YesNoOk

Thoughts on Infinity Mugen Team's releases (Read 17339 times)

Started by Saikoro, October 12, 2011, 02:12:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Thoughts on Infinity Mugen Team's releases
#81  October 17, 2011, 07:18:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and you won't see the imt admins dropping the be nice to people rule because tney want to act like assholes themselves.
#82  October 17, 2011, 07:21:11 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
:|
#83  October 17, 2011, 07:30:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
and you won't see the imt admins dropping the be nice to people rule because tney want to act like assholes themselves.

if you have a problem, make a feedback thread, your constant attempts of pseudo trolling where no one knows when to take you seriously or not are not helping any.

Hope that was nice enough for you, cheers.

@Acey, You know your work has respect from part of the mod team, and is spotlighted as conveniently as possible, while we dont believe in controlling everything the users do or say that doesnt mean anyone in this staff team has anything against your website. I think you know this, and the posts done on this thread also show it.
#84  October 17, 2011, 07:37:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's your forum, you do what you want.
 ;)
#85  October 17, 2011, 08:47:19 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
> Implying his stuff is well-made
lol rednavi beat me to it
:disappointed:

rather we allow specific, constructive feedback.
I know a lot of cases of people who joined IMT forum to make constructive feedback in good manner, and apart of don't be listened, you banned them. I can help with feedback for your characters, but I don't wanted to be banned, you know...
God, why I'm bother saying this, probably Acey won't post anymore here...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#86  October 17, 2011, 09:15:34 pm
  • Green Knight LVL 94

I know a lot of cases of people who joined IMT forum to make constructive feedback in good manner, and apart of don't be listened, you banned them. I can help with feedback for your characters, but I don't wanted to be banned, you know...
God, why I'm bother saying this, probably Acey won't post anymore here...

They get banned because their usually take a jerk way of going about it (berating negative opinion, then actual feedback, then end with berating opinion again). Then, when issues aren't either deal with immediately or flat out ignored because of a lack of manners, they start throwing a tantrum around the forum. Don't act like and asshole and you won't get banned, that's all their really is to it.

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko
#87  October 17, 2011, 09:39:34 pm
    • www.InfinityMugenTeam.com
@Acey, You know your work has respect from part of the mod team, and is spotlighted as conveniently as possible, while we dont believe in controlling everything the users do or say that doesnt mean anyone in this staff team has anything against your website. I think you know this, and the posts done on this thread also show it.

I really apprecaite this comment Iced. To be perfectly frank I did not know where the MFG staff stood now-a-days in regards to IMT.
#88  October 18, 2011, 12:01:56 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

if you have a problem, make a feedback thread, your constant attempts of pseudo trolling where no one knows when to take you seriously or not are not helping any.

Hope that was nice enough for you, cheers.

Perfectly said Iced. This thread in no way was meant to bash or put down Infinity's work in any shape or form, and just about every reply proves this. However, everyone agrees on the feedback issue, E.G. authors seem to fall on deaf ears when it comes to constructive criticism. Aside from blatant negativity, aren't forums about expressing opinions and thoughts to help improve a Mugen releases without fear of a banhammer??

Proof of all of this is found within the surprising 80+ comments I didn't expect this topic to reach. For those new to this post, read up and you will see exactly what I mean.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#89  October 18, 2011, 12:52:55 am
    • www.InfinityMugenTeam.com
However, everyone agrees on the feedback issue, E.G. authors seem to fall on deaf ears when it comes to constructive criticism. Aside from blatant negativity, aren't forums about expressing opinions and thoughts to help improve a Mugen releases without fear of a banhammer??

I think you found a good point in this entire discussion, besides the guys walking around saying everything is trash, other people complain that IMT doesn't listen to feedback, while anyone who actually goes to IMT can see that such is not true to real life just by following any of the threads there. What this 80+ thread proves is that it is a pretty prevalent misconception, Fortunately it is easily disproved by simple examination.
#90  October 18, 2011, 12:54:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
They get banned because their usually take a jerk way of going about it (berating negative opinion, then actual feedback, then end with berating opinion again)
But if it's valid feedback, then who cares about the rest of the post? Is it really worth banning someone who gives good feedback, even if they make some minor disparaging remarks?
#91  October 18, 2011, 01:01:59 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M
They get banned because their usually take a jerk way of going about it (berating negative opinion, then actual feedback, then end with berating opinion again). Then, when issues aren't either deal with immediately or flat out ignored because of a lack of manners, they start throwing a tantrum around the forum. Don't act like and asshole and you won't get banned, that's all their really is to it.

What about people that give out normal, simple feedback? I did this once to Infinite and I ended up getting flamed by everyone there because I suggested not having so many supers in one of his characters. While a mod did clean up the majority of the posts, he (Spidermew, I think) also deleted my feedback, and I took it to PMs with him.

uguu
#92  October 18, 2011, 01:37:14 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
And how did it end?
#93  October 18, 2011, 01:49:46 am
    • USA
SpiderMew said:
Sent by aznperson569M on October 08, 2010, 06:11:12 PM said:

My previous post that just got split about my response to Mr. Infinite's response to my feedback wasnt even trolling in anyway. (The one where it said that I never said that I said something about CvS effects).
So why did you remove it? Just wondering, since Mr Infinite wanted to know what the problem was with one of his moves.

I didnt touch your post. I didnt think you were trolling. I thought that first line was a bit inaproprate but i can understand there will be problems in comunacation. I split other posts in the topic that i felt responded inapropratly.

He pretty much told everyone to quit it, but it still proves the fact that I was attacked when I gave feedback. Spidermew's talking about how on the topic I said something like "Here's feedback because you didnt take it at MFG". Of course, here's what I posted at MFG when Infinite posted his release here, since I copypasta'd this and went to IMT with it.

uguu
#94  October 18, 2011, 04:19:45 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
ehhhh i really didn't wanna comment but after reading that last posts link to the feedback thread i decided... oh what the hell why not. lol.

i think whats missed is people want their feedback taken in accordance and acknowleged no matter how they say it. when a creator calls them out on using simplified bashing to try and slide in real on cue points the person gets upset.  Truth be told, if anyone is to give solid feedback then do away with personal dislikes ( oh he has too many specials or hypers) and potshot wisecracks and just focus on the real bugs and errors and explain how it could be fixed. that is real feedback.

adding in uneeded stuff just doesn't give way to progress. for those who feel they can be talked to in those ways because they used to it or just its whatever does not mean the entire community wants that said to them. respect garners respect.  I feel as long as the character is fun, coded good that whatever the creator wanted to work actually woks then fine to me, and has some flair with new stuff added or never been done then its cool , so then i would give feedback on just whats not working and causing issues.

we are all either artists of various fields and levels as well as fans and should respect each other to be at least a lil professional at times. just giving my thought. lol
Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:37:24 am by C.R.O.M Lando
#95  October 18, 2011, 04:52:52 am
    • USA
stuff about having personal dislikes or whatever

That's nice and all but if you actually looked at the thread you could see ecthelion's and my feedback. Feedback is called feedback for a reason; If I say something, regardless of whatever it might be (Personal recommendation, bugs, whatever), it's a response. And the creator noticed the feedback, yet disregarded it. Something simple like "He should have this appear whenever jumping" is yes, personal. Does this mean personal advice is bad? No. Something like this is like personal advice. The creator acknowledges the comments.

If the creator doesnt agree with the personal recommendation, then he should at least decline doing so, rather than having Race and Skeletor jump to conclusions and start talking about how the Moojinz is supposed to be. Again, we come to the same cycle of people complaining about feedback and how it should be stated. Alas, IMT.

uguu
#96  October 18, 2011, 05:25:26 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
LOL  He was there..... you just didnt spot him. lol.

