YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515284 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#41  June 08, 2011, 04:08:14 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
#42  June 08, 2011, 04:11:30 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
http://kotaku.com/5809744/nintendo-used-360-ps3--pc-game-footage-in-its-wii-u-demo-reel

CMON JERRY! >:C
Here's hoping that WiiU games will look better.

after doing some research:
At the very least, Vigil believes that gamers can look forward to ports to Nintendo’s new console that are not inferior to every other version of the game. When we asked Bonstead if he thought it was possible that the Wii U version of Darksiders II would be the best version of the game, he said, "Yeah, just because the hardware is more powerful and it will have some extra features that I think will actually be useful to people playing the game. With it’s controller, [the Wii U version of Darksiders II] might be the best version of the game."
WiiU is more powerful than PC, you heard it here first.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:15:17 pm by Doomrider
#43  June 08, 2011, 04:20:11 pm
    • USA
Well its true what he said. They have the Box, now its up to developers to push the system. The software is just as important as the system. But to me, if developers couldnt push the wii in the first place, what are they going to accomplish with WU? I hate games on multiple platforms its like saving a picture in either Jpg, Gif, and PNG lol
#44  June 08, 2011, 11:17:51 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime revealed that while the Wii U will still be compatible with Wii software, its predecessor's backward compatibility with the GameCube will not be making an appearance.

(added to first post)

I guess it was absolutly not possible due to technical limitations *cough..sarcasm cough*

#45  June 08, 2011, 11:58:12 pm
  • I got a PM.
Might be the same reason you had to use a GC controller to play those games.

I'm not really enthused by this. The answer to the Kinect is basically a free android phone with every new wii purchased. I mean I like angry birds, but not enough to buy the wii version.

I think I will just wait until the Kinect is available for windows without a hack, and go back to PC gaming.
#46  June 09, 2011, 12:08:03 am
I guess it was absolutly not possible due to technical limitations *cough..sarcasm cough*
the wiiu doesn't have gc controller ports :ssh:

I'm not really enthused by this. The answer to the Kinect is basically a free android phone with every new wii purchased. I mean I like angry birds, but not enough to buy the wii version.
yeah because the new controller is only used for minigames like angry birds. did you see any videos or read any impressions at all or are you just posting assumptions
#47  June 09, 2011, 12:29:40 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
With todays limitations and technical inexperience it is of course not possible to provide GC controller /similar controller support in any form via an adapter as example

*cough*
#48  June 09, 2011, 12:52:21 am
  • I got a PM.
yeah because the new controller is only used for minigames like angry birds. did you see any videos or read any impressions at all or are you just posting assumptions

Your joke detector is off. And I am not wrong about it being a phone. My current phone has all of the features of that controller. There should be an app for that, and make it work with the old wii over bluetooth. I don't see this as a step forward in gaming really. I'm sure it will be great for Star wars games and shit, but it isn't enough to make me not envy the Kinect.

I think I would buy the controller when they hack it for windows or something, but there is going to be like 10 games that will even really use this thing, just like what happened with the wiimote and the wiifit.

Sorry, but I am a little jaded after seeing the potential of just the wii mote and how little it was utilized. The same way I was jaded by the lack of zapper and that light gun on snes.

I will wait like I said.

#49  June 09, 2011, 12:54:40 am
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/

They're not dropping support for the original Wii, so I don't see why the new system would incorporate everything the original had. It'd be waste of time and adds on to the overall cost of the console.
#50  June 09, 2011, 01:06:18 am
With todays limitations and technical inexperience it is of course not possible to provide GC controller /similar controller support in any form via an adapter as example
gamecube games required specific gamecube ports for the controllers and memory cards. while it would've been nice if the wii was capable of using its internal memory or sd cards to save gamecube games it wasn't possible due to hardware limitations. this is similar to how sony dropped ps2 compatibility on the ps3 slim at one point. stop talking shit
Your joke detector is off.
Might be the same reason you had to use a GC controller to play those games.

I think I will just wait until the Kinect is available for windows without a hack, and go back to PC gaming.
damn thats a good joke. you should take that shit on tour

And I am not wrong about it being a phone. My current phone has all of the features of that controller
the controller by itself can do smartphone games, but it can also be used along with the bigger screen. think of it as the top screen of a ds being your tv and the touchscreen being the new controller. it's not as limited as you make it sound
#51  June 09, 2011, 01:16:56 am
    • USA
he controller by itself can do smartphone games, but it can also be used along with the bigger screen. think of it as the top screen of a ds being your tv and the touchscreen being the new controller. it's not as limited as you make it sound

Yeah as I said before, that controller is like having a home only DS console. If the developers get it together and put their creativity to work, they can actually do a lot with it. As for phone games sorry to say, only a hand full are good and the rest is just plain crap. I dont see the whole thing about angry birds; that game isnt all that.
#52  June 09, 2011, 02:12:45 am
  • I got a PM.
Fuckers. It is a joke. I get what it does. Doesn't change the fact that they are just giving you a tablet or phone that is compatible with wii games.

Where is nintendo's answer to a supirior device like the Kinect.

And my joke was not funny? Of course not, I should have used the word analogy.

Titlin.... Your fan boy is showing.
#53  June 09, 2011, 02:17:14 am
#54  June 09, 2011, 02:20:47 am
  • I got a PM.
superior you ass lol.
#55  June 09, 2011, 02:23:19 am
it wasn't about the typo
#56  June 09, 2011, 04:20:14 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I don't know why GBK is bitching about retro compatibility when he talks all the time about his almost perfect emulators.
Anyway, if you want to play GC, buy a GC... or a Wii.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#57  June 09, 2011, 05:12:28 pm
expecting a console released in 2012 to have compatibility with one released in 2001 is a biiiiiit ridiculous
#58  June 09, 2011, 05:23:09 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
the wii should've had n64 BC
#59  June 09, 2011, 05:28:06 pm
where are the gamecube's NES cart ports?? nintendo are screwing us again
#60  June 09, 2011, 07:09:37 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
expecting a console released in 2012 to have compatibility with one released in 2001 is a biiiiiit ridiculous

from your standpoint, totally

my standpoint was, that the wii, often called "gamecube 1,5" maybe doesnt have such a big technological difference, so that it could be easy to support the gc still