There's no reason to add them because of me. The control scheme's fine the way it is.
Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:54:07 pm by Steel Komodo
#25  July 29, 2011, 07:38:17 pm
You make it seem like EX moves aren't a great idea. EX moves are always good!
#26  July 29, 2011, 07:59:33 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
But I can't help but feel that the only reason that we're talking about the extra button is because I brought up EX Moves in my suggestions. And then everyone jumped on board with that idea, and now Sean Alty's going out of his way to change the control scheme to include them. In essence, this is kind of my fault.  :P

Don't bother with EX moves, Sean. Or that extra button. There's no reason to add them because of me. The control scheme's fine the way it is.

Yes, you brought up EX Moves, but I always liked EX Moves and it just made me realize that I want them in the game. Besides, that's what these threads are for, discussion and ideas/suggestions. Don't feel bad because I liked your idea and want to incorporate it. I appreciate the help!

Download Last Bout now!
#27  July 29, 2011, 08:53:20 pm
    • UK
You make it seem like EX moves aren't a great idea. EX moves are always good!

Yes, you brought up EX Moves, but I always liked EX Moves and it just made me realize that I want them in the game. Besides, that's what these threads are for, discussion and ideas/suggestions. Don't feel bad because I liked your idea and want to incorporate it. I appreciate the help!

Aw, thanks, guys. Makes me feel so much better. And I suppose EX Moves would spice things up a little, so let's keep them.

But anyway, with supers on a new button, that should leave the attack buttons free for some new ideas. Like maybe a KOF-style dodge ability on LP+LK, or combo breakers on HP+HK. I don't know, really - your call, guys.