by ZVitor, Warecuz, Arkady, & Acey
additional code by MystikBlaze
additional HyperFinish BG sprites by winane
edits by Swanky
Download Scarlet Witch
Scarlet Witch was one of the more unique characters in AvX to me. Ever looking to adding more stuff to my roster,
I decided to give her some updates and touch ups. Overall her gameplay hasn't shifted from the original avx release,
she still is a great zoner with some interesting mechanics to keep the enemy on their toes.
Version 1.0 initial release
- added a list of bosses and characters with super armor to statedef -2. Add your own to make them vulnerable to Hex Box and Dark Pillar.
- all heavy normals were rebalanced damage wise. She does less damage compared to the AvX release but more consistent comboing.
- fixed several inconsistent hittimes for normals
- corrected hitflag for statedef 1110 (Dark Pillar), should now be able to OTG
- Hex Box and Dark Pillar can now hit boss type & super armor type characters
- Hex Blast Hyper can now hit boss type & super armor type characters
- Revitalize Hyper regenerates more life
- added aerial and crouching push block
- added counter (requires 1 bar, B,DB,D, P)
- shortened liedown time
- added Hyper Combo Finish BG
- touch ups to the AI, it should now be zoning more thoroughly while being more menacing in melee range.
- new portrait (old one is still present if you want to switch it back)
- normalized normals some more. Comboing is now consistent if dependant on distance, height and get up time of the opponent. Max combo damage should vary between 460 - 550 dmg.
- fixed Hex Blast not hitting bosses
- fixed a typo in the quotes
- slightly raised her Magic Beam hyper
- anything else that needs fixing
Scarlet Witch can use various means of keeping the enemy away and under pressure - Ground Seal, Dark Pillar, Hex Box all work together zoning the opponent out. Should they get too close however, Scarlet Witch can easily zigzag combos into Hex Box. Note that she is missing a dedicated opener to enter combos, so getting off a full combo is less consistent as it is with other characters.
Hex Box acts as a one time reset and extend to combos as well, so it is the most important move in her extended toolset.
An opponent cannot be hexed more than once per combo. She still retains her repel melee and projectile specials, and they also work
Scarlet Witch is not adept in aerial combat however. She only has a basic combo and no aerial specials available.
This is an extended combo example.
sWP, sWK, sMK, sHK -> QCF B -> QCF P (reset) -> sWP, sMP, sHP -> QCF KK
Buttons & Moveset (as per original Readme)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
My other releases
I will be keeping her separate from the main download for the time being; once I am sure there will be no more updates I'll be shifting her over into the main download.