YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1011034 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#5101  September 23, 2019, 04:35:05 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Ad Astra

I really enjoyed the film. Don't think it's for the average moviegoer though, and I fear it'll be a confirmed flop once the weekend box office results are out. Shame if it is, since this the rare sober (despite the amazing fx), character driven sci fi we rarely see on screen.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:56:08 am by Foobs
#5102  December 22, 2019, 01:25:06 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
The Rise of Skywalker

No worries, no spoiler. Oh man... What can i say? Rise of Skywalker SUCKS! :(

The reason they gave to us about how Palpatine returned and the connection with Snoke was ridiculous and even not all the questions about that was answered. One of many, MANY plot holes that Rise of Skywalker leaves and the deconstruction of all the whole story around the franchise is just sad.

No afraid to say that Rise of Skywalker is probably the worst Star Wars movie. Yep, worst than The Phantom Menace. "Congratulations" Disney and LucasArts...
#5103  July 27, 2020, 09:54:48 pm
Ad Astra.

Review: This the classic case of a high budget movie ruined by bad writing.

6/10.
#5104  July 27, 2020, 11:25:59 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
The Giant Gila Monster

A lot less worse than I anticipated, but maybe that is because my brothers and I were making fun of it.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#5105  September 18, 2020, 09:46:13 am
The Forbidden Kingdom
My take on it: Cool movie classic jakie and jet lee did an awsome job if you like action movies you should check this out
Leatherheads
My opinion:  a 1920's football romantic movie woppie fricken do, it's got good story and acting though it is not my type of show, it was funny at some parts as well :)
#5106  July 13, 2021, 05:16:21 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just watched Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness. It's disappointing. If you're expecting over the top action scenes it's toned down here. Really toned down. Surprisingly focuses on the drama which is kind of weak especially in episode 3. 2 new characters I feel like were wasted due to bad writing. Plot is all too similar to the usual X-Files government conspiracy. Now why this is in episode format (close to 30 minutes each) is most likely Netflix knew the fans will be turned off with this one.

I give it a 4 out of 10. It's definitely the weakest from all the previous Resident Evil CGI films. Even the live action starrring Milla Jovovich was fun. Sure it was dumb but it was fun (except 3 obviously). Had great potential more as a videogame.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#5107  October 11, 2021, 05:21:13 pm
  • SNK is life
007 No Time To Die

Daniel Craig's final hurrah as James Bond goes out with a bang. The Car Chases are insane, the action in general is great, the cinematography is very rich as are the locations where the movie was filmed, and the supporting cast does a fine job too. Super recommended, go watch it in cinemas! (So I have someone to talk about it, because there's a lot to unpack)
#5108  October 11, 2021, 11:42:25 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
No Time To Die is really fucking good. I'm glad Craig got to go out on such a high note.
#5109  October 12, 2021, 01:23:28 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The bridge of madison is really good movie about true love 10/10

Injustice 2021 was another point of view about a bad Superman dominating the entire world 10/10
Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 04:23:29 am by yaret
#5110  November 22, 2021, 05:43:55 pm
    • USA
Last movie I watched.....the Human Centipede trilogy.

Review: It's torture shit (literally; especially the 2nd one)

I don't really need to go into any more detail other than if you can't stomach the first, DO NOT watch the sequels.
#5111  November 22, 2021, 08:43:23 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Dune.
I didn't like Dune, it looks awesome, I mean, it is shot in a way that is a joy to the eyes, but the movie itself feels way too long to tell a not that interesting story.
I know where they came, this story is the base to a lot of stories that came after, nevertheless, even when every piece of it is great, acting, direction and stuff, the story feels empty, and the ending is worst than that from The Fellowship of the Ring.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#5112  November 27, 2021, 12:53:06 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Just watched "Welcome to Raccoon CITY".

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Best of the movie are some random songs from those years, Black Widow like jumping Licker and Wesker being naked(well, you can just see his torso, nothing more. Same with Chris, but the guy is blurry and Claire makes fun of his chest being shaved).

I swear there was something cool here!!
#5113  April 21, 2022, 04:46:08 pm
    • Dominica
Sonic 2

The reviews about the films says this one is worse than the first film but I enjoyed a lot more this one.
Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 04:50:24 pm by yaret
#5114  July 03, 2022, 12:42:52 am
Lightyear
It was a really good movie. Like, not modern MCU level of bombastic, but good enough for a solid Pixar.
There were like 5 people in my Saturday night week 2 showing, because the marketing fucking murdered it. Recently I realized I hadn't heard a single word about it for like a year so I looked it up and realized it was coming out in a week, I can't understand how Disney / Pixar's marketing just dropped it so bad. And the trailers until then didn't show anything of what the movie was actually going to be about beside fighting the robots of the big bad that was mentioned in Toy Story, all it said was "there's going to be a lightspeed travel involved, and also time" and that's it, we were left to piece out everything else from scraps. I went in with no idea if it was even supposed to be a kids movie only or if it was going to be a bit enjoyable. It was the latter, but I was annoyed to be going in blind that much. I'm assuming adults and old Toy Story fans thought it was going to be a kids movie only, and parents didn't see anything interesting in the shitty trailers, which were not saying anything and just showing a lot of stuff and cartoon science talk.

The first ~20 minutes were super weird and a bit off putting, making you fear the hate was justified, but then it get really well done. It's another "character arc" movie where the story creates its own problem to resolve through the movie and the emphasize is on the character growth, so it's maybe not super interesting for a modern sci-fi story, but it's good spectacle. All the hate really is just about the minute of lesbian representation.

Sonic 2
Much better than the first film. Carrey's Robotnik got a big upgrade, and we finally have a movie studio that decided to actually take the game's content and just put it on a movie and not fuck it up with a dumb story. It's pretty much exactly the games, which is super refreshing for a video game movie.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 12:47:00 am by Byakko
#5115  July 11, 2022, 05:57:37 pm
    • Dominica
Dragon ball super heroe movie

the movie started well but as the movie continues with the script the movie became so predictable, the CGI runs at 30fps, it looks like a low budget movie and this movie doesn't have any spectacular moments because the producer doesn't know how to use the CGI correctly.

The last fight was an insult to the cell's saga and the character himself.
#5116  July 24, 2022, 10:50:30 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just watched "Welcome to Raccoon CITY".

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Best of the movie are some random songs from those years, Black Widow like jumping Licker and Wesker being naked(well, you can just see his torso, nothing more. Same with Chris, but the guy is blurry and Claire makes fun of his chest being shaved).

I just watched it on Netflix just a few days ago. Unpopular opinion but I thought it was actually good. If you are looking for a more grounded and much closer to the source material this is the adaptation for you. I actually like the Leon actor who was Indian. Now bi-racial Jill Valentine I am still struggling even after watching the film. One problem with the film is that there are too many protagonists. I think this would have been better as a 2 part movie or a series but we already have a Netflix adaptation for that.

Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10. If one doesn't like the film that is quite understandable especially when they're a big fan of the videogame. Personally I think it is better than the first Resident Evil film with Milla Jovovich in it. I hated the fact they killed Michelle Rodriguez off so soon. At least she gets to be back in the best and worst Resident Evil. Y'know. The one with the holodeck from Star Trek full of clones.  :bjugoi:
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.