YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1692735 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (NEW: Eagle) Rowen's POTS/Infinite Edits
#21  June 11, 2019, 03:40:24 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I feel Varo's Blanka is decent enough, with a good moveset, though the Shout of Thunder (3p) could do with some fixes.
Trololo's Balrog has a decent enough, though lacks the Turn Punch charge damage and Proper sprites for the Level 3.
When you say Warusaki's Zangief, do you mean Varo's? Waru's is CVS2 style though I know there was one PotS edit of it.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#22  June 11, 2019, 03:53:45 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
When you say Warusaki's Zangief, do you mean Varo's? Waru's is CVS2 style though I know there was one PotS edit of it.

I never knew Varo made a Zangief (link me if you have it). Does this mean you only edit Pots type characters?
#23  June 11, 2019, 04:03:52 pm
    • UK
Here.
PotS chars are what I edit, but you never know what's gonna come though aswell.
WIP Schedule:
#24  June 11, 2019, 04:27:35 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Varo's Blanka has a serious problem with the commands, I had to edit it to make him playable. Take Vega by Froz for example, or any character that need to charge buttons, Blanka's commands were too hard to execute. Also some of his sprites have default color even when you select another palette. His supers have a bit of delay on the Anim that I also had to change, it's very easy to block them.

Balrog by Trololo, IIRW, didn't have the name of the supers in Super Finish, also his AI was too cheap for such a "normal" character like him. He can also cancel lvl1 supers in other (or the same) lvl1 super, which should not be possible.

These are some of the things I remember from them. Varo's Zangief otherwise was pretty decent, didn't remember any problem with him.
#25  June 11, 2019, 04:35:19 pm
    • Greece
How about an update to victory's Mr Karate with cvs sprites and AI? that would be awesome.Of course it needs a lot of work and it is just my suggestion.
#26  June 11, 2019, 04:45:16 pm
    • UK
How about an update to victory's Mr Karate with cvs sprites and AI? that would be awesome.Of course it needs a lot of work and it is just my suggestion.

Not sure about the sprites, because the color seperation would have to be redone completely.
I can handle the AI part though.
WIP Schedule:
#27  June 11, 2019, 05:59:03 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Another issue with Trolo's boxer (and his Adon as well), is that there are supers that are too safe on block.  Gigaton Blow is +9 on block.
#28  June 11, 2019, 06:42:57 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Roberts intro against Ken is broken in simul,not sure if its your version or the original robert was like this.
#29  June 11, 2019, 06:46:01 pm
    • UK
Roberts intro against Ken is broken in simul,not sure if its your version or the original robert was like this.

Likely the original aswell, simul isn't good with intros in general.
WIP Schedule:
#30  June 11, 2019, 06:59:00 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

I second that, and maybe AI for DW's Kula.
#31  June 11, 2019, 07:14:45 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Varo's Blanka has a serious problem with the commands, I had to edit it to make him playable. Take Vega by Froz for example, or any character that need to charge buttons, Blanka's commands were too hard to execute. Also some of his sprites have default color even when you select another palette. His supers have a bit of delay on the Anim that I also had to change, it's very easy to block them.
The main problem with varo's Blanka is that it's essentially Gal129's Blanka in a POTS styled template. In that sense it's pretty much a Frankenstein's monster of a character, because some things came from Descolor and H too.

Many of the problems with Gal's version carry over varo's version as a result, like horrible veloticies and data in general. You can notice that he probably did not studied CvS2 Blanka that much when looking at his Ground Shave Rolling super, as it doesn't connect for the sweet extra damage when close. I'm saying all of this because I first tried to edit his Blanka into something decent but then I noticed it was going to be more than to just tweaking things here and there.

I honestly do recommend editing varo's characters as they need a lot of work.
#32  June 11, 2019, 07:27:57 pm
    • UK
The Varo char I'm not keen on the most is Birdie, because the LVL3 afterimages do not appear during The Birdie even though they are set to (I tried to fix this but nothin').
He also has this OC Super where he stomps the opponent but it doesn't look very appealing, I'm also not comfortable with it being a grab, it should've been an OTG similar to Soy Sauce's Yamazaki's Finishing Blow.
His MAX Supers also do a Level 3's Damage.

I'd give him his SFV CA as the Level 3, putting The Birdie at LVL1/2, but there's probably no sprites for it, especially for the chains.
Edit: If I were to edit him, I'd probably put an original move, though acting similar to the CA.

I could update his Asura (Buckus' version) to have the sounds, more PotS FX and a Power Charge.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:32:40 am by RagingRowen
#33  June 12, 2019, 01:06:14 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#34  June 12, 2019, 03:59:44 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
These are some nice updates.  On Varo's Zangief, it still needs updates as the hitboxes (especially the throws) needs some work.
#35  June 12, 2019, 04:31:37 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Ever considered doing an update on Lost_Avenger & Rtrindade's Cody? I recall the original release had some issues with the commands being, unusual which isn't the biggest problem but I do recall he was missing his level 3 super bg's and just had red instead, not to mention I recall there being some issues with the .sff patch someone released after by dampir where some of the animations were off or something.
#36  June 12, 2019, 08:56:59 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here's a suggestion if you plan to do more edits of Jmorphman or Knuckles8864's characters. Can you make the hitsparks bigger? Those two like to make their hitsparks smaller on their characters for some reason and it would be nice you make them on your edits bigger for the purpose of consistency with PotS style characters. Keep them the same exact size as PotS's own characters. Didn't think you would do an edit for them and a little on the late side, so thought I tell you now.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#37  June 12, 2019, 12:55:08 pm
    • UK
Hitsparks sizes don't fuss me that much, I think it's more about the character having the sparks in the first place.
WIP Schedule:
#38  June 12, 2019, 01:20:52 pm
I could update his Asura (Buckus' version) to have the sounds, more PotS FX and a Power Charge.
You might also want to fix the SGS glitch where when his opponent guard his SGS, it miss which is actually suppose to be unblockable

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#39  June 12, 2019, 01:42:10 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Was going to suggest you to edit Lurker s saisyu
#40  June 12, 2019, 05:08:31 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

Totally on it, i've made his suggestion my own, along with Cyborg/Shotoborg and Evil Ryu from the same author bro.