YesNoOk

The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE! (Read 665986 times)

Started by GOH, August 04, 2011, 04:36:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Resident Evil Megathread (RE6 TRAILER)
#601  November 26, 2012, 12:04:06 am
i have no depth perception so i don't care about the 3d aspect, and i'd rather play it on a bigger screen. it's not a franchise that screams portable for me.
#602  November 26, 2012, 03:54:04 pm
  • SNK is life
So, I finally got to play this - Leon Campaign, Split screen local co-op, Professional Difficulty,

I see what Capcom tried to do. They tried to add all elements everybody wanted from previous RE games in a blender - Urban setting (RE2) bunkered up (Outbreak) scary, actually difficult Zombies (RE1) Kawaii Leon, and weird mutant zombies (RE4) Chris military action (RE5) ...

It looks great, it's cinematic through quick time events, it's action packed (even the fucking trees explode! It's like a Bruce Willis 90's movie!) ... and it still feel lifeless, and unappealing. Is something wrong with the game, or is there something wrong with me? We'll find out one day.

I'll rent it for an intense weekend till I finish it, but I don't think I'll be buying this.
#603  November 30, 2012, 09:46:53 am
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
So, I finally got to play this - Leon Campaign, Split screen local co-op, Professional Difficulty,

I see what Capcom tried to do. They tried to add all elements everybody wanted from previous RE games in a blender - Urban setting (RE2) bunkered up (Outbreak) scary, actually difficult Zombies (RE1) Kawaii Leon, and weird mutant zombies (RE4) Chris military action (RE5) ...

It looks great, it's cinematic through quick time events, it's action packed (even the fucking trees explode! It's like a Bruce Willis 90's movie!) ... and it still feel lifeless, and unappealing. Is something wrong with the game, or is there something wrong with me? We'll find out one day.

I'll rent it for an intense weekend till I finish it, but I don't think I'll be buying this.

Nothing is wrong with you. It's a shit game overall. Only played the Jake campaign though, single player, amateur level.

Nothing seems fresh/new.
Combat feels restrictive/clonky
Enemies are boring/predictable, and annoying, and appear out of no where, it's like they just spawn
Cutscene incompetence.
QTE/ATE is annoying/not fun

We did not explore the skill system. We just plowed through the game on amateur settings and normal ammo.

The game seems interesting when watching it from a movie perspective (i.e. not you playing). But when you play it really seems dull. For the story it didn't seem too bad.

NOTES
Not a RE fan
Didn't want to play the game
Was forced to play as friend brought it over, he was a massive RE5 fan
Never played previous RE games, only watched here and there
Didn't try co-op (I hate split screen shit. That's so 1995)
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#604  November 30, 2012, 01:00:04 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
#605  November 30, 2012, 03:50:59 pm
  • SNK is life
The game seems interesting when watching it from a movie perspective (i.e. not you playing).
But when you play it really seems dull.
Thank you, this is what I feel exactly.

It's like, they tried to do a throwback on difficulty to the earlier REs (Pre RE4), but in order to achieve that, they needed to also bring back clunky controls, and that shit doesn't fly in RE since RE4 and RE5 are so action oriented. It feels like a step back in the wrong direction.

#606  November 30, 2012, 05:36:45 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

DMK

#607  December 01, 2012, 02:17:36 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
DAT HUNK NECK BREAKER!

GOAT DOOM mod.
#608  December 24, 2012, 09:37:49 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#609  December 24, 2012, 09:41:54 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
because that will definitely make people play the game more

DMK

#610  December 25, 2012, 01:25:01 am
    • USA
When I heard retro before, I thought they meant just throwback costumes to their past RE incarnations, not freaking lowpoly models. Plus, why the fuck can't costumes be used in campaign mode, STILL!
#611  December 25, 2012, 01:43:27 am
  • For honor!
Using this costume with Jake would make me feel like I'm playing Virtua Fighter 1...With Zombies.

So that's awesome I guess.
Iroha stripped for me
#612  December 26, 2012, 04:31:50 pm
  • SNK is life
Baby Jesus is sad about this announcement.

So much fail ...
#613  December 27, 2012, 04:20:53 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#614  December 27, 2012, 11:34:07 pm
  • Plain as white bread.
    • USA
    • Adv3nturePrime@yahoo.com
So, am I the only one who actually kinda wants this game now, mainly because of the retro models? Do people still play this game online?

DMK

#615  December 28, 2012, 12:37:38 am
    • USA
Well since you are on 360 it is pretty lively, especially the exclusive versus modes, so going for these on it would be worth it. Depending on the difficulty Agent Hunt can take a while to find a game without infinite ammo assholes. Campaign no matter the difficulty is good for me, whether its intersecting or partner joining.

the models for Chris and Leon look worse than they did on the PS1... why didn't they just use the originals? What's the point of it being retro if it's not actually retro???

CUZ......cuz...CAPCUM IS TEH EVUL AND HATE US FANS! THE MEGAMAN GUYS WARNED US! THE END IS NIGH!......

like i said, i wish it was just retro inspired costumes brought up to the current looking models. if it cost money i'd maybe kick a can or two.

AND REVELATIONS IS AWSOME! JESUS ITS SO GOOD FOR A HANDHELD RE! I FREAKING LOVE IT! I just wish Deadly Silences's coop mode thing worked via wifi.  :(
#616  January 12, 2013, 03:36:42 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

DMK

#617  January 12, 2013, 06:03:06 am
    • USA
Well fuck finishing it on the 3DS.
#618  January 14, 2013, 03:46:10 pm
  • SNK is life
After the seriously satisfying experience MGS: Peace Walker was, I'm a believer of the handheld HD Ports, so I'm definitely going to be getting this one!
#619  January 16, 2013, 04:27:16 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Anyone doing the re.net thing? I signed up because you can unlock costumes through it, even though all they have right now is different colors of the first alternate(like Pirate Leon in a blue coat instead of red). If you wanna add me on there to get badges and points my name is TomCaddie. I'm guessing there isn't a lot of you that are doing it though.
After the seriously satisfying experience MGS: Peace Walker was, I'm a believer of the handheld HD Ports, so I'm definitely going to be getting this one!
Do you have the XBox or PS3 version? If you have the XBox version do you know if there's a way to fix the random temporary lockups?
#620  January 16, 2013, 04:42:55 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

I've been trying to clear the first level of Operation Raccoon City for about 2 days now and seem to fail every time I get to that part where the Birkin monster starts smashing you on the ground with a lead pipe.

This game fails in so many places, beginning with the lousy controller response. I am on a PC using a XB360 remote.

I seriously hope Revelations gets to PC.

BTW, who played 6 already and what's it like to you?

Also, that DOOM mod is SICK!!! Gonna get it asap. Thanks K.O.D.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja