YesNoOk

Capcom X Snk  (Read 793003 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, September 09, 2014, 06:08:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom Vs. Snk Universe!
#761  July 31, 2016, 07:41:48 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Sweet I always wanted a transformable Rugal. I'm surprised that no one gave it consideration.
Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:29:10 pm by Shadic12
#762  August 02, 2016, 03:00:46 pm
    • USA
I prefer in-game transformations. Anyone with another mode is capable of this feat, I've also been working on many a custom forms so that I may add custom moves of my own. They'll still be advantages and disadvantages to using this though. TBD. Most likely stat increase/decrease. Most def 100% confirmed all bosses will have this. Categorized as Evil, Dark, Elemental, and Shin. Let me break it down how I'll differente between the obvious three. This is more so based on the canon I want. Evil, characters like Ryu, Ken, Iori. Those whom don't have full control over their power. Dark, this would be Sakura, Karin, Chris. They are able to tap into it at will. Elemental, think SFV Ryu & Laura. Fei-Long(Dragon unleashed), Kula(Deep Freeze), Benimaru(Spark Drive). Shin, full potential unlocked. Characters like Akuma, Gouken, Shishioh, Gen, and Mr. Karate. Also to note.. Kensou(Dragon Spirit) so not limited to only boss/masters. The one I'm still working on are the physical types I don't have a name for and will just be whatever else not in those other categories, think one piece, paramecia. Zangeif(Mech) Hibiki(Battosai) etc. This will all likely come later down the line though so I still have a lot of time to brain storm.

Back to present time though..
Finally, finally, finally we've fixed that nasty bug and the orininal bars are now working again! I kinda had to drop them and I'd been lazy to set them up, but now they return and 100% compatible with Ikemen. More system changes on the way. Some tag surprises as well. Goodbye Uno, hello future of add004.

Aye, if you are good with lifebar graphics I might need a favor, pm if available/interested in helping.
This isn't the final look of the bars, I'll just be using another base. Now that we've overcome the Ikemen issue I can continue with the original plan of action.

#763  August 02, 2016, 03:32:25 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Hey man, about the Uno tag system merged into ADD004, is it still a thing? or you just gave up?
Lasagna
#764  August 02, 2016, 04:42:04 pm
    • USA
Only thing I can say at the moment.. Additions/Changes are coming. Unfortunately it will be exclusive to Ikemen/CVS-U. Merging the two?? I no longer have to do such a thing.  :nuttrox:
#765  August 03, 2016, 02:39:24 pm
Bro is this ikemen's zoom or is it from the  tag system ?
#766  August 03, 2016, 04:33:36 pm
    • India
    • Skype - apathy27
anybody in Europe or Asia willing to try CVSU with me online?? please PM me!
#767  August 03, 2016, 07:08:05 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
#768  August 04, 2016, 03:53:09 am
    • USA
It's actually both in conjunction.
Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:19:16 am by Rei
#769  August 05, 2016, 04:17:37 pm
    • USA
Canceling into custom combo? Thoughts? Similar to how in SFV V-Trigger can be used to extend, or well same as Yun/Yang.
#770  August 05, 2016, 06:33:25 pm
    • Brazil
Canceling into custom combo? Thoughts? Similar to how in SFV V-Trigger can be used to extend, or well same as Yun/Yang.

lol, I just came here to share some random thoughts that I had, specially about combo extender "a la" SF V and I saw your post.

Okay, let's get started:

About extending combo like the V-trigger:
-That's a pretty nice addition to the SF franchise and I think it could be put in great use in CVS:U. But "how?" you ask me! I believe, there are two different way to achieve this:
-Activating the "Excel mode" or the "Transformation"
-It shouldn't be something random, in other words, for balance's sake, you should only be able to use these features do extend a combo, after very specifics moves and only be able to continue your combo, with very specifics moves. (Just like it already is in SF:V)
-If your design choice is Excel Mode, combo dampener needs to be thought very carefully: A combo followed by a Excel Mode combo, will have a huge amount of hits, so the dampener needs to be harsh to avoid a 80% life combo. On the other hand, if combo dampener is to harsh, normal combos may lose some of their meaning 'cause they will took away  a small amount of life from the opponent.
-In case you wanna use both, the "Excel mode" and the "Transformation" as combo extender mechanics, you can apply different conditions for both to be used, thus giving each one a unique feeling and also keeping balance in mind.
Eg.: For triggering "Transformation" as combo extender, you should have less than 25% of life and 2 super bars
Eg2.: For triggering "Excel mode" as combo extender, you should have the super bars fully loaded.

