YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1305563 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project (Shock Project revived!)
#441  June 19, 2012, 05:15:18 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
And with that, 3rd day in a row I got more stuff done~ So with this, I shall share with you these goddamn sprites! lol...

Don't mind the white strips there in some of them. That's my bad eyes not seeing things. Also, some of these don't have EVERYTHING on them due to how complicated it is to set things up (same reason why some of these aren't here yet)

With the monsters, I only included one type unless there were unique sprites for different types:

Cross Edge Midnight Blisses:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And with that out of the way, some new Shocks from actual games!

Ahhhh....those retro games eh? Still looking for more on these! I could've sworn I had some The King of Monsters sprites laying around on this external, but no luck finding em...huh...

Now another question for the masses...should I cut out all of the sprites in the first post or not? It seems to take an awfully long time for it to load, especially with all of the new stuff in it now...
Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:34:35 am by Reimu Hakurei
#442  June 23, 2012, 12:58:41 am
    • USA
HI GUYS! Oh what's that? Still nothing for the project yes, but I have come across these, which are now uploaded on my site~

Still looking for help on getting the other sprites! I don't HAVE the other King of the Monster sprites like I thought I did, so there's that...I'm wondering if I shouldn't screencap some in-game shots or something, but YT quality never works out for screenshots. Otherwise, I'd get them from SFxT from a video there is now...or I COULD link said video, but then I'd be considered a weird person for something that I do not endorse myself!
#443  July 11, 2012, 06:46:57 am
    • USA
Ah maaaaaan....almost a month and nothing new!? That's no good! Well, it's a good thing I have a new partner on this project eh!?

Mystia Lorelei by Ryoga-RG:

Original Sprite:

Yes, this is completely different than the one that Anti-COSUMO was working on (dunno if he'll ever finish his or not...), and I have to say, I'm very impressed by Ryoga's work. Oh, and you may notice one of the sprites with a pink background still. The reason? Why yes...I actually DID do some spriting for the first time in like 3 years...and truth be told, I don't think it's TERRIBLE, but it doesn't feel like it flows right. I never was good at animations (I never TRIED with moving parts...I think I did with ONE character's Midnight Bliss, but I don't even remember whose now). So that's that...Unless anyone wants to fix up my mess of a sprite...

Whether or not I attempt to sprite again is another question...considering I get very angry at myself at various things @_@;;  That sprite took about an hour or so to do as well, which wasn't TERRIBLY long, but it felt like forever ;_;

Expect some more goodies down the road for Midnight Blisses now too! Still waiting on Aionios to get his shock done too, so there's that to look forward to too!

(My hand looks really bad it seems...blaaaah! Oh well...I gave it my best shot so that's what I got for ya...).

Also to make a notice, NO REQUESTS WILL BE MADE FOR NOW!!! This is due to well...Aionios being very busy with stuff as well as the massive list I've given him, and I don't want to overload anyone else working on this (and myself don't sprite either...you can obviously tell that from the sprite above). So please, withhold any requests you have for the project if you will. Thank you.
#444  July 29, 2012, 10:47:04 pm
    • USA
http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/persona4arena/

So yeah, I was alerted to these today by someone on DeviantArt that these Persona 4 Arena sprites were just uploaded. Surprising I must say...so I'm going to share them here. This is two-fold of course...one is to share them of course, because wow if the sprites aren't gorgeous. The second? Well...this is to see if anyone won't take up a challenge. What's the challenge? The challenge is to take one of the characters and "update" their shock sprites. That's it! This is something similar to what I proposed with BlazBlue too but....

(I totally am not hoping that someone "updates" Yukiko's or Labrys' at all...Yukiko's is totally not my favorite out of the bunch and I am totally not requesting this out of anyone what are you talking about. No, I cannot pay for this because I am poor, but would if I could...maybe...)

So yeah...enjoy the new sprites, and I hope to see someone take up the challenge. It'll be both good for the project and good for you as well, since this is going to probably be a good challenge to try, eh?

The characters:

Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:07:49 pm by Reimu Hakurei
#445  July 29, 2012, 11:11:13 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Impressive  :o
#446  July 29, 2012, 11:12:38 pm
    • USA
And here I thought BlazBlue had really nice sprites...these sprites one-up those by far. Actually, I think these are probably the best hi-res sprites I've seen period. Again, if someone takes up the challenge to "update" the shocks for these characters, might be one hell of a learning experience, no? lol ^^;
Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:09:22 am by Xenomic
#447  August 15, 2012, 08:09:42 am
    • USA
For Aionios, since PMs are broken right now:

#448  August 19, 2012, 07:24:58 am
  • Shock Meister
For Aionios, since PMs are broken right now:

Urp, may not have been broken as you've been claiming. With my lack of knowledge of how the new PM system 'works', I've just realized my inbox is full. Gah, that percentage number wasn't there a second ago...

Anyways, gonna clear it out in a sec. Oh, and judging by Google searches, you managed to get your Youtube account back. Congrats! ^^
#449  August 19, 2012, 07:26:52 am
    • USA
Oh, so that's what it was? I didn't get a message about your inbox being full or not, so I didn't know @_@;;

And yes, yes I did~ Got it back yesterday actually. Let's hope that never happens again @_@;
#450  August 19, 2012, 04:28:09 pm
  • Thoughts are never Actions unless there Memories
your doing a great job here Xenomic. The MB's are really good! however when i try to view them on your site the pictures become transparent for your background. which makes it harder to view them.

The Wikkens Will Rise!
"To follow our path, to complete our goals, A Wikken's way is truly whole, for we seek the thrill of challenge, none too bleak*too easy* But until the day we all shall peak!"-WiCloud
#451  August 19, 2012, 05:54:56 pm
    • Japan
I just wanted to ask, could you make Midnight Bliss for Urien? I could easily edit it for my Seth ;)
#452  August 19, 2012, 08:52:03 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Good to know this is still going though all of this should had been done a while ago is people did their thing on helping :D. One day you should make a video with all the final animations for each character.
#453  August 19, 2012, 09:25:31 pm
    • USA
@WiCloud: What do you mean transparent? Could you screencap it for me, because I wouldn't think I HAVE any coding in my CSS or on the pages themselves that makes them transparent? Or maybe I do and don't realize it...I'm not exactly good with HTML coding anymore 

@Human: There is a Midnight Bliss for Urien already, from Capcom Fighting Evolution, if you want to use that. In all honesty, I wouldn't know what else WOULD work for that guy (and as for Seth...I don't know what would work for him either. Wasn't he like a...homonculus/construct or something? I don't remember his background at all from SF4).

@F. James Fernandez: Well, that's what the videos I'm uploading right now to my YT channel are kinda about. It WAS going to be one big video (45 minutes just for