YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2849170 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#381  October 09, 2013, 07:01:32 pm
    • Poland
It's something common not only to Whedon shows, but to network TV in general (cable is generally better at coming out very strong out of the gate but I don't really have any idea why). Sometimes it might take a season, or even 2 seasons (Star Trek TNG) for a show to get good, for the cast to gel, and so on.

I soo agree on that. Begginings on Whedon shows are always bit boring and all of them require little bit patience, which most viewers doesn't seem to have. maybe that's why they gets cancelled soon after it's started. Other thing is that people mostly start apperciate his shows when they already gone/ended which is sad really.

Buffy and Angel were both exceptions of that rule because they were already known characters when their shows started (Buffy from that horrible movie Whedon scripted back in 93 and Angtel from presence in Buffy Show). Buffy also had good chance because of herself as main character. Teen girl kicking ass of vamps ? That was new thing back then and she was very likeable due to Sarah Michelle Gellar cuteness and acting skills.

With SHIELD they had good idea of bringing someone known for main lead but Coulson as fine as he is, is not best choice. Too bad their didn't get Jackson for full role. That would help. They shoul get agent  Hill for full role too... I for one was dissapointed with actors. Ward is wooden amateur and look like plastic doll who doesn't look like tough guy, at all, That geek guy is irittianting too. His female partner is cute and I love her british accent but that's it. Skye is getting better with each ep but looks too pretty for hacker girl living in the van. In fact they all look too perfect, and too pretty. always have perfect makeups and hair even during fight scenes and when they are on the field. It's looks too plastic, fake and unrealistic. The bright point of cast is Ming Na who issoo cool and steal every scene she appear in. Coulson is trying but he lackis chemistry with rest of the cast

The fact that show is presented in procedural/investigating format instead long continiuos plot doesn't help. I never understood the reason behind popularity of shows like NCIS, CSI etc, they all are incredible dull and boring especially when you compare them to cable shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead etc.

They also did it wrong with target audience. I know it's national TV but they should target older audience. Current audience like cable adult shows, where there is no limtations and their popularity grows each year. When they see SHIELD no wonder some of them feels dissapointed. Whole show looks like its for teens and that's not interesing for mature fans. And there is the fact that shows is strongly connected to MCU. It's hard to imagine that someone in US don't know MCU but I bet there are some and they surely won't watch this show because of that connection.

I will countinue watching it but I don't have high hopes. I'm pretty sure show would got better at season 2-3 but I have doubts if it's even gonna get to that point.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:08:58 pm by Jarek Bachanek
#382  October 09, 2013, 08:26:52 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Rating are in for episode 3, the drop-off has slowed greatly, and it actually came in #1 for the 8PM timeslot. If it can keep these numbers up it should have a strong future.

Buffy and Angel were both exceptions of that rule because they were already known characters when their shows started (Buffy from that horrible movie Whedon scripted back in 93 and Angtel from presence in Buffy Show). Buffy also had good chance because of herself as main character. Teen girl kicking ass of vamps ? That was new thing back then and she was very likeable due to Sarah Michelle Gellar cuteness and acting skills.
TV Buffy was an pretty different character than the movie version, even in the pilot, though. Besides the fact that the movie is not in continuity with the TV show, it has a very different tone and most people who watched or are watching the show never even saw the movie.

Angel is similar to Coulsen in that he's an established character that took a while to reconfigure into a lead. And even though Cordelia (and later Wesley) were also in Buffy, he never had that many scenes with them so the writers basically had to start fresh with their interpersonal characterizations. But they got a handle on it eventually, just like they will with Agents.

They also did it wrong with target audience. I know it's national TV but they should target older audience. Current audience like cable adult shows, where there is no limtations and their popularity grows each year. When they see SHIELD no wonder some of them feels dissapointed. Whole show looks like its for teens and that's not interesing for mature fans.
That makes no sense; the Avengers wasn't targeted at just an older audience, it was targeted to everyone. They can have stuff for everyone. Expecting a prestige cable drama type deal for this property is incredibly unrealistic, especially coming from Whedon. He has his own way of doing things, and not every show needs to be a gritty show about a white middle-aged antihero to be good.
#383  October 15, 2013, 08:09:19 pm
    • USA

GOH

#384  October 15, 2013, 09:05:14 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Dear God. The puns.
#385  October 17, 2013, 07:58:36 pm
    • USA
#386  October 17, 2013, 08:06:35 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Yeah it was nice, I felt Fitz-Simmons a bit better

#387  October 17, 2013, 08:53:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The episode was nice.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

SNT

#388  October 18, 2013, 07:01:08 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#389  October 18, 2013, 04:07:56 pm
    • USA

also this happened
#390  October 23, 2013, 01:13:27 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#391  October 23, 2013, 01:16:58 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
holy fuck Marvel knows how to hype their stuff!!! this is great, even if there are absolutely no details

MDI

#392  October 23, 2013, 12:00:12 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Anyone watch tonight's episode?

An entire universe of Marvel characters to use and we get some lame ass character named Scorch. Can we just get like..a single superhero or villain? Justoneplease.

Oh well. Skye in bra and panties.
ey

GOH

#393  October 23, 2013, 12:16:42 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:22:15 pm by Bot Gohby
#394  October 24, 2013, 05:02:45 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Anyone watch tonight's episode?

An entire universe of Marvel characters to use and we get some lame ass character named Scorch. Can we just get like..a single superhero or villain? Justoneplease.

Oh well. Skye in bra and panties.

Spoilers man

Really loving this show. Great stuff :yes: Skye in underwear, easily the best part of the episode :yeses:
Chilling
Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:10:34 am by Aldo
#395  October 24, 2013, 07:25:47 am
    • USA
Hrm, that episode was a bit of a let down after last week's, hopefully things will swing upwards again. I mean it wasn't bad or anything, just not shows no improvement from the first few episodes, and this series really needs to improve to become anything more than merely competent. And I was hoping they'd avoid doing a "Rising Tide is pro-secrecy but totally misguided and actually somewhat bad, SHIELD is great even though it wiretaps and abducts people" kinda thing, but this episode was literally that. Hopefully this is the last of the Rising Tide plot line, then, because that's starting to get into weird, pro-totalitarianism places. :-\

also that scene with the Doctor getting burned to death was pretty horrifying, for an 8PM show. Surprised they got away showing that. ALSO also, those fireproof suits: those are totally AIM, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!

But Scorch was an existing villain!

... an exceedingly obscure one, yes, and basically shares only the name and powerset, but... c'mon!

#396  October 24, 2013, 07:36:42 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
In my country before commercials they show a question, the last one was, Which character from the Avengers would you like to see in the show?
So I ask that to you guys. I'd like to see, either Black Widow or Cap.

#397  October 24, 2013, 03:03:02 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Justin Hammer. :P

I know he's not even on the Avengers' movie, but meh, his characterization was awesome.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#398  October 24, 2013, 03:35:08 pm
    • Poland
Black Widow or Hulk cuz they both are awesome (ok Scarlett is more awesome)
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#399  October 24, 2013, 07:04:17 pm

captain america: the winter soldier OR SHOULD I SAY THE "EPIC WIN"TER SOLDIER
#400  October 24, 2013, 07:17:54 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Epic as hell!