YesNoOk

What new Fighting games youd like to see done? (Read 41033 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, February 14, 2014, 08:34:34 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What new Fighting games youd like to see done?
#101  February 20, 2014, 08:07:06 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
A game I would love to see is a combo heavy game with no combo counter.  People are too obsessed with getting high hit combos that at certain points, it becomes a more important part of the game than it needs to be.

Plus it would be frustrating as hell to people that thrive on that sort of thing.

That would just make documenting combos unnecessarily difficult.

Street Fighter and Darkstalkers themselves have power imbalances, just within themselves. Like I dunno Dan vs. Final Bison, or Pyron vs. B.B. Hood, or something.

The best thing to do is ignore it, and especially to avoid Kryptonite nanobot pills or whatever.

Pyron's pretty much the exception. All the other more powerful Darkstalkers are powerful because of what they can do to someone's soul (Jedah, Morrigan).
I'd say Pyron's presence alone puts the DS cast over the Mens who are Mega, being so stupidly powerful he outweighs everything else.

Nah. Pyron was the most powerful, until Demitri took care of him. Even then, Demitri can't exactly do much to a robot with his powers; same for Morrigan, Lilith, and Jedah. Closest you could get to a real threat is Talbain, but brute force only goes so far.

But of course the real question is could Jedah do a Prova=di=Servo to a reploid? DO ROBOTS HAVE SOULS?!?!?!?!
Nope.

But of course the real question is could Jedah do a Prova=di=Servo to a reploid? DO ROBOTS HAVE SOULS?!?!?!?!
I was going to say that he didn't have a problem doing it to Huitzil in Savior 2... but then I remembered that the "soul stealing" bit of that move's animation was removed in that game for some reason.
AND the fact that it'd be pretty BS to have an entire super not hit an opponent just for "logical" reasons.
#102  February 20, 2014, 08:15:17 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Robots totally have souls, otherwise the Robot Devil wouldn't exist. And he clearly exists.

So that means that even if Pyron was removed from the equation for balance purposes (unless there's some obscure Robot Master that can do the kind of soul/energy tricks Demitri pulled off), the DS cast would win!
#103  February 20, 2014, 08:27:05 am
  • Fuck You.
but the combat bots and repl(ir)oids have strength far beyond that of humans, which is probably where the comparison came in, and there are some capable of completely destroying the world too so that isnt a stretch

also the three universes are so different that such a comparison couldnt even really be made in regards to their powers (soul stealing and otherwise) but on raw strength alone, and again, as a fighting game, this would be irrelevant

see also; demetri and future!zero's inclusions in svc chaos

edit: not to mention red arremer and goddess athena, and the big man himself, god
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:31:59 am by Nero D.
#104  February 20, 2014, 10:15:29 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
A game I would love to see is a combo heavy game with no combo counter.  People are too obsessed with getting high hit combos that at certain points, it becomes a more important part of the game than it needs to be.

Plus it would be frustrating as hell to people that thrive on that sort of thing.

I have never seen someone care more about their combo counter than knowing how to actually play the game.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#105  February 20, 2014, 04:23:26 pm
  • SNK is life
Come on.
#106  February 20, 2014, 04:54:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

I have never seen someone care more about their combo counter than knowing how to actually play the game.

he did not say that.

though if someone cares more about making big combos than defeating other people that's good for that person as long as he can enjoy the game.
#107  February 20, 2014, 05:05:32 pm
    • USA
#108  February 20, 2014, 05:07:24 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
The first one had that too.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#109  February 20, 2014, 08:38:14 pm
  • Fuck You.
there's that

and then there's making an entire character trans or a full on man for that same reason

be grateful
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#110  February 20, 2014, 09:36:07 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
O.K, sorry about the arguments going on here about DS Vs. SF.

I was just saying it would've been really cool to see...
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#111  February 26, 2014, 04:53:57 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
The Only game I really want to see
Marvel Vs. DC feat Street Fighter
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#112  February 26, 2014, 08:47:50 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
As long as we're throwing around pipe dreams, I've had one on my mind for some months.  Barring the licencing nightmare it would have, ever since its revival, I've been thinking how awesome a Toonami-based 2D fighting game would be. (I blame Mugen and Z2 stuff for this)

Of course, the potential roster, being the main draw, is also one of the main problems I see with it.  Considering it would contain about, oh, lets say for example, one character per show.  And that would be...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
...87 characters.  Give or take a few given some shows would require multiple characters while others would have repeats and thus not counted, plus things like Hamtaro that'd obviously not be counted, but still, nearly 90 characters is kinda ridiculous.  Plus how would you fairly represent all those giant mech shows besides G Gundam?

Of course, an alternative and possibly more likely one would be to use current day's Toonami, but personally, while I would more than gladly take the chance to play as Spike Spiegel, Motoko Kusanagi, Batou, Edward Elric, InuYasha, possibly even Lance, Ilana, Octus, Ichigo Kurosaki or anyone from FLCL, the rest I really don't care about.
#113  February 26, 2014, 09:24:40 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

God, I didn't even know that many were ever on Toonami. WHERE WAS I?
#114  March 11, 2014, 06:28:03 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Definitely a new Darkstalkers game - that's what I'd love to see.
And BBxGG crossover, with graphics like in GGXrd. (But this won't happen)
#115  March 11, 2014, 09:19:11 pm
Darkstalkers Vs. Street Fighter;

Hell, I even did my own concept music for it all....

didn't copcom make more then one game where it had them fighting among each others ? if they decided to make a story for the game then it would make no sense for the SF cast to be able to stand up to the DS cast, since accourding to capcom : the weakest DS character is stronger then the strongest SF character

i'd play it just to murder every capcom characters with bulleta,
#116  March 11, 2014, 09:42:11 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 or SvC Chaos 2 with KOF XII/XIII-styled spritework would be pretty sweet. Just as long as the rosters contain some obscurities (such as Magician Lord's Elta or Robo Army's Rocky).

I'd also like to see a new Power Instinct title just cuz it needs to happen.
#117  March 11, 2014, 10:27:09 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 or SvC Chaos 2 with KOF XII/XIII-styled spritework would be pretty sweet. Just as long as the rosters contain some obscurities (such as Magician Lord's Elta or Robo Army's Rocky).

Heck, I was thinking just this the other day.
#118  March 11, 2014, 10:32:52 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
A SoulCalibur Reboot which re-tells the SoulEdge/Blade story with a storymode like in MK9 and brings back all SoulEdge characters including guys like Han Myong which were just a costume swap back in the day but could be completely individual characters.
#119  March 11, 2014, 11:00:05 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#120  March 11, 2014, 11:12:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
a dom-plot-based kof game with artwork/sprites like the pachinko kof/aof games.