YesNoOk

Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)  (Read 1548055 times)

Started by MDCGD, October 19, 2020, 02:27:55 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)
#41  April 02, 2021, 01:35:11 pm
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
Because the style of sprite I'm looking for is the z2. However, this will be at least 5 years from now.
#42  April 02, 2021, 05:36:56 pm
    • USA
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
#43  April 19, 2021, 06:00:12 am
    • USA
Hey MDCGD have you thought about adding special intros or interactions with the characters in the roster?
Like the Hulk and Doomsday wrestling with each other in a similar manner to the special intro between Zangief and Raiden in Capcom vs SNK 2 or where Flash challenges Superman to a race, referencing their previous match ups in comics before the round starts.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#44  April 20, 2021, 02:53:11 am
    • USA
Hey MDCGD have you thought about adding special intros or interactions with the characters in the roster?
Like the Hulk and Doomsday wrestling with each other in a similar manner to the special intro between Zangief and Raiden in Capcom vs SNK 2 or where Flash challenges Superman to a race, referencing their previous match ups in comics before the round starts.

yessir! I have.
#45  April 20, 2021, 06:48:32 am
    • USA
That's cool. Do you have ideas already planned out or are they still in the rough phase? Also do you mind if I share some special intros ideas made from the roster you have planned?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#46  April 20, 2021, 07:47:50 am
    • USA
That's cool. Do you have ideas already planned out or are they still in the rough phase? Also do you mind if I share some special intros ideas made from the roster you have planned?

Not fully fleshed out, yet. Besides, the Doomsday/Hulk scenario which was an obvious choice. I'd like to wait until I have more of my roster done before I start working on special intros.
Shoot me a DM with your ideas.
#47  April 20, 2021, 03:50:05 pm
    • USA
Ok sounds cool. Where can I DM you specifically? By the way how are you doing and how is the project going so far?
Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:53:37 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#48  April 22, 2021, 12:57:13 am
    • USA
Ok sounds cool. Where can I DM you specifically? By the way how are you doing and how is the project going so far?

Click my username and send me a message. I'm good the project is cool, just trying to work out a little issue with file size.
#49  April 22, 2021, 03:25:31 am
    • USA
Ok. Sounds good. I'll send a message to you when the I have enough posts, cause I don't think I'm allowed to at the moment. By the way what's the file size issue? And how is the progress of Hulk and Wonder Woman going so far?
#50  April 22, 2021, 10:47:24 pm
    • USA
Ok. Sounds good. I'll send a message to you when the I have enough posts, cause I don't think I'm allowed to at the moment. By the way what's the file size issue? And how is the progress of Hulk and Wonder Woman going so far?

Mugen sometimes freezes because of the SFF file size. I'm using HD resolution characters. This is happening mainly with Doomsday, since he is the biggest character I can only assume this issue will continue with my other big characters (hulk,Thanos,Darkseid,etc). Its a combination of PCX file size and how many frames I'm using per animation. I feel like I have a decent processor my laptop is only about 6 years old.

I can't continue with Wonder Woman and Hulk until I solve this issue. Because I want to create outfit swaps which will increase the file size even MORE.
#51  April 23, 2021, 03:50:38 pm
    • USA
Man, that heavy. Have you talked to anyone on  Mugenguild on this issue? Someone could possible have a solution to this. Also what outfits have you thought about including?
#52  April 23, 2021, 07:46:57 pm
    • USA
Man, that heavy. Have you talked to anyone on  Mugenguild on this issue? Someone could possible have a solution to this. Also what outfits have you thought about including?

I have on discord. I've found a solution. I'm sacrificing the resolution size of each sprite by 50% that will reduce the file size enough.

I'll be losing some detail but it will stop crashing.

As far as outfits is concerned...I'd say 50% will be original and 50% classics. I'm looking at about 3 or 4 per character.
Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:04:10 am by MDCGD
#53  April 25, 2021, 06:59:28 am
    • USA
That's cool you found the solution dude. By the way what where the inspirations behind your designs for the cast, cause the Flash's design reminds me of his Earth Two design, which is pretty cool. Also there is a typo with the word "ebough".
#54  April 25, 2021, 08:19:31 am
    • USA
That's cool you found the solution dude. By the way what where the inspirations behind your designs for the cast, cause the Flash's design reminds me of his Earth Two design, which is pretty cool. Also there is a typo with the word "ebough".

I didn't really have an inspiration for that flash design. The movie's "armor" style is the closest I can think of to it but I wanted something more sleek and stylish. The movie's outfit was really his first suit in the movie so it was suppose to be prototype-ish. I was just thinking of something realistic. Say, if Iron-man and Lucius Fox designed the suit for him.
#55  April 25, 2021, 09:27:21 am
    • USA
That cool. The sleek armour is a nice design choice and an interesting twist on The Flash's usual spandex outfit. So where do you get most of your inspirations for the designs? Do you take ideas from multiple sources, like the comics, cartoons, movies or something else entirely?
Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:31:03 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#56  April 26, 2021, 10:09:34 am
    • USA
That cool. The sleek armour is a nice design choice and an interesting twist on The Flash's usual spandex outfit. So where do you get most of your inspirations for the designs? Do you take ideas from multiple sources, like the comics, cartoons, movies or something else entirely?

