YesNoOk

The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE! (Read 662428 times)

Started by GOH, August 04, 2011, 04:36:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Resident Evil Megathread! JILL SANDWICHES INSIDE!
#761  September 01, 2014, 11:51:17 pm
    • USA
You niggas talkin' bout the past when we have a new concept teaser video for Revelations 2... whatever a concept teaser is!

#762  September 01, 2014, 11:56:28 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Ooooooh
#763  September 03, 2014, 12:54:29 pm
    • USA
#764  September 04, 2014, 03:08:57 pm
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/03/resident-evil-2-revelations-takes-place-much-larger-stage-first-game/
Apparently the bracelet going from green to red will be an actual gameplay element, and they say the teaser was already a spoiler. So if this bracelet thing is important to the story, we can guess that we'll get a focus on the actual spreading of the currently trending virus (rather than landing in some zone and realize that it's already gone to shits). So we'll get a pretty close look at the successions of events as they happen. More than a zombie-shooting arcade, and more like a thriller-turning-horror movie.
The girl is a spoiler too, apparently.
Oh, they quote the director saying he wants the island (where the game happen) to be called "Resident Evil island". But since it must have been in Japanese in the Famitsu interview, that's really "the bio hazard island". Quite a warning of things to come.
That prison facility image looks cool.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#765  September 07, 2014, 02:44:50 am
Details on RE Revolations 2

GamesMaster Magazine via Gematsu said:
Claire Redfield, who has “grown to be a seasoned woman” since we last saw her, will return as the playable lead. She is joined by Moira Burton, the daughter of Barry Burton. The main campaign can be played in both single-player or co-op.

Claire has a more combat-focused style of gameplay, whereas Moira has more of a support role, providing Claire with herbs and light. Her key role is to keep Claire alive (Claire can heal herself, as well). That said, the game only results in a “Game Over” when Claire dies.

The game is set at a detention facility on an abandoned island. It begins when Claire and Moira wake up after being abducted. The events themselves take place sometime between Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6. Like the first Resident Evil: Revelations, gameplay is much more survival horror-oriented, and less action-based.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will run in 1080p at 60 frames per second on current-gen and PC, according to the magazine.
Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:49:30 am by Niitris
#766  September 07, 2014, 03:11:59 am
    • USA
I'm glad they are taking the more survival horror route. It's about fucking time Capcom! Don't mess it up now, this literally your last straw before the company loses lots of money.

Looks like Capcom is trying to compete with Shinji Mikami. The Evil Within has really created a movement, even now Silent Hill by Kojima is in the works! This is all really exciting.

Back on topic, looks like Claire Redfield is once again taking care of a younger adolescent female. Hehehe. Reminds me of Sherry.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#767  September 07, 2014, 03:13:34 am
    • USA
CLAIRE IS BACK

CLAIRE IS BACK

CLAIRE IS BACK AND BARRY'S DAUGHTER IS ALSO STARRING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M FREAKING OUT :flipout:
#768  September 07, 2014, 03:19:19 am
    • USA
Like the first Resident Evil: Revelations, gameplay is much more survival horror-oriented, and less action-based.

That's all we need to hear, that's all RE needs, and that's all RE is about!

CLAIRE IS BACK

CLAIRE IS BACK

CLAIRE IS BACK AND BARRY'S DAUGHTER IS ALSO STARRING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M FREAKING OUT :flipout:

It's been so long since Claire was the main character... I mean, she hasnt been around since Code Veronica!! One last thing I'm hoping for though is that they somehow managed to convince her original RE2, RE:CV voice actor to voice the new Claire.
#769  September 07, 2014, 03:24:51 am
    • USA
She's voiced Claire in everything so far, and most recently voiced Claire in Darkside Chronicles and the 3DS Mercenaries game. If I recall correctly, she also recorded lines for some canceled RE6 DLC (and indeed, the news that she recorded something as Claire for RE6 was the only indication that said DLC existed).
#770  September 07, 2014, 03:25:58 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
omg yes, finally claire is back. The Beginning of goodness I hope
#771  September 07, 2014, 03:37:07 am
I keep forgetting that thanks to today's technology I can play one of these games at this very moment. :P

Could've swore Claire made more appearances but again, not as if I would know.
#772  September 07, 2014, 05:13:40 am
    • USA
The main campaign supports online coop? Very cool! Easier to convince a friend to buy the game now.

I like the main character choices, I always liked Claire but never played a RE game with her (Well, not like I played many RE games anyway...). She's my favorite RE character along with potato nose Jill.
#773  September 07, 2014, 06:43:31 am
    • USA
Gotta be honest, seeing that REvelations 2 is gonna have campaign co-op gave me pause; I was a fan of RE5's co-op campaign, but I'm worried that it's becoming the norm for the franchise, and I think that's not good. Multiplayer is just inherently damaging to the kind of experience RE tries to provide; it's really hard to build horror (or more correctly, tension, which is actually RE's bailiwick and was never really horror IMO), atmosphere, and make you fearful of your own survival if there's always a buddy around, ready to revive you and back you up. I would argue RE5 was able to mitigate this a lot but overall it was not totally successful, and while I really enjoyed RE5, I think it would be bad for the series if every game did that.

I really like how REvelations 1 handled it, with the single-player only campaign and the co-op friendly Raid mode. Especially since Raid mode drew all of its levels from the campaign, and was kinda basically a version of the campaign, but streamlined for multiplayer (ooh, that's another thing, playing with another person makes it pretty hard to take it slow and let the game draw you into its world, you always rush yourself, even subconsciously, because there's another player waiting, unless you play with AI or whatever, but c'mon, who wants to do that?). You got the best of both worlds with that!
#774  September 07, 2014, 06:56:44 am
  • For honor!
The co-op should be like outbreak where there's no voice chat so you can be a dick when you die. While you're a zombie, just stand still and surprise another player approaching you.
Iroha stripped for me
#775  September 07, 2014, 07:05:37 am
    • USA
wait so is Revelations 2 gonna be about zombies again?

from the looks of the dudes the concept trailer I see zombies. no plagas please
#776  September 07, 2014, 07:09:24 am
    • USA
They're called "Afflicted", and they're described as looking like zombies "but are in fact something quite different"; they'll be both fast and able to do heavy damage, and the player will have to decide whether they should take them head on, sneak up on them for a stealth attack, or run away from them altogether.

RE PLOT BULLSHIT
since this takes place after RE5 (and RE4 I guess), Plagas are out there in the world, and could always show up. Of course, the same was true of REvelations, I supposes (depends on when Tricell weaponized the Plagas, I guess), and that didn't happen. I very much doubt they would show up, but you never know!

also scans

all the shots of Moira (well, all two of them) have her only holding a flashlight. I know she was mentioned to be a support role, I figured she would have able to do kind combat. This might not be the case?
EDIT: oh wait the caption says as much, lol

GLB

#777  September 07, 2014, 07:15:30 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
That said, the game only results in a “Game Over” when Claire dies.

Does this mean you'll be able to carry on if Moira dies? That's kind of cool, especially if Moira won't be doing much combat.
#778  September 07, 2014, 03:27:03 pm
    • USA
Gotta be honest, seeing that REvelations 2 is gonna have campaign co-op gave me pause; I was a fan of RE5's co-op campaign, but I'm worried that it's becoming the norm for the franchise, and I think that's not good.

Very much agree. I personally don't like co-op in RE either.
#779  September 07, 2014, 05:13:32 pm
Getting 'Last of Us' vibes from those scans.
#780  September 07, 2014, 05:15:03 pm
    • USA
That said, the game only results in a “Game Over” when Claire dies.

Does this mean you'll be able to carry on if Moira dies? That's kind of cool, especially if Moira won't be doing much combat.

Maybe Moira will be put into a fatal state (Not heavily damaged but just "dead" but not really dead, you know) and you have to carry her to the next checkpoint for her to recover.