YesNoOk

Add a new submenu? (Read 2405 times)

Started by Phonej, January 03, 2021, 08:58:34 pm
Share this topic:
Add a new submenu?
#1  January 03, 2021, 08:58:34 pm
    • USA
Currently trying to convert Devon's MFH from mugen 1.1 to Ikemen Go, Mainly just trying to add a basic Network option in the main menu

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-fighting-heroes-186644.0.html

I am new to this, and i am just kind of taking some shots in the dark of what to do here, and would appreciate some guidance if possible

It appears that the actual menus work, but the options do not appear.

Heres what the title definition looks like in system.def

http://prntscr.com/weixe9

There are numbers that are referencing something in

menu.itemname.training= "3"
menu.itemname.watch= "4"
menu.itemname.options= "5"
menu.itemname.exit= "6"

I tried to open system.def in fighter factory to find out what they were, and didnt really find any coorelation between the numbers and the sprites that were included which leads me to believe that they are fonts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:43:58 am by Phonej
Re: Add a new submenu?
#2  January 04, 2021, 12:39:05 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
That screenpack is heavy on using fonts for UI elements tbh you'd probably also have a bad time with the team menu in the select screen as well, among other things.
So yeah, probably not the best choice for a conversion for a beginner.
#3  January 04, 2021, 12:45:05 am
    • USA
That screenpack is heavy on using fonts for UI elements tbh you'd probably also have a bad time with the team menu in the select screen as well, among other things.
So yeah, probably not the best choice for a conversion for a beginner.

Yeah Ive fucked around with it for around 2 days now, and you are right, Are you aware of any 1280x720 screenpacks for ikemen? Or something that would be easier to convert for a beginner?
#4  January 04, 2021, 02:45:30 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Maybe try the world warriors X screenpack (the pink one). A large chunk of it is minor edited from the base mugen 1.0 motif without any font mods so you might find it easier to understand.
#5  January 04, 2021, 06:43:47 am
    • USA
Maybe try the world warriors X screenpack (the pink one). A large chunk of it is minor edited from the base mugen 1.0 motif without any font mods so you might find it easier to understand.

Beautiful, thanks very much