YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837455 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#281  August 22, 2013, 08:27:39 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#282  August 23, 2013, 08:50:59 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#283  August 24, 2013, 03:19:29 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
#284  August 24, 2013, 03:36:10 am
    • USA
Guardians character descriptions:

Rocket Raccoon (rumored to be voiced by Bradley Cooper): ”[He] has been genetically and mechanically altered, he’s an experiment from one part of the galaxy.”

Groot (rumored to be voiced by Vin Diesel): ”A species that happens to look like trees look, and is quite communicative if you can understand the different inflections in the way he says, ‘I am Groot.’”

Star-Lord (Chris Pratt): “Peter Quill left Earth in the mid ’80s, but when we meet back up with him he’s very much a citizen of the universe.”

Drax (Dave Bautista): ”[He] has one goal and one goal only, which is to kill Ronan because of a past tragedy.”

Gamora (Zoe Saldana): ”When we meet Gamora, she’s a bad guy working with Ronan and Nebula and Korath, and by extension for Thanos. Gamora doesn’t necessarily like doing that anymore, and tries to find a new path for herself. But she has a reputation as the deadliest woman in the galaxy that people aren’t greeting her with open arms.”

Feige adds that Ronan the Accuser, played by Lee Pace, is definitely the “main bad guy” of the movie with “Thanos lurking above it all.” There’s a lot more of Thanos in the movie than fans got in The Avengers, he said.
Interesting that Drax's nemesis is Ronan, and not Thanos...
#285  August 24, 2013, 04:04:16 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
There’s a lot more of Thanos in the movie than fans got in The Avengers, he said.

no shit: he had like 10 sec screen presence  :inquisitive:
#286  August 29, 2013, 06:36:11 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#287  August 29, 2013, 07:11:22 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
i totally agree with that casting, his voice will be awesome as Ultron

#288  August 30, 2013, 07:27:36 am
    • USA
Oooh, interesting choice. I think he'll nail it.
#289  August 30, 2013, 09:12:43 am
  • "One pixel at a time..."
    • USA
    • Skype - omegabros6
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
Hey man, c'mon. Iron fucking Giant. >:[

I remember watching The Iron Giant when I was nine. I like literally had no clue that was Vin Diesel. That's pretty awesome to know that.

Where you can download my old MUGEN stuff
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
#290  August 31, 2013, 12:37:35 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#291  August 31, 2013, 05:58:02 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
damn, can the casting get even bigger than that? O_O
#292  August 31, 2013, 06:07:07 am
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#293  August 31, 2013, 06:16:23 am
    • USA
That article's version of the movie was actually pretty terrible. I mean, killing Rhodey? No fun buddy cop stuff? No little kid banter? Having the Mandarin's rings be actual magic, instead of advanced technology that both aligns with the comic version and could be tied into all the "Asguarian magic is actually just technology" stuff? No thanks.
#294  August 31, 2013, 06:32:08 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
-Rhodey as a character has been useless in the MCU so far
-kid scenes could have been implemented easily
-having the magic rings as a little introduction to the eventual magic that will be involved in future movies (Dr Strange) is not a bad move (i'd take all the magical powers in the universe over some fucking burning/glowing villains, wtf!?)..plus the fake Mandarin thing could still be present
-Hulk could have easily been added in a few scenes to further explain where the fuck he was all this time

in details, yes there are some bad stuff potentially written there (it is merely just an idea after all) but i could see a way better version than what we ended up getting: wtf with that ending, seriously? Stark KNOWS there are extra-terrestrial beings in the universe but yet, he chooses to remove his very own power? what? plus, why not remove it before if the possibility was there :-/
#295  August 31, 2013, 07:00:32 am
    • USA
-Rhodey as a character has been useless in the MCU so far
The buddy cop scenes validate his existence!

-having the magic rings as a little introduction to the eventual magic that will be involved in future movies (Dr Strange) is not a bad move (i'd take all the magical powers in the universe over some fucking burning/glowing villains, wtf!?)
The Mandarin is the wrong person to herald the introduction of magic; his rings are tech-based. Advanced alien technology that might as well be magic yes, but specifically technology.

in details, yes there are some bad stuff potentially written there (it is merely just an idea after all) but i could see a way better version than what we ended up getting: wtf with that ending, seriously? Stark KNOWS there are extra-terrestrial beings in the universe but yet, he chooses to remove his very own power? what? plus, why not remove it before if the possibility was there :-/
He just chose to get rid of the shrapnel and arc reactor in his chest, he can still suit up as Iron Man anytime. He says he'll always be Iron Man! He just won't have a piece of metal in his heart and 42 AI-controlled suits, is all.
#296  August 31, 2013, 07:05:29 am
  • The Goddess Returns
That article's version of the movie was actually pretty terrible. I mean, killing Rhodey? No fun buddy cop stuff? No little kid banter? Having the Mandarin's rings be actual magic, instead of advanced technology that both aligns with the comic version and could be tied into all the "Asguarian magic is actually just technology" stuff? No thanks.

I never said I loved the whole thing, I just loved the idea of it.
Rhodey really do anything important in IM3, so him being killed off or atleas do something would have been far better.
the little kid banter could have easily happened after Tony got his ass whipped by The Mandarin like in the movie.
I'd rather it be a mix up of the 2, as it does give leeway to Thanos and at the same time, keep Mandarin's origins as close as possible.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#297  August 31, 2013, 07:12:10 am
    • USA
Killing off characters just because is just not a good idea! Hmm, well, if they killed Happy off I dunno if that would've mattered all that much. It'd follow pretty much the same beats as the actual movie.

Thanos is being set up by Guardians, and isn't really all that involved with straight-up magic. In any case, I think doing set-up for him in Iron Man 3 would've been a mistake regardless; he's not gonna show up and be a major character for quite a few years, and I think there's a danger in drawing out that threat.
#298  August 31, 2013, 07:48:26 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Killing off characters just because is just not a good idea! Hmm, well, if they killed Happy off I dunno if that would've mattered all that much. It'd follow pretty much the same beats as the actual movie.

Thanos is being set up by Guardians, and isn't really all that involved with straight-up magic. In any case, I think doing set-up for him in Iron Man 3 would've been a mistake regardless; he's not gonna show up and be a major character for quite a few years, and I think there's a danger in drawing out that threat.

Then have Rhodey actually do something important then. He doesn't need to die, but he does need to do far more than the crap he did in IM3.

And while Thanos won't be used for quiet some time, actually building him up some more really won't make it harder for people to swallow since they already KNOW of Thanos, showing him being behind some of these things or looking for something that can work until he finds the Infinity Gauntlet.

#299  August 31, 2013, 07:52:04 am
    • USA
That's pretty much what Guardians will do. And whatever comes after Avengers 2, but before 3, probably.
#300  August 31, 2013, 08:36:38 am
  • The Goddess Returns
That's pretty much what Guardians will do. And whatever comes after Avengers 2, but before 3, probably.

Then they could have done that as a setup for Guardians, problem solved.