YesNoOk

The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE! (Read 1047090 times)

Started by GOH, August 04, 2011, 04:36:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Resident Evil Megathread (RE6 TRAILER)
#281  March 21, 2012, 12:53:16 am
#282  March 21, 2012, 01:09:49 am
The point is that "the site can't be trusted if it has people who rate God Hand like that and people who rate Party Babyz like that", it doesn't matter if they're different people, it's the whole review site. You can't know if, for example, RE:ORC getting a low score is like the God Hand review or if it getting a high score is like the Party Babyz review, you can't trust its reviews.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#283  March 21, 2012, 01:23:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
what the fuck are you arguing about ? party babyz is at least twice as good as god hand.

DMK

#284  March 21, 2012, 03:05:03 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Wait, sticking Mechanic? I haven't stuck to anything yet! Unless their talking about when you go into cover?

Yeah they mean cover, but I've had times where trying to walk towards a door and my characters hips gravitate towards the wall and sometimes trying to push the button to get into it manually takes to long.

Overall I think a 70 fits the game perfectly as without the Resident Evil name I'd still likely enjoy this game and believe it or not connection so far between players is really good and rarely noticed any lag.
#285  March 21, 2012, 07:56:39 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
RE: 'Survival horror' market too small for Resident Evil, says Capcom producer
#286  March 23, 2012, 10:20:32 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Some long-time Resident Evil fans might long for the "good old days" of the franchise, when early games in the series were deliberately-paced, nerve-wracking explorations into a "world of survival horror." Today, the series' emphasis is on action that rarely lets up.

But while there are those who'd love to see a return to classic Resident Evil gameplay, the market for that style -- "survival horror" -- just isn't viable enough to warrant the biggest investments, Capcom's Resident Evil: Revelations producer Masachika Kawata told Gamasutra in an interview.

"Especially for the North American market, I think the series needs to head in that [action-oriented] direction," Kawata said. "[Resident Evil's primary games] need to be an extension of the changes made in Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5.

"RE4 started in that direction, and RE5 kept going in that direction," he said. "And I think that especially for the North American market, we need to keep going in that direction, and take that a step further. And that's exactly one of the reasons that Revelations is the way it is," he said.

While Revelations -- released on Nintendo 3DS earlier this year -- does have more of a tilt towards the action-oriented gameplay seen in Resident Evil 4 and 5, it manages to mix in the slower, creepy pace of earlier installments for a nice hybrid of gameplay styles.

But if the rising action trend of Resident Evil 4 and 5 continues, don't expect this year's big budget console (and eventually PC) game Resident Evil 6 to follow suit.

Acknowledging that he does not work on the upcoming numbered sequel, Kawata compares survival horror game sales to the best-selling video game franchise Call of Duty, a military FPS whose last installment sold 6.5 million units in its first day.

"Looking at the marketing data [for survival horror games] ... the market is small, compared to the number of units Call of Duty and all those action games sell," he said. "A 'survival horror' Resident Evil doesn't seem like it'd be able to sell those kind of numbers."

But, Kawata said, "I can't really speak for Resident Evil 6, but I don't think that it necessarily has to go all the way in that [action-heavy] direction, the Call of Duty direction. It doesn't have to be a straight up shooter. But my impression is that Resident Evil 4 and 5 aren't shooters, per se."

There are still opportunities though, for Capcom to explore the purer "survival horror" gameplay outside of the series proper, Kawata added. "So we have our numbered series, and we can say we have a more adventure-oriented version, like a Revelations-style game. And we also have Operation: Raccoon City, which is a third-person shooter.

"So I think that by extending the market in this sense, we can still have the numbered titles keep their identity about what Resident Evil is supposed to be, but still expand and hit other markets as well."

Despite the determinations brought about by Capcom's market data, Kawata said, "If you're going to be selling a game based on its good gameplay, then you don't have to worry about the market in which it will be sold." Instead, he said, it's the marketing surrounding a game that has to be tailored for different audiences, in order to appeal to players of specific territories.

"If we're going to make games that sell based on quality content, they should be able to appeal around the world," said Kawata. "That might be obvious, but that's why Grand Theft Auto IV, Skyrim and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare also sell in Japan, because their gameplay is interesting."

source http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/167135/Survival_horror_market_too_small_for_Resident_Evil_says_Capcom_producer.php

also

Capcom Tracking Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Bugs, Slant Six Wants To Fix Them

I don’t know if the brain dead partner AI is considered a "bug," but Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has other issues. Capcom is keeping track of the bugs in this thread so if you bought the zombie shooter and have an issue with it head over to this forum thread.

"We know the flaws in the game, and we’d like to fix them," developer Slant Six Games tweeted. A patch for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has not been announced and Slant Six says that decision is up to Capcom.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/22/capcom-tracking-resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-bugs-slant-six-wants-to-fix-them/
Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:47:46 pm by GBK667
#287  April 03, 2012, 04:09:11 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
- Ada makes an appearance, though not in Tall Oaks.

- Leon's scenario is similar to Revelations in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. Item boxes return.

- Chris' scenario is like RE5 and is the longest of the three. Features locations such as Lanshiang (China, fictional city), Serbia and New York City.

- Jill Valentine is now Jill Redfield. Chris married her shortly after the events of RE5. She's no longer a field agent, but is still at the BSAA as a bioweapons advisor in the New York City HQ.

- Helena Harper hides something relevant to past Resident Evil events.

#288  April 03, 2012, 04:11:39 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Huh. How about that. I kinda figured Chris and Jill would get together at one point.

Speaking of which, I'm playing the REmake right now.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)

DMK

#289  April 03, 2012, 04:12:49 am
    • USA
W.H.A.T.
#290  April 03, 2012, 04:20:08 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
- Jill Valentine is now Jill Redfield. Chris married her shortly after the events of RE5. She's no longer a field agent, but is still at the BSAA as a bioweapons advisor in the New York City HQ.
Carlos is off crying in a corner, no doubt.
#291  April 03, 2012, 04:22:28 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
The foxy accent didn't drive Jill crazy enough.

Speaking of Carlos whatever happened to Billy?
#292  April 03, 2012, 04:26:49 am
    • USA
Speaking of Carlos whatever happened to Billy?
Logic would say he died in Arklay Forest, given that he and Rebecca probably used up all their cool weapons against the Leech Queen, and that it was full of dangerous monsters.

but since this is RE he's probably just in hiding, it's not like his charges are going to go away
#293  April 03, 2012, 04:29:20 am
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
#294  April 03, 2012, 04:37:06 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
At least Barry had Gaiden. :D

I miss those le emoticons already.
#295  April 03, 2012, 04:48:41 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
so turns out it that was fake ignore it.
#296  April 03, 2012, 04:52:19 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Wut.

Son of a hippo's left nut. Now I feel dumb.

DMK

#297  April 03, 2012, 05:12:35 am
    • USA
oh well okay. Back to code yellow then lol.

GOH

#298  April 03, 2012, 11:13:45 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Gaiden moar liek Gayden amirite.
#299  April 03, 2012, 10:17:18 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Can anyone who has played ORC answer a quick question for me? I watched a video of a boss fight against two T-103's (Mr. X). In the video they kept doing a move where they would jump up into the air and then land with a punch to the ground. I can't tell from the video if it's just a physical attack or if he's creating a "ground pound" type of effect when he lands that hurts you if you're near it. I'd just like to know since I wanted to add the move to my Mr. X character. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Download Last Bout now!
#300  April 03, 2012, 10:22:06 pm
    • USA