YesNoOk

Suprizle's WipHouse: 2021 Character Updates/Progress! (Read 266215 times)

Started by Suprizle, July 10, 2012, 11:46:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: KojiroBADNESS' WIPS: Makoto Basics Video
#41  July 20, 2012, 03:07:29 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Because she is cool like that and Ling will just have to wait. Looking very solid, wonder what kind of supers she will be getting.
#42  July 20, 2012, 03:26:03 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Oh god yes, finally a Makoto! Will her taunt give her buffs like in Third Strike? Please be done soon! I can't wait!
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#43  July 20, 2012, 03:46:55 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Makoto looks great! She`ll have run or a dash like SFIII 3rd ???
#44  July 20, 2012, 04:14:26 am
    • Canada
Actually, she has both. The Run/Dash like all my characters. I was gonna get permission from Fido to use his running animation, but thankfully Senorfro was kinda enough to volunteer to make one, as well as doing a color separation for the Gi.

Because she is cool like that and Ling will just have to wait. Looking very solid, wonder what kind of supers she will be getting.

I'm not 100 on her custom supers yet. but I have a few cool ideas in mind. :)

Oh god yes, finally a Makoto! Will her taunt give her buffs like in Third Strike? Please be done soon! I can't wait!

Not sure yet. I probably should since I'm trying to go for accuracy.
#45  July 20, 2012, 04:43:47 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I just remembered something. If you're still looking for a way to code in the color change in her Tanden Reki (or whatever it's called), I recommend you check out Rajaa's characters. Their Vigor Mode changes palettes as long as it is active. Hope this helps!  ;)
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#46  July 20, 2012, 08:15:04 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Impressive as always man, really looking forward for this and your other projects, keep up the good work cause so far you're looking good brother, congratulations!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?

GOH

#47  July 20, 2012, 01:06:40 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
From the vid it looks like she's gonna need some damage dampening.

If she gets on my hands anyways. :nink:
#48  July 20, 2012, 02:01:32 pm
So that is how she sounded in Super Street Fighter 4, correct?

Never played the game so I'm wondering if that is why her voice sounded different.

This Makoto looks quite nice judging from the video.
#49  July 20, 2012, 11:22:47 pm
    • Canada
Yeah, that's her SSF4 VA. I use her English voice because it's actually pretty good I think and I'm not completely fond of her Japanese VA. Her SF3 voice is still the best IMO (Even though the Japanese VA is the same) but for what I have planned, I'm not sure there will be enough voice samples. But who knows, it still might be sufficient so we'll see when the coding is finished.

I just remembered something. If you're still looking for a way to code in the color change in her Tanden Reki (or whatever it's called), I recommend you check out Rajaa's characters. Their Vigor Mode changes palettes as long as it is active. Hope this helps!  ;)

I got an idea on how to do it. Sadly, it'll be a 1.0 only feature. But I'll check his characters out and get a better idea on how to code it. Thanks.

From the vid it looks like she's gonna need some damage dampening.

If she gets on my hands anyways. :nink:

She already has damage dampener. Just the values are high since I'm using NHK's Makoto (For source accuracy) as a reference for the time being. I don't start applying damage tweeks until the end.
Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:27:12 am by KojiroBADNESS
#50  July 22, 2012, 07:05:40 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Nice projects(I really have to flip Dudley's small portrait around --;). Is Mai ling getting the CvS palette treatment as well? Liking everything I see here.
#51  July 23, 2012, 02:01:39 am
    • Canada
Nice projects(I really have to flip Dudley's small portrait around --;). Is Mai ling getting the CvS palette treatment as well? Liking everything I see here.

Thanks. I love your Dudley though man. Most of your characters for that matter. I find our styles to be pretty similar.

Anyway, I'm not totally sure about Mai-Ling yet but I'm honestly contemplating it though. I'll give it a try and see how it looks.
#52  July 23, 2012, 09:38:10 am
    • Canada
Shoot, I forgot to mention earlier. Does anyone know where I can get some clean SF3 Makoto voice rips from? I wanna experiment with it.

GT

#53  July 23, 2012, 10:46:47 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#54  July 23, 2012, 11:08:11 am
    • Canada
I like the ReVol. Sounds cleaner. I want as little clipping as possible. Basically I want to try and mix her SF3/SF4 Japanese sound clips together (since it's the same VA), heavily based on her SF3 voice of course, so I'll need all of her sounds if possible. I'm not totally sure if mixing both sounds will work well but it's worth a try I suppose.

And yo, weren't we supposed to go 50/50 on this Makoto project Yzan? LOL.

GT

#55  July 23, 2012, 11:19:27 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Yeah, but you wouldn't want me working with you on this. I'd only slow you down.  >:P:

Should I go ahead and separate the mp3 into wavs for you(all the SF3 sounds are included btw)?
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#56  July 23, 2012, 11:22:45 am
    • Canada
Yeah you should. I'm lazy like that LOL. But those are all the sounds? I figured there were way more. Not the same amount as SF4, but at least a sufficient amount.
#57  July 26, 2012, 07:06:50 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#58  July 26, 2012, 09:12:48 am
  • Nothing is impossible if you believe
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
Yeah you should. I'm lazy like that LOL. But those are all the sounds? I figured there were way more. Not the same amount as SF4, but at least a sufficient amount.
Yo! Never thought you're a character creator.

#59  July 26, 2012, 01:58:57 pm
    • Canada
Whoa, LONG time Madlax. Been missin' ya! :P

Haha, yeah well besides my old Fuuma (which hasn't been online for that long), I haven't really put anything out despite having now 4 projects in the works so I can't blame you.

Felt it was about that time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LstgpuKGB4o

....... :flipout:

LOVE IT!!!

So if you guys didn't know already, Senorfro has offered his help in doing a color separation for Makoto and he's already done a good deal of sprites this past week. So I went ahead and put another palette template together. Also Sinrha also just finished drawing another awesome custom portrait for me, so I threw that in as well. Check it out.

Official Separated Palette

Original SF3

CVS

Ryu

Renewed Mr.X

Blue/Black Mix

I'll be too busy to make more palettes for a bit, so look forward to seeing what you guys can come up with. Have fun! :)

Note: I had to do some color separation for the portrait and 3 extra colors were added, so you'll have a little more freedom with it.
#60  July 26, 2012, 04:50:59 pm
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Some badly made ones I did:

Best of luck on the projects.
Stuff