YesNoOk

The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE! (Read 1139084 times)

Started by GOH, August 04, 2011, 04:36:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE!
#681  August 16, 2013, 02:50:59 am
  • For honor!
By the way, survival horror is not "I have only 2 bullets left and I have no way out other than this street full of zombies, I'm fucked".
I never got how people run out of ammo in Resident Evil. I've played thought the classic Resident Evils a good bit and I've never found myself worried about ammo. Granted the ammo is more limited but if you don't use it idiotically then you should generally have enough to kill everything that moves.
Iroha stripped for me
#682  August 16, 2013, 02:58:37 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I ran out of ammo once. It was the first time I played a Resident Evil game. I was also 12.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Something like Revelations would be great. As long as they don't put in things from Tomb Raider and/or The Last of Us that wouldn't fit in with RE as a series, I wouldn't be worried. And since there's no information about the next game besides, panicking is a bit premature.

I'm with Byakko still. I still don't see how a BAD game trying to emulate 2 GOOD games = a BAD thing.
Well, I mean, if they were trying to emulate Yoshi's Island or something, I don't think that'd be a good fit!
#683  August 16, 2013, 03:03:32 am
  • For honor!
Also Jmorph, the knife was broken as hell in Code Veronica.
Iroha stripped for me
#684  August 16, 2013, 03:03:39 am
I never got how people run out of ammo in Resident Evil.
Yeah, I don't think it's much of a problem, and when it happens, it's probably because you've been shooting everywhere for no reason, and it increases your tension and the feel of survival. It's not overdone, and when it hits you, it's because you deserve it. I was more talking about this theme that pops up in discussions about the "new Resident Evil", about current gen games that give you infinite ammos or close to that, to me it's not a problem because not having it is not a critical point, it just pushes you to be careful just a tiny bit.

Yeah, Revelations was a really good midway point, keeping the old atmosphere with the new freedom of actions. On the ammos, it was tight so you had to watch it, but if you could do that it wasn't much of a problem.
What, did they emulate the success of Call of Duty or whatever, where you can just run up to a guy and slice his throat even though he's trying to empty entire clips of bullets into your head ?? That's too much riding on the success of other games ! :woeh:
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:08:18 am by DKDC
#685  August 16, 2013, 03:08:26 am
    • USA
You think 12-year-old Jmorphman knew that?

I liked the way knife worked in C:V, it was actually useful, and wasn't super overpowered.
#686  August 16, 2013, 03:15:34 am
  • For honor!
What, did they emulate the success of Call of Duty or whatever, where you can just run up to a guy and slice his throat even though he's trying to empty entire clips of bullets into your head ?? That's too much riding on the success of other games ! :woeh:
And it multi hits just like Ken's Shoryuken! It's emulating fighting games too! Resident Evil get your own identity for craps sake!

You think 12-year-old Jmorphman knew that?

I liked the way knife worked in C:V, it was actually useful, and wasn't super overpowered.
I figured that out and I was used to the knife being godawful in the previous 2 resident evils. However I might have been 14 or something so there's that?

I would say that it was super overpowered.  You know something's wrong when I don't even bother to find the Magnum with Wesker in Battle Mode to save time even though the last boss instant kills with her grabs.

Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:21:51 am by WARPra-San
#687  August 16, 2013, 03:25:21 am
    • USA
Yeah, I guess it was a bit too powerful. When I first played the Tofu Survivor I was like "oh I got this I beat Wesker's Battle Game after all". WHOOPS.
#688  August 16, 2013, 03:27:25 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me

DMK

#689  August 16, 2013, 05:02:41 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Then RE5 happened and knifes were nerfed into oblivion. 6 and there are exceptions in Revelations that kinda changed it back a bit.
#690  August 16, 2013, 05:54:37 am
  • For honor!
Knives were never as bad as they were in Resident Evil 2 and 3. It took around 20 something to 30 stabs to kill a single zombie. That somehow didn't stop me from vanquishing Nemesis on the first encounter of Resident Evil 3 with a knife during a particularly boring day of my teenage years though.
Iroha stripped for me
#691  August 16, 2013, 07:01:24 am
  • Fuck You.
you forgot remake where the purpose of the game to that point was literally to find the first item box to put that piece of shit in forever
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/

DMK

#692  August 16, 2013, 08:45:54 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Knives were never as bad as they were in Resident Evil 2 and 3. It took around 20 something to 30 stabs to kill a single zombie. That somehow didn't stop me from vanquishing Nemesis on the first encounter of Resident Evil 3 with a knife during a particularly boring day of my teenage years though.

I'd stretch it out to at least say knifes in 5 toke away any fun they were in 4 and how when you actually slashed someone, be it mook or boss it felt like I did something. Should have been a damn crime.
#693  August 05, 2014, 12:16:57 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:27:38 pm by San2
#694  August 05, 2014, 12:40:43 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
YES!

Its almost like they are finally listening to us fans. Finally the best Resident Evil version gets ported to other platforms.

ps: Sure its coming for PC too?
Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:47:07 pm by Bad News GBK

GOH

#695  August 05, 2014, 01:26:49 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#696  August 05, 2014, 01:59:01 pm
    • USA
Please have an over the shoulder camera please have an over the shoulder camera please have an over the shoulder camera.

I'm not going back to awful tank controls with horrible camera angles >:(

Who am I kidding? That's not going to happen :P
Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:04:33 pm by -Red-
#697  August 05, 2014, 02:07:18 pm
Depends if it's just an HD remake that simply makes every graphics HD (that's if they're lazy and take the easy way out to chug out a "remake"), or if it's actually a full remake, where they could add new control schemes and stuff. I don't really know how they could pull tank controls again aside from going straight for the retro/nostalgia look and that alone.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#698  August 05, 2014, 02:55:31 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Please have an over the shoulder camera please have an over the shoulder camera please have an over the shoulder camera.

I'm not going back to awful tank controls with horrible camera angles >:(

Who am I kidding? That's not going to happen :P
Go back to your Gears of Evil.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#699  August 05, 2014, 03:48:27 pm
    • USA
Are you calling Revelations a GoW clone? >:(
#700  August 05, 2014, 04:25:54 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I never got the chance to play REmake so this is gonna be good. Super hype.