YesNoOk

FeLo's Horror Circus (Read 1147889 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, March 22, 2009, 11:40:10 am
Re: FeLo's Horror Circus
#721  June 22, 2013, 10:57:36 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Thanks people!!

- Walt: is not insecurity...is just me trying to mimic Judas' ESPer style in a smaller scale(nahhhh malas excusas, jajajaj). I know I have TONES to learn tough, and what you said(those black dots and the black outlines), is true :P. Also, black massive outlines also saves me some time :P(Welcome to Lazy Town :P!!)

- Aldo: Thanks! That Ace directly coems from his SFEX3 artwork :P.

- Graphicus: You're right, that black superdot has no sense in Jay's knee. I'll fix that later :)!

- Judas: My first thought for making Ace's sprite was, YES, Haiji, but then I saw Ace's artwork from SFEX3 and thought it could be an innovative stand pose, relaxed, self-confident, powerful. Thought it would fit him better than copying Haiji's main stance. As I said to Graphicus, I'll fix the dotted-knee on DJ and then I'll apply it to the other one(dunno why I did just the opposite O.o). Then, the dots...Maybe making lines rather than dots, and then applying a darker skin tone to the area beneath could fit? I really don't know, but I definitively try it :D! About the black colour...it's my very fault U_U. When i DLed your ESPer sprites(for references...but you use intermediate colours that I don't, cause I'm lazy O.o!), I put the black(paint) as transparency and directly applied the outlines, so I assumed it was that colour. Anyway, it's not something to be worried about, and easily fixable :). Thanks for those nipticks :D

-  Mr. Karate: Thanks!! Unfortunately, I don't accept requests. At least not untill I finish C.Viper, and two collaborations I have around there.

OK, now I'm accepting suggestions...next bunch will consist in:

- Gouken, Seth, E. Ryu(SF4 look)
 OR
- Lucia, Rolento, Sodom

Make your choices!!  As there are 2 options, I'll leave the "poll" to 3 answers, so as they could draw in the first two, the third answer would make the cut :P

Have a nice day!!

I swear there was something cool here!!
#722  June 22, 2013, 11:09:22 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Gouken, Seth & EVIL RYU. Regarding Ace, curious I never saw that art before :P
Chilling
Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:13:20 am by Aldo
#723  June 22, 2013, 02:15:08 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Final Fiiiiiiiiiight.

Lucia gets nowhere near enough love.
#724  June 22, 2013, 02:26:42 pm
#725  June 22, 2013, 03:48:21 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Maaaaan... There' a reason I mentioned Haiji before.

Here's the original art. Haiji Mibu of Daraku Tenshi. I recognized that art instantly.
#726  June 22, 2013, 08:40:51 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
RE-RE-RESURRECTION!!!
- Ace(from SF-EX3)
- Dhalsim
- Dee Jay (original base by eFeX!!)
- T. Hawk
- FIX on Mike(SF1)

Have a nice day!!

That are quite awesome sprites.

I wrote about Ace from SFEX just 2 weeks ago and made that article with his image from sfex 3 you linked to. If you have nothing against it, i will feature your sprite art on game art hq. A 2D version of Ace would fit very well into the article^^
#727  June 22, 2013, 08:57:51 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post. The Ace art in that article isn't Ace art at all. It's the very Haiji Mibu art I posted, except with the head from Ace's bust art rotated and pasted on. I'm a fan of FeLo's sprite, but the art it's based on is some seriously weak unofficial tripe. Bootlegging Haiji makes Ace infinitely more awesome than he could ever be on his own, yes, but that piece of "art" is weaksauce. As far as I know, that bust art is the only legitimate art of Ace. The Haiji headswap has been floating around the internet for a while now, and it's garbage.
#728  June 22, 2013, 09:27:26 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Oh so that Ace Art is just bootlegged Haiji art, pretty interesting. I gotta say it´s pretty lazy thought. Waiting for the next batch.
Chilling
#729  June 22, 2013, 09:39:29 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post. The Ace art in that article isn't Ace art at all. It's the very Haiji Mibu art I posted, except with the head from Ace's bust art rotated and pasted on. I'm a fan of FeLo's sprite, but the art it's based on is some seriously weak unofficial tripe. Bootlegging Haiji makes Ace infinitely more awesome than he could ever be on his own, yes, but that piece of "art" is weaksauce. As far as I know, that bust art is the only legitimate art of Ace. The Haiji headswap has been floating around the internet for a while now, and it's garbage.

