YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2857155 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: YO SOY GROOT
#1161  August 12, 2014, 09:41:37 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I can see them bringing Moondragon in as a "daughter" of Thanos to give Drax a little bit more of a personal stake. I don't see Mantis making the cut with Gamora in the picture. Which is a shame because she's a vastly superior character on account of her being Space Master Shiva.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1162  August 12, 2014, 09:51:02 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
They could make her blue or red or something (or even her original human skin tone), maybe lean more heavily on the Celestial Madonna powers or something!

I'd also like to see Phyla-Vell but jeez that backstory, I guess she could always just be a regular (pink) Kree or something, but if only they had a Captain Marvel movie in the works, ready to establish Mar-Vell as a legendary Kree hero or whatever (and then he dies to give Carol powers or whatever), and have Phyla run around as his daughter trying to live up to his legacy!

GOH

#1163  August 13, 2014, 01:30:30 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1164  August 13, 2014, 01:42:38 am
Watched the Star Wars x Indiana Jones crossover
The story was really straightforward with little surprise, point-A-to-point-B stuff (where even Avengers still branched off between each character in their own direction), but it didn't need anything else, the on-the-spot fun was enough to build it all. The characters seemed very cliché before I saw it, but they each turned up very developed, very human, pretty cool. Groot so OP.
A Nova movie would make so much sense, after showing all the Nova-related stuff. If they're going to keep building on the cosmic stuff for Guardians 2, and with this quote from the above article that "Thanos will show up if it helps or not at all if it doesn't help", an interaction between a Nova series and a Guardians series would be on the same level as the Earth-based groups that led to the Avengers. To make their own stuff in their corner of space. Hell, Nova could even further the ties between the Guardians side of the universe and the Avengers side.

Oh, also, I was thinking that it might not be that good to have all the movies cross over. I'm not sure I want to see the Guardians barge in Avengers 3 against Thanos, for example, if there's also going to be more new faces in the middle : it'll end up like the Expendables, where they share a name on the poster, but a bunch of them only show up for 12 seconds and one line of dialog. I don't think the Guardians need to team up with the Avengers. They already had a hard enough time making Avengers in the first place.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:02:13 am by DKDC
#1165  August 13, 2014, 02:07:36 am
    • USA
The way that the Novas were portrayed in the film changed my expectation of how a Nova movie would work though.

Spoiler: Potential minor spoilers (click to see content)

Apparently Quill's father in the movie is not going to be Jason of Spartax.

There are theories that it may be Eros of Titan (also known by a far less easy to trademark name). I can get behind that for consolidation reasons.
This time
This time
#1166  August 13, 2014, 02:16:00 am
The way that the Novas were portrayed in the film changed my expectation of how a Nova movie would work though.
Very true. They were all pretty regular soldiers, so a Nova-centered movie would have to make a single Nova be human-sized in powers, to keep up with this rendition. I've always thought of Nova as an equivalent to Green Lantern anyway, it seems like they're supposed to have crazy powers, but they can easily be shown on the scale of a single human, not taking on warships or moons on their own. ... Basically, show a Nova in the same way the Guardians and Yondu were portrayed. ... I guess that all of a sudden, a lot of the interest would vanish...
On the other hand, if they can say that the battle ships we saw and the formation they used was actually the Nova Force used in stead of technology, it would jump the relevance to impressive levels. Like, we thought what they did was technology and it was pretty basic, but it was actually the Nova Force at work, that would be a bit cool, and it would give enough margin to go for a Nova movie and keep cool powers.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:21:42 am by DKDC
#1167  August 13, 2014, 02:25:37 am
    • USA
Ah, and the helmet and gauntlets and greaves are possibly a prototype to channel that energy as a response to what happened in the movie? Yes, that could work.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it.
This time
This time
#1168  August 13, 2014, 02:28:27 am
    • USA
3 years feels like a lot of time to wait for a sequel. Damn you Marvel movies :doom:
#1169  August 13, 2014, 02:35:31 am
    • USA
I figured they'd take a bunch of cues from Annihilation and have the main Nova of the movies the last one, who has all the power of the Nova corps in a prototype suit or something (I was assuming the Nova Force was the power behind their ships, and that they hadn't miniaturized that technology yet). And have it all mostly be on Earth so you get do the teenage hero thing like Spider-Man (because, after all, Nova was created to be another Spider-Man type hero) but have a bridge between cosmic and Earth stuff. IDK how an Earth teenager would end up with the most advanced weapon in the universe, but I ain't no scriptwriter!

But yeah, that all seems like it would be best done later, after Avengers 3 or something. There's no room for it! Not if they can't fit in one fucking female led movie >:[

3 years feels like a lot of time to wait for a sequel. Damn you Marvel movies :doom:
2 years cuts it a bit too close most times, unless everyone is really in synch and can move that fast (which is why I'm not super worried about Cap 3); 3 years is pretty fast as it is for a major blockbuster, all things considered.
#1170  August 13, 2014, 02:45:26 am
    • USA
IDK how an Earth teenager would end up with the most advanced weapon in the universe, but I ain't no scriptwriter!

They debut the prototype in the fight against Thanos when he comes to Earth in Avengers 3, the soldier gets killed or fatally wounded, teenager finds him (gotta keep that Green Lantern allusion!) and gets the gear. Boom!
This time
This time
#1171  August 13, 2014, 04:21:49 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I can totally see that ^ working.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand

GOH

#1172  August 13, 2014, 01:31:52 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1173  August 13, 2014, 01:53:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
four likely candidates

in the comics his father was an alien called j'son but hes a relatively normal alien eve if hes a jackass.
gunn already said he wont be following the dad from the comics.

so we have

STARFOX: or eros, the pelvic dance master, a real asshole. He is Thanos brother, they are both Eternals.

STARHAWK: also an asshole, he and yondu were a team in the comics, Hawk has wings and looks like an angel.

ADAM WARLOCK: he is connected ot the gems
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
  He and Thanos are rival/friends, frenemies.

CAPTAIN MAR VELL, he has the negabands and is a legendary kree captain that in the comics betrays the kree for the sake of earth after falling in love with earth, he dies of cancer caused by his negaband powered artifacts.

One hinted by gunn and spoilerish
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#1174  August 13, 2014, 02:01:00 pm
Two points I thought were of interest are, the fact that Yondu called the father an asshole (plus it seems like they know where he is right now since they still discuss bringing Peter to him), and then the fact that the Xandarians didn't recognize where the non-human part of Peter was from.
#1175  August 13, 2014, 02:05:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Most of my examples actually DO fit in that description.

Mar Vell is a kree so he doesnt.
Starfox and Thanos are eternals, a race that was manufactured by the celestials ( they interfered with most races developments and are the "reason" why most races are humanoid )

Starfox is a really huge womanizing asshole.

Star hawk origin was also all mystical in nature.

Adam is a god prototype created by religious fanatics with ADN manipulation.

My last one is supposed to hail from an alternate dimension which would make him unrecognizable.

the movie kindof tricked me into thinking yondu was the dad at first, because he started describing himself as an angel at one point.
#1176  August 13, 2014, 06:10:19 pm
Wasn't the Celestials shown at one point during the movie too?
#1177  August 13, 2014, 06:11:41 pm
There's Knowhere, and there's the exposition from the Collector, yes.
#1178  August 13, 2014, 06:21:55 pm
    • USA
This time
This time
Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:32:09 pm by Speedpreacher
#1179  August 13, 2014, 09:17:11 pm
    • USA
I think, of all those possibilities, Starfox is the only one that really makes sense. They need to explain who Thanos is and where he came from in time for Avengers 3, and tying him into Star-Lord makes a great deal of sense. The others, not so much. Sure, Mar-Vell could always be made into some other species, but why bother? What would they do that requires Mar-Vell? Better to save him for later, no? Starhawk is the same way, except, ehhhhhh who cares about Starhawk. Adam Warlock seems like a totally different thing and I don't imagine Yondu was talking about bringing Star-Lord to meet a big cocoon inside Space Liberace's Space Zoo. And there's the whole "ancient DNA" thing, which doesn't really fit Warlock; of course, that could always be changed, and I actually think his origin will be significantly changed to be less complicated (I imagine him to be perhaps an avatar of the Soul gem, or at least it's guardian for centuries, or something)
#1180  August 13, 2014, 09:33:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think a big crossover of Guardians and Avengers would be a good idea. But it shouldn't be 1 movie. I think they could make either a trilogy out of Thanos. Or make a few different movies that are taking place at the same time as each other. Stuff happening on Earth and in space.

Think of the battle against Thanos as one of those big multi comic cross overs. I would hope they don't just have 1 movie to deal with him and the infinity gauntlet and be done with it. This has been building up since the start of the MCU. It should be bigger than Avengers.