"Again, we come to the same cycle of people complaining about feedback and how it should be stated. Alas, IMT."

is this statement implying me? last time check i been a member here since 2007 as well i am a cool member there and wherever.   so you cant say all that. i show same respect there as anywhere.
#97  October 18, 2011, 06:07:46 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
SpiderMew said:
Sent by aznperson569M on October 08, 2010, 06:11:12 PM said:

My previous post that just got split about my response to Mr. Infinite's response to my feedback wasnt even trolling in anyway. (The one where it said that I never said that I said something about CvS effects).
So why did you remove it? Just wondering, since Mr Infinite wanted to know what the problem was with one of his moves.

I didnt touch your post. I didnt think you were trolling. I thought that first line was a bit inaproprate but i can understand there will be problems in comunacation. I split other posts in the topic that i felt responded inapropratly.

He pretty much told everyone to quit it, but it still proves the fact that I was attacked when I gave feedback. Spidermew's talking about how on the topic I said something like "Here's feedback because you didnt take it at MFG". Of course, here's what I posted at MFG when Infinite posted his release here, since I copypasta'd this and went to IMT with it.

He did clean up the topic but it wasn't because I couldn't take the feedback or I asked him to. If you recall, I actually listened and fixed many of the things that you pointed out in your feedback http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=31977.15 - page 2 is where I go back in and fix things. The reason why i initially left MFG after seeing your feedback was because I thought that you were a troll because after every release here within the first minute I would get this one dork and a few of his lackeys coming in my thread starting shit and I thought that you were one of them and I ignored your feedback because you said that he had to many supers/hypers which made me think you were either trying to troll me, which was immature on my part. I just never got to much actual feedback before then except "you suck" and "you're ruining these characters" but you actually did give me some good feedback. I was just kind of thrown off by the to many supers at the time but this could also be considered a personal preference because I like supers and specials and hate seeing a move done usually more than once in a round/fight.
#98  October 18, 2011, 09:11:19 am
  • For honor!
I like supers and specials and hate seeing a move done usually more than once in a round/fight.
A good player would just use the moves that are most useful anyway so all you're doing is wasting time adding options that will be neglected. Really, you don't need to pig out on moves because fighting games have multiple pickable characters for a reason. Precise, quality design > quantity.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:15:33 am by Alpa-San
#99  October 18, 2011, 11:00:50 am
  • Green Knight LVL 94
What about people that give out normal, simple feedback? I did this once to Infinite and I ended up getting flamed by everyone there because I suggested not having so many supers in one of his characters. While a mod did clean up the majority of the posts, he (Spidermew, I think) also deleted my feedback, and I took it to PMs with him.

Infinite is a member of SGM, that's a whole other bag to begin with. Sic-1, R@ce 45, and Infinite form the SGM team. They're friends of ours yes but like Zvitor, they're arent IMT Team Members. Unlike Zvitor however, they've probably been the biggest target of communal hate in the past years because of character patching, which is what R@ce and Infinite specialize in. R@ce and Sic don't even bother posting releases anywhere other than their own Forum, Infinite is the only one that starts release threads at IMT, and is quite used to people dumping on his releases, just like he explained himself above (Rick Flair).

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko
#100  October 18, 2011, 02:14:45 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
LOL I'm still unsure of what "trolling" means....  ;P

Sean Altly is a great example of an author who takes constructive criticism for what it is worth. Even when debates become heated (as with a few responses from his Jin Kazama), he remains diplomatic under fire all while improving his releases. Excellent example Woody.

I think the best way to describe what ultimately works on any Mugen feedback subject would be "balanced middle ground." As long as both parties come to an agreement, it seems that flame wars/banning/trolling(??) is kept to a respectful minimum. Its when authors/forum goers disagree with opposing and extreme degrees that problems start. I think being overly sensative hurts things in the long run too, as clearly evidenced by Werewood's recent departure.

One thing's fur sure though, we can all agree to disagree!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.