Now, to other topics:

There are two things that SF4 tough me more than any other fighting game:
1st - Don't jump, unless you know what you are doing.
2nd - Don't use a Super/Ultra, unless you know what you are doing.
These two thing are extremely unsafe/punishable in SF4 (as well in SF5), having huge recovery time. It may add a layer of difficult in the life of beginners, but also adds a lot of tech to the game and in my opinion, would be a nice design choice for CVS:U. (Nothing pisses me more than blocking a super and not being able to punish it, lol)

A minor thing:
From some of your videos that I have seen, It may be just me, but I think the game is kind of zooming in to much when both chars are very close. Maybe try comparing the same scene with CVS2 or other fighting games to find the optimal "zoom in" value.

and that's it!! I hope to have said something useful here ;)

As always, I'm loving the updates and the videos.. keep it up, bro!

PS: hey Rei, did you receive my last PMs?
PS2: English is not my first language, in case what I wrote is wrong or doesn't make sense, please let me know
#771  August 08, 2016, 02:49:20 am
    • USA
I'll have to throughly research and think this through. Very, very good information here by the way, that's what I like to see. I like the zoom this way, as to simulate 1920x1080p. It's still something I'm experimenting as well as the camera itself. I agree about the recovery! I'll do the same thing as I've done with priority(invernurable startup) and adjust it accordingly. Lvl3s will have the max priority, but will be the most punishable. Not going to lie, getting every character right will take quite a bit of time, but it will get done. Now that I know how to implement super armor I shall be experimenting with that as well.
#772  August 08, 2016, 04:06:29 am
I highly suggest to stick to the main cast first and manage your work load. What I mean is work on one char that you have everything you need for him FX,sprites etc, until he is 100% finished, trust me, you will not go crazy like that.

Also a question, do you plan to have skullo's raging deamon back to a level 1  like SFEX or is it gonna stay a level 3 ?

I just got my ass beat by God Rugal on CVS2 on max diff, it was almost a decade since I played it, lol, playing it after mugen was strange as all fuck, but I prefer mugen, lol.
Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:11:26 am by PeXXeR
#773  August 08, 2016, 04:17:51 am
  • Raging Fist
Hmmm, Have you ever thought of trying to make the projectiles appear more solid while maintaining transparency? If you go full alpha, for bright stages the projectiles will not appear very well. before my previous PC died out on me I did some experimenting with it with some pretty solid results.
#774  August 08, 2016, 01:18:20 pm
    • USA
That is what I was referring to. Every time I update the system, I have to update all the characters individually as well. So no matter what It'll be a huge workload. Getting a character 100% finished? That in itself takes a whileeee haha. I work on a character until I get stuck, bored, or need something for them rather it be FX, Pals, CS, etc. Then I have to play with each character over, over, and over again so I can find all these lil annoying bugs that ikemen presents, or minor stuff I may have missed. The projectile thing, man its really not that serious, but I'll do it eventually as I did with the zoom stuff.

Here is the video for the week.

CVS2 Banter(Also OAN there is a group on discord that still plays this online, everyday it seems to grow a lil bit.)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#775  August 08, 2016, 03:58:47 pm
Yeah I watched you beat it before, also the new video looks insane, awesome job brotha.
Also I heard some ramblings about the ps2 version of CVS2 being crap ? I dunno I own it and it feels tight even when I play it on an emu.
Never played the DC version though.
#776  August 08, 2016, 04:13:51 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Yeah I watched you beat it before, also the new video looks insane, awesome job brotha.
Also I heard some ramblings about the ps2 version of CVS2 being crap ? I dunno I own it and it feels tight even when I play it on an emu.
Never played the DC version though.

PS2 Version is fine, actually. If anything, the Xbox/GC versions are the ones which were tampered the most (as far as my short researched has found). 
#777  August 08, 2016, 04:29:18 pm
Thanks, capcom should really re-release CVS2 on PC with proper online support, same goes for MVC2 and 3rd Strike.. A man can dream can he...
#778  August 08, 2016, 07:42:08 pm
    • USA
The DC version has the 3D stages and overall, because I had it first is the definitive version to me. EO added some stuff and fixed the cancel glitch. Nothing groundbreaking to even warrant a name change. Core cvs2 though... That's why I'm tryna get that excel game up, A-groove and Vism is that ish forreal and fun as hell. I'm a compete noob in the game so I couldn't go completely in depth with explanation. See I'm not actually at fighting games I'm just a great strategist lol Sun Tzu. If they released an online version of cvs2.... Did a new arranged soundtrack!?!?!? Remastered!?!?!? I'd probably just quit this project and life lol.
#779  August 08, 2016, 09:24:22 pm
Wait, what ? the ps2  version also has 3d stages bro.
#780  August 08, 2016, 09:51:10 pm
    • USA
PS2 version seems more zoomed out. DC version was always more visually appealing to me, just drew me in more to what seemed to be true 3D. This could also be due to using NullDC taking it even further.