I use comics,cartoons, movies, and other games to make sure my new designs fit the character's style and personality.

#57  April 26, 2021, 03:26:50 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

I have on discord. I've found a solution. I'm sacrificing the resolution size of each sprite by 50% that will reduce the file size enough.

As far as outfits is concerned...I'd say 50% will be original and 50% classics. I'm looking at about 3 or 4 per character.

When add sprites to ff always mark "cut after axis"
In this style no color need more than 16 shades.. so. Use one line for each color.
Render it in magenta, yellow, blue, green, cyan, and other colors like that, as "mask colors" i call this process "palete zero" it will turn easy to create paletes, every char in mugen had at least 6. Rendering on his color 1 will give issues when try to create new colors.
If you reduce the color amount the file size will several reduce too.
Atack animations really don't need to be 60 or 30 fps... 24 fps is pretty ok for a hd char. The coding axis will put his magic on it. And will seems cool in action
Also, about size, thats no reason to a sprite be bigger than a blazblue sprite. This will work properly only in full hd monitors. People with 768* vertical pixels or 1024* no will see diference.
A marvel vs capcom 3 inspired, or guilty gear xrd inspired shader can help on color amount reduction too.
Good luck with your project... This is getting cool.
#58  April 28, 2021, 01:02:32 pm
    • USA

When add sprites to ff always mark "cut after axis"
In this style no color need more than 16 shades.. so. Use one line for each color.
Render it in magenta, yellow, blue, green, cyan, and other colors like that, as "mask colors" i call this process "palete zero" it will turn easy to create paletes, every char in mugen had at least 6. Rendering on his color 1 will give issues when try to create new colors.
If you reduce the color amount the file size will several reduce too.
Atack animations really don't need to be 60 or 30 fps... 24 fps is pretty ok for a hd char. The coding axis will put his magic on it. And will seems cool in action
Also, about size, thats no reason to a sprite be bigger than a blazblue sprite. This will work properly only in full hd monitors. People with 768* vertical pixels or 1024* no will see diference.
A marvel vs capcom 3 inspired, or guilty gear xrd inspired shader can help on color amount reduction too.
Good luck with your project... This is getting cool.

How do I select magenta, yellow, blue, green, cyan for my render?
 I personally feel that my character sprites looks its best when I use 255 colors. I don't want to reduce it.
Making other palettes is my main problem because of this. A lot of the colors tend to "bleed" into other colors (particularly when I use motion blur) and I do not wish to color separate 3000+ frames.
#59  April 28, 2021, 03:33:19 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
This black lines in flash are preventing you to receive oranges, between red and yellow. But the gray amount is insane. I think 16 colors for each red.  16 for yellows. 8 blacks and 8 whites is suficient to mimic something like marvel vs capcom 3 comic shader

Just turn of antialiasing.
Use flat colors (let the light, shadow setings work to give tones)
And use mask colors (true red 255.000.000)
True yellow(255.255.000)
And always like it.
Pick the lightest shade of red after rendering 1 frame.
Also... The darkest shade of red too

In ff select a entire row... Click gradient tool.. and create a 16 colors gradient between the 2 reds

Make a row for each color...
You can try 2 or 3 rows if you think you need...

This palete will be your palete zero
That no apears on the game.. just for developers
Also... Keep in mind, the moment to separate every parts
Is before render anything, theres no point on using blender, than manual edit renders. It must be perfect separated before render.
Btw for flash motion blur. You can create a new flash.. with transparent parts of boddy. And render the effect separated only with yellow and red parts... Will be cool
#60  April 28, 2021, 07:19:30 pm
    • USA
This black lines in flash are preventing you to receive oranges, between red and yellow. But the gray amount is insane. I think 16 colors for each red.  16 for yellows. 8 blacks and 8 whites is suficient to mimic something like marvel vs capcom 3 comic shader

Just turn of antialiasing.
Use flat colors (let the light, shadow setings work to give tones)
And use mask colors (true red 255.000.000)
True yellow(255.255.000)
And always like it.
Pick the lightest shade of red after rendering 1 frame.
Also... The darkest shade of red too

In ff select a entire row... Click gradient tool.. and create a 16 colors gradient between the 2 reds

Make a row for each color...
You can try 2 or 3 rows if you think you need...

This palete will be your palete zero
That no apears on the game.. just for developers
Also... Keep in mind, the moment to separate every parts
Is before render anything, theres no point on using blender, than manual edit renders. It must be perfect separated before render.
Btw for flash motion blur. You can create a new flash.. with transparent parts of boddy. And render the effect separated only with yellow and red parts... Will be cool

This is the reason I use anti-alias. I discover this problem with Storm. Because her outfit has small details, these details aren't clearly distinguishable without anti-alias.

The motion blur is not just for the Flash. Its to help enhance the animations transition between frames so that it may appear more smooth with less frames. Yes I know I can make a separate render but I'm trying to lessen the sff file size remember?

And my mesh have texture so how would I pick the colors before my render?
Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:30:30 pm by MDCGD