YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1516894 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#661  January 18, 2014, 11:48:36 am
Gamepads are always issiues when it comes to games. They have different controller support and you have to get used to it wich depends on the game you have there.
#662  January 18, 2014, 04:24:07 pm
nintendo is dying cloud
#663  January 19, 2014, 05:30:34 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Really? Looks perfectly fine compared to the other two and unlike Sony it specializes on games, and doesn't have an electronics branch outside of it. What are you trying to tell me? They've been doing this shit for so long and now it's this? Oh my god you guys please stop it hurts. There's a reason they haven't "died" yet. They have, minimally speaking by my prediction, another 30 years in the least if they keep releasing handhelds, and you know they will. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. Ridiculous. I genuinely hope you're being sarcastic or something man.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:33:39 am by Killer Kong
#664  January 19, 2014, 06:31:39 am
it just flew over your head
#665  January 19, 2014, 06:42:15 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
You would think but a lot of people are actually serious about it, breh. Dead serious. And with the whole fiscal earnings being bad blahblahblah, you gotta be assured. But yes, it was stupid in hindsight for me to ask so I've made another fatal miscalculation. Must be stress-related.

Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:45:52 am by Killer Kong
#666  January 19, 2014, 06:47:40 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Once Mr. Miyamoto retires of age in the next 10 - 15 years, I won't expect much from Nintendo anyway. Everyone else is either President or in charge marketing. So if Nintendo continues to drop down, I wouldn't be surprised. People would probably just move on.

Though Nintendo has been successful over the years. I'm sure they can try to back this up with secret trump cards or something.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#667  January 19, 2014, 06:49:15 am
Nah, Nintendo's doomed, writing's on the wall... I mean, look at that spreadsheet. :no:

Michael Pacther said:
dumb shit.

Genius... pure genius. Never mind that it would devalue the Nintendo brand in the process and that accepting a place as a third party would mean there'd be no realistic way they could re-establish themselves financially to make (quality) first party hardware.
#668  January 19, 2014, 09:56:59 am
Nintendo should create more original games with new characters and stories. If they keep getting involved with problems after so many years, than wasn't sticking with Super Mario a good strategy?
#669  January 19, 2014, 10:53:21 am
    • USA
You would think but a lot of people are actually serious about it, breh. Dead serious. And with the whole fiscal earnings being bad blahblahblah, you gotta be assured. But yes, it was stupid in hindsight for me to ask so I've made another fatal miscalculation. Must be stress-related.

You should know better by now, considering that Titiln was the one to post the pic in the first place lol.
#670  January 19, 2014, 04:29:19 pm
Nintendo should create more original games with new characters and stories. If they keep getting involved with problems after so many years, than wasn't sticking with Super Mario a good strategy?
yase they need to start making new games instead of mario all over. that's all they do. they haven't put out anything with characters that aren't mario or zelda in decades
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#671  January 19, 2014, 05:14:51 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I'd like to think Chibi Robo would be their way of attempting to do this, actually. If they do more stuff like that, we could see plenty of old franchises get renewed, and even maybe some new ones? No idea yet, though.

#672  January 19, 2014, 05:41:43 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yase they need to start making new games instead of mario all over. that's all they do. they haven't put out anything with characters that aren't mario or zelda in decades

Nice list and all..but while Nintendo's strongest games are still their Party games, Mario, Zelda and maybe Smash Bros their competition does not only come up with new games /game seires and characters..they also are able to make these so known /good/ sucessful that people are not waiting for sequels of their first big series anymore but also look forward to their next new games and sequels of their newer series. (Okay Microsoft still sticks mostly to Halo and Forza it seems)

If Sony would be like Nintendo, they would still release new Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games every 1-2 years including a lot spinoffs.

Instead they come up with new big IP's which stay big IP's for at least a good couple of years until they are getting replaces mostly with other successful IP's.

Examples alone from the platformer genre would be Crash and Spyro, both sold during 2000 but both were relative successful series when Koanmi /Activision made sequels/reboots.

Later there were Jak and Daxter, Sly Racoon and Ratchet n Clank. All three got their trilogys and more games till today. On the PS3 they came up with LittleBigPlanet and a few small IP's like Puppeteer.

That are 6 big series always with something fresh and unique while we have still Mario..Mario Mario..and ocassionally Donkey Kong or a Princess Peach game.

They make nice new games and game series, but none of them seems to be able to replace Mario for a while..in the end its again the plumber and the elf in the green costume who "rescues" Nintendo if they were not able to attract a new market like the "casual" gamers years ago

!
#673  January 19, 2014, 06:16:35 pm
the list is mostly to show that "nintendo never tries new ideas or characters" is horseshit. they do take risks. some are smaller risks, some are larger risks. the wonderful 101 probably had a relatively big budget, it bombed, bayonetta 2 is also a risk. the wii u itself was a huge risk when they could've just made an updated wii with hd graphics without the gamepad, making the console cheaper overall. at the end of the day it's their better known franchises that sell the most. what do you expect them to do if that's how the market behaves? sequels for good games sell. don't act like sony never do sequels either. going by recent releases they're still milking gran turismo, god of war, killzone, ratchet & clank. their newest twisted metal wasn't that long ago. this isn't a bad thing, if the games are still good who cares.
#674  January 19, 2014, 06:52:36 pm
Mario and Zelda are pop culture icons... even if Nintendo tried new things, (unless it has the breakaway success of Pokemon) people won't really notice at first glance.

Their distribution plan needs reworking, not the IPs they utilize.
#675  January 19, 2014, 07:01:28 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
GBK's totally right.  There's no way a company like Sony would ever do something as crass and greedy as exploiting an old series popularity just to make money off of the name alone.

#676  January 19, 2014, 07:18:20 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Are you trying to be stupid today or did you really not get my point?

Which was that Nintendo needs to try to make new series something big. Nothing is wrong about sequels and HD remakes/collections if they are good. What Nintendo is missing is a big varity of game genres AND making their new games and IP's so good and successful that the gaming audience isnt just seeing them as the Mario,Zelda,Wii Party Games and Pokemon guys.

That and they need a really BIG  third party support more than anything else.
#677  January 19, 2014, 07:41:38 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Honestly people ask for new IPs and when they happen, guess what? They do lukewarm. Wonderful 101, etc. and then people wonder "Why are they not trying anything new?!" Sales speak over anything else. If you support new IPs, buy games for a system that involve new IPs, whether they are Nintendo-original or not, it's still on their system. I don't think any smart company would bank on these "new" IPs if the numbers aren't gonna roll in.

#678  January 19, 2014, 07:51:08 pm
Super Smash Bros has characters with all of their best excisting games from back in the days till now. The crossover shows what Nintendo has and gave to it's players all those years. What another option is, is that Nintendo can license more Manga and Anime series and make games for it. It's like Capcom did back in the days. That could work out there.
#679  January 19, 2014, 11:34:05 pm
GBK's totally right.  There's no way a company like Sony would ever do something as crass and greedy as exploiting an old series popularity just to make money off of the name alone.

Um, rereleasing older titles is 'exploiting' now?

I'm really grateful for HD collections. I want to play those old games on my new shiny TV. Trophies, too, are a good excuse to replay and enjoy them. I've bought, I don't know, at least six of them? It's one of the big selling points of the console for me?

I'd much rather games be updated and ported than lost to time, especially as the technology gap between generations keeps getting smaller.
#680  January 20, 2014, 06:18:01 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Oh dear god..... Dat GameFaqs poll...... D:   :gonk:

If Nintendo was bought by another company? As if..... :P

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."