^^ Holy shit, after comparing the two images now side by side its obvious that its indeed a headswap. Wonder who made it, i remember seeing it years ago on the Street Fighter wikia http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Ace

I leave the image on my site but will add the info that its not an official Ace illustration and just a head-swap image floating around in the net based on the Haji Mibu art.

Thanks for the help
#730  June 22, 2013, 09:52:01 pm
- Judas: Ohhhmy...Oooohmy!! I'm then wrong as Hell!! I was VERY convinced about that pose to be Ace' artwork. Anyway, I'll leave the sprite as it is, just adding the detals of Ace's outfit from SFEX, added to Ace's supercoolness :)!

- GBK: Please, be my guest :). If you need more sprites, you can use those from my DevArt :).

Well, come on people!! Just ONE answer will decide the winner!! Super cool nostalgia from Final Fight or the last 3 characters from SF4!!

PS: Forgot to say: SF1, SF2 and SFZero(strictly from the saga, not counting people from FF or whatever) bunches are complete!
#731  June 22, 2013, 09:56:08 pm
    • USA
They didnt even bother to make his head skin color match the body hahahaha

Thank god that wasnt officially made by Capcom, that would be embarrassing.
#732  June 22, 2013, 10:02:47 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Alrighty, somewhen next week or the week after i ll write a blog article with some of your sprite art and will feature your dA profile there as well ^^ You build a pretty cool portfolio there.

@The poll, i think the SFIV characters would be pretty cool in your style, especially Seth.
#733  June 24, 2013, 11:48:45 am
So..SF4 bunch won the "poll". While I'm outlining the two missing(E.Ryu and Oni), I did Gouken and a friendly neighbour. Someone like...? like yes!!

Have a nice day!!

PS: Sprite base was done by Turbanator.
#734  June 24, 2013, 12:11:38 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
wow this is so gorgeous, Felo O_O
now i can't imagine a Thanos with that kind of shading *drools*
#735  June 24, 2013, 01:46:50 pm
So..SF4 bunch won the "poll". While I'm outlining the two missing(E.Ryu and Oni), I did Gouken and a friendly neighbour. Someone like...? like yes!!

Have a nice day!!

PS: Sprite base was done by Turbanator.

I'm really diggin your new spriting style

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#736  June 24, 2013, 02:12:31 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
That Spidey kicks ass!
#737  June 24, 2013, 02:14:08 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Dat Spidey.... It's godlike. It proves that I met my goal when engineering the style. ESP.er style was concocted with comic books in mind, and was totally intended to replicate the feel of comic book inking. That Spiderman looks fantastic. Damn it, now I want to sprite some comic book stuff in this style.
#738  June 26, 2013, 08:18:18 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
My goodness. Why haven't you made a full sheet of any characters in this style?
#739  June 29, 2013, 12:14:15 pm
Thanks people!!
- GBK: Feel free to do that, be my guest :9.
- Joulz: Thanks!! I...I don't like Thanos D: But I admit he would be interesting to do.
- ARC: Thanks!!
- Genesis: Your friendly neighbour says thanks :D!
- Judas: Not godlike, since I don't make stuff in a big size, your ESP.er(and more rcently your Eternal Champion's stuff), THAT'S godlike. Big, beautiful and awesomely shaded stuff, yes, your work is the one which deserves the title of godlike. And yes, do something comic related with your ESP.er style!!
- DragonSlayerEx: Thanks!! Well...because I have to finish Viper first, same as someone small and big headed...After that, I don't know :/. But I still think that a SF1 remake with this style could be cool, even a SF mix involving 3 characters/saga.

Sooo...last week's poll resulted in SF4 bunch victory. I forgot to write Oni, so here is him too:

Have a nice day!!

PS: Yes, I put E.Ryu another stance...hims from the game seems too normal...I wanted something more savage, more related to the character.

EDIT: So, by far:

- SF1: finished.
- SFZ: finished
- SF2: finished
- SF4: finished
- SF3: missing Q and makoto.
- Final Fight: missing some...:P
- SF story related: missing the D.O.L.L.S., Goutetsu, Iona, Kolin, Cyborg, etc...
- SFEX: They're not "officially" from the SF canon, so I'm still thinking in adding them to the bunch or not.
- FIXES TO DO: Sagat, Ryu, Ken, etc.
Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:31:16 pm by FeLo_Llop
#740  June 29, 2013, 03:37:12 pm
What if i learn shading this style and make my whole Luffy wip in it ... just kidding

but anyways this style doesn't cease to amaze me

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando