YesNoOk

The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE! (Read 1102325 times)

Started by GOH, August 04, 2011, 04:36:53 pm
Share this topic:

GOH

Resident Evil 6 has four-player co-op... sometimes
#441  June 11, 2012, 12:34:50 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/74261/resident-evil-6-has-four-player-co-op-sometimes

Resident Evil 6 features three different co-op campaigns, each starring a different main character: Leon, Chris, and Jake. At a behind closed doors presentation at E3, Capcom revealed that these three stories intersect at certain points, allowing gamers to experience four-player co-op in the zombie-infested sequel.

The demo showed Leon and Helena meeting up with Jake and Shelley. After a tense encounter, they were ambushed by a hulking zombie called the Ustanak, which Hirabayashi noted was not related to the Nemesis strain of zombies. The four players then had to team up to contain the Ustanak.

Intersecting co-op will largely see two friends team up with two strangers that also happen to be playing online at the same time. The intersecting co-op storylines will also affect those in single-player. Anyone playing offline right before two stories join together will be prompted to connect online to potentially play with another person.

However, can four friends play at the same time? Hirabayashi explained that the friends would essentially have to reach that point of the story at the same time, meaning you'll have to coordinate your zombie-hunting schedules if you want to stumble upon each other's online games.

DMK

Re: The Resident Evil Megathread (RE6 TRAILER)
#442  June 11, 2012, 12:46:54 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Thats just silly, why not have them all start off in a lobby and play like that or setup a "squad" ala ORC?
#443  June 12, 2012, 05:29:14 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
yes.. that sounds really hard to me.... it could be done online but it's just not the same... i'd guess....
#444  June 15, 2012, 01:25:40 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
i always use english voice and localization because i absolutely hate spanish from spain. the only instance in which i tolerated it was resident evil 4 because i was shooting them anyway
Y PARRRRESCIAN RRRUSSSOSSS

Nothing similar to Spain's accent, it was more like...Russians speaking Spanish. Also, there's a BIG variety of accents in Spain.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#445  June 20, 2012, 05:09:39 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

Objective Marker sucks hope it can be turned off.
#446  June 25, 2012, 04:00:32 pm
    • USA
Resident Evil 6 Collector's Edition announced for Europe
http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2012/06/resident-evil-6-collectors-edition-announced-for-europe/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-25-resident-evil-6-collectors-edition-announced-for-europe
Resident Evil 6 game.
• Zombie Steel Book.
• Exclusive Resident Evil 6 hardback artbook showing concept art from the game.
• Resident Evil 6 Avatar DLC code for 360 owners OR an RE6 Dynamic Theme for PS3 owners.
• Ivy University, Tall Oaks hooded sweatshirt (one size) .
• 'The RE6 forces emblems' - High quality enamelled zinc alloy emblems of the three main protagonists squad insignias, mounted and set in a limited numbered frame authenticated with signatures from Senior producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and RE6
• Director Eiichiro Sasaki. A must have piece for any fan of Resident Evil! .
• All of the above amazing goodies are bundled together in the lenticular 'Needle Bomb' collectors box (as seen in the RE6 announce trailer).

In the UK the Collector's Edition will be sold exclusively by retailers that are yet to be announced.

Alternatively, there's a limited edition Steel Book version of Resident Evil 6, which will be available from all shops at around the same price as the standard version. Images of both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version of this are below.
Spoiler: Bigger version of boxart (click to see content)

Got to buy the LE/CE/SE for the good box art.

I was sort of right.
Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:43:18 pm by Girard

DMK

#447  June 25, 2012, 04:33:51 pm
    • USA
I threw my wallet at the screen and broke my monitor....JUST GET IN THERE DAMMIT. ALL OF MY MONEY JUST TAKE IT MAN.
#448  June 25, 2012, 09:01:32 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
they should add leon's jacket.. :P hahahahahha
#449  June 25, 2012, 11:25:52 pm
    • USA
...WHAT? So... no day 1 DLC bonus for the CE? Wow weird.
#450  June 27, 2012, 02:50:56 am
  • You PC bro?

DMK

#451  June 27, 2012, 04:33:27 am
    • USA
If the packaging is like how Capcom use to do their older compilation games I may pick it up just to have in my collection.
#452  July 01, 2012, 08:17:10 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:43:25 pm by Girard

DMK

#453  July 04, 2012, 02:35:17 am
    • USA
I like it so far, but I really, really, REALLY, hate the way the camera is and how it zooms it. I know its due to the mechanic of moving and shooting, but the way the guns zoomed in 4 and 5 were perfect, why is it so damn close in 6? Is Revelations similar?
#454  July 04, 2012, 08:42:30 am
    • USA
Don't think it was.
this stuff has probably been seen before but i don't think we've seen anything showing you can pick between Leon, Helena, Jake,Sherry, or Chris, Chris 2 when picking their stories.

DMK

#455  July 04, 2012, 09:29:29 am
    • USA
The hud and inventory screen are honestly clunky as fuck when compared to 4 and 5's, I love alot about it so far though and I guess it maybe good that items can be picked up by each person? I think it maybe just the demo though.
#456  July 08, 2012, 12:42:49 am
  • You PC bro?
#457  July 08, 2012, 06:31:59 am
    • USA
Stuff from the looking into the demo.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:37:59 am by Girard
#458  July 09, 2012, 05:49:29 pm
    • USA
Resident Evil 6 to contain over 255 minutes of cutscenes
Electronic Theatre ImageThe British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has today confirmed their official classification for the forthcoming Resident Evil 6, in the process also revealing that the videogame is set to feature more than four hours of cutscenes. Resident Evil 6 is currently in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, and will launch worldwide this autumn.

Resident Evil 6 will unsurprisingly sport a BBFC certificate of 18 when it launches, restricting sale of the product to persons under that age. What is more surprising however, is that the videogame will feature more than four hours of full-motion video footage, with a total running time of 04:15:00 according to the BBFC. Resident Evil 6 is designed in a way in which the cutscenes bleed dynamically into the gameplay, which you can see for yourself in some recently revealed gameplay trailers.

Electronic Theatre recently got hands-on with Resident Evil 6, stating; “Resident Evil 6 deserves to be considered one of the potential innovators of 2012.” Electronic Theatre will of course keep you updated with all the latest details on the forthcoming videogame.

Melee attacks from the demo.
Spoiler: Chris and Mini Chris (click to see content)
Spoiler: Jake and Sherry (click to see content)
Spoiler: Leon and Helena (click to see content)
#459  July 09, 2012, 05:53:13 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I like it so far, but I really, really, REALLY, hate the way the camera is and how it zooms it. I know its due to the mechanic of moving and shooting, but the way the guns zoomed in 4 and 5 were perfect, why is it so damn close in 6? Is Revelations similar?
I thought revelations had first person aiming.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#460  July 09, 2012, 09:00:40 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:11:00 pm by Girard