YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247707 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#221  July 06, 2020, 05:57:06 am
    • USA
    • soraphd@gmail.com

Oh wow, I'm happy to see you back Sean! I was notified on YT that you came back. I know you probably already have the roster set in stone at this point, but I'd like to throw in Bowser  by K6666 as a suggestion.
#222  July 06, 2020, 06:31:27 am
Just a heads up, Sean, Adamas was NOT in the last build of CvTW even with all its patches: he was released as a standalone character. Gonna quote you on that:

So I updated Adamas pretty thoroughly so that I could add him to CvTW. I also realized I hadn't released any stand-alone characters in quite some time so I figured why not release the new version of Adamas as an individual character rather than an update or an add-on. That being said, this character adheres mostly to CvTW gameplay (4 buttons, UT, CvTW Super commands, same combo system, etc.). Below is an abbreviated list of changes from SHADEs 2 Adamas and some screenshots.

Don't forget to include him in the full game!

Also, new stages are a must, since it's getting a little crowded out there. New stages are needed to showcase more fighters and there's gonna be 14 more of them. Hopefully you can at least contact EXShadow/Vibrant if necessary.
#223  July 06, 2020, 07:17:52 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@NeroX

Whoa, those sprites are awesome. Are those from a game or are they done by the author?

@GreenZed

Ohhhhh, I completely forgot about that. I actually probably won't include him for personal reasons, I thought he was already in there and didn't see any reason to take him out, lol.

I will add a couple of stages as long as they fit the general aesthetic and don't seem redundant. I downloaded a couple of JB's stages he released while I was gone, along with that train stage suggested earlier.

Download Last Bout now!
#224  July 06, 2020, 07:52:40 am
    • USA
    • soraphd@gmail.com
#225  July 06, 2020, 08:23:17 am
    • Mexico
#226  July 06, 2020, 08:43:31 am
    • Brazil
Well, they were enough to make a MUGEN character.
#227  July 06, 2020, 08:03:09 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Bowser would be interesting as an addition to the roster. Think of the dialogue he could have with Bob Hoskins Mario.
#228  July 06, 2020, 08:32:28 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I downloaded the character last night and I agree with Nemuresu, there's not enough animations there for a CvTW version, would be a lot of weird or repeat normals and the big cinematic L3 wouldn't really fit in with the game's overall style. Very cool character in its own right, though.

Download Last Bout now!
#229  July 06, 2020, 08:41:21 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Eh, Dennis Hopper Bowser would've fit better anyway

Don't think...obey
#230  July 07, 2020, 01:12:09 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Here's Kung Fu Man in all his glory! Plus a new preview of Fiona with all her proper sounds.

Should I get a VA for Kung Fu Man or make him silent?

Download Last Bout now!
#231  July 07, 2020, 01:29:39 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Personally, I'd give KFM the only three sound bites he has. Can't go wrong with "HM", "TAH" and "Oooowaaaaaah."

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#232  July 07, 2020, 05:03:44 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I would say give it a shot, keeping him as basic KFM is fine but if you'd like to see how the voice samples would be, go for it. Also I'm assuming you'd prefer the original design over the version by Oggy right?

I was going to suggest for KFM's SGS/Raging Demon, maybe adding a bit more spectacle if you were ok with that, something maybe a bit more like Akuma's SFV version where there's moments in the darkness where you can see him just fade in and strike on opposing sides with palm strikes and finishing with the big shoulder thrust

More like this I guess

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I threw together a really rough animation just using existing sprites as an example, if he finishes someone off with it maybe you can have the old Mugen logo appear instead of the kanji someone like Akuma gets (or maybe the kanji for mugen??) eitherway just my own suggestions, progress is looking great dude, glad to see it all coming together!
#233  July 07, 2020, 05:05:38 am
Random snippets I have regarding the game after playing it again for a bit:

K' menu select icon should be updated to reflect his new spriteset.

Rorschach zeppelin win pose should be only after round 2/3.

Just a reminder, that Strider has no AI. Hes meter also dosen't build when using taunt.

Ryu still have dialogue boxes, even with Capcom characters.

There's also the matter of Announcer. From what I understand, the original announcer VA is no longer on this forum, and it's still missing some audio bits, such as Double K.O. Might be something worth looking into.

Also, do you plan to give Jotaro english VA?
Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:09:06 am by GreenZed
#234  July 07, 2020, 07:10:19 am
    • Mexico
KFM looks top tier. Fiona also looks more dynamic now. Love it! I gotta ask though, for K' are you going to keep the option to swap between the original Dampir spritesheet and the newer one based on KOF XIII? I personally prefer it aesthetically and gameplay wise, don't know if anybody else feels that way.
#235  July 07, 2020, 07:16:46 am
    • Brazil
Here's Kung Fu Man in all his glory! Plus a new preview of Fiona with all her proper sounds.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/sJVUIHS7LJs[/youtube]

Should I get a VA for Kung Fu Man or make him silent?
Looking really cool. I don't think you need a VA, but don't make him too silent either, maybe get onomatopoeias from another character, and let him have that, kinda like the original KFM, but more frequently. I also like XANDERAC's idea for the lvl 3.
#236  July 07, 2020, 09:42:49 am
VA for sure. I'm making my KFM for my very own fullgame and he has his own voice (from other video game).
#237  July 07, 2020, 11:17:45 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
I could try my hand at the announcer, if we still need it.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#238  July 07, 2020, 11:49:09 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
By the way, Sean, i read that you were going to add stages that fit JB's style, here's a HR version of Kung Fu Man's Mountside Temple.

https://rurouniroad.blogspot.com/p/original-stages.html

That's the author's site, he has some more stages with these attributes.

There's two versions, Sunny & Rainy, if you want me to help by editing some details just like how i did with those SHADES 3 stages, just let me know.

Previews for you, if you are interested:

#239  July 08, 2020, 01:43:29 am
  • If something smells, it wasn't me I swear.
    • USA
    • Skype - Thewayofthestoner
I'm really digging that KFM, though as a comment above already described, it could use a bit of spicing up with the Lv3, but I'm hella glad he made it in, even if he's always been a joke request for me.
In Bigley we trust
#240  July 08, 2020, 08:31:56 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I say give Kung Fu Man a voice. This is a good opportunity to spruce the guy up a bit!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack