YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837328 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:

MDI

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#521  January 08, 2014, 08:53:59 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Ugh. For fucks sake.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also, this is pure speculation but it is fun to think about. I've seen people online say that The Leader/Samuel Sterns is probably the Clairvoyant. As you may remember he was last seen in The Incredible Hulk.
ey
Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:45:03 am by MDI
#522  January 09, 2014, 07:59:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

MDI

#523  January 10, 2014, 04:52:20 am
Ah yes I've heard of this. If only it ended with him revealing that Trevor was the false persona all along, or the real Mandarin appeared and destroyed him...maybe..? No...but one can dream.
ey
#524  January 10, 2014, 10:23:00 am
I don't see a reason for Trevor being destroyed/killed, especially if he's Ben Kingsley. Either he's the false persona or he's going to decide to play his role for real, but that would be lame for a character like the Mandarin (not to mention he needs to actually get his magic).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#525  January 13, 2014, 10:00:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#526  January 13, 2014, 10:05:39 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
So, Catherine Zeta-Jones as Wasp?
I know, bad joke

#527  January 13, 2014, 10:07:41 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Rudd will be playing Scott Lang, who is a reformed thief who picks up the Ant-Mantle from Hank Pym

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox

Bea

#528  January 13, 2014, 10:16:53 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#529  January 13, 2014, 10:21:50 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Well if he is giving up the mantle for a new Ant-man, he maybe a somewhat older version of Hank Pym.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#530  January 14, 2014, 01:12:07 am
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#531  January 14, 2014, 07:12:56 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I don't know what's with all the negativity over the casting. Michael Douglas is a fantastic actor and the whole "old Pym, young Lang" thing has been rumored as long as the movie itself has. The dynamic here will be something that's never really been done before, outside comics, and I think it'll be great.

Plus, Michael Douglas makes a ton of sense as Pym, remember when he admitted a few years ago that he got throat cancer from HPV, which he caught because he is really into cunnilingus? Well...
Spoiler: NSFW (click to see content)
So yeah, perfect casting!!!

Rumors of an Agent Carter show are starting to heat up, and just today Howard Stark's actor mentioned it is "possibly going to happen", and he wants in.

Let's just hope it airs on somewhere besides ABC, and isn't a piece of shit.

The colors of the gems aren't consistent in color-power on the comics or games or movies. Stop trying to guess, and just enjoy the movie when you watch it.
Well Kevin Feige specifically said that the Tesseract is the Space Stone/Gem and he confirmed the Aether to be another but he didn't specify which type. He also said a third gem is gonna be featured in the Guardians movie.
We know that, at least! Speculation is fun! >:[

I don't see a reason for Trevor being destroyed/killed, especially if he's Ben Kingsley. Either he's the false persona or he's going to decide to play his role for real, but that would be lame for a character like the Mandarin (not to mention he needs to actually get his magic).
I really think that the most likely thing is Trevor being knocked off by the 10 Rings, with no hint towards a "real" Mandarin. It's very unlikely RDJr. is gonna do anymore Iron Man films. But even if they were to do War Machine movies or something, and wanted Trevor to become the villain as the real Mandarin, they'd have to reintroduce Trevor, establish he has become the Mandarin for real, reestablish the 10 Rings... it's just too much exposition, too much very important stuff to be relegated to a bonus feature, I think. The only other thing I can see happening is them teasing a "true" Mandarin, and Trevor still ends up dead. Or maybe ends up as a toady, I dunno.

But I think it would be best if they stood by the whole decoy Mandarin thing, and didn't try to bring in a "real" version. It was really bold and daring of them to build up the Mandarin and then shatter all expectations by revealing him to be a fake, a convenient evil foreigner who hates us for our freedom, used to justify expanded military spending. It's easily the most trenchant and biting satire of the Iron Man movies, and I think it would really undercut it all to introduce a real, bona-fide Mandarin into the mix.

But I mean, I still kinda want to see a guy with 10 magic rings who can break steel with his fists because he's that good at martial arts! :S

MDI

#532  January 15, 2014, 03:09:18 am
Thoughts on tonight's episode?
ey
#533  January 15, 2014, 04:50:37 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I thought a Fitz-Simmons centric episode would suck. It was fairly good though, the lab duo weren't anywhere near annoying as they normaly are, and the show's finally adressing Skye's origin. I suppose we'll learn the whole thing in the season's finale. Also

MDI

#534  January 16, 2014, 04:17:42 am
In my opinion, from everything I've seen of this show I think a good episode can be defined as an episode that hints at future episodes having something worth while. So its more like, "Oh hey we might see an actual villain soon!"
ey
#535  January 16, 2014, 04:47:10 am
  • Fuck You.
you're looking for an arc

which is what we're all looking for

but what we need, and what jw thinks we need as well, is a little more character development and said building of an arc

kinda like they did with all the marvel movies leading up to the avengers

also

i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#536  January 16, 2014, 09:02:37 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Baron von Strucker has been cast for Avengers 2, and apparently he'll have something to do with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

#537  January 17, 2014, 05:45:47 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasen't Magneto their father?

#538  January 17, 2014, 05:47:22 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yes, but magneto is owned by Fox, and this is being made by marvel, So....do the math :D
#539  January 17, 2014, 05:53:35 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
They were in the Avengers years before they were recognized as Magneto's children.
#540  January 17, 2014, 06:20:17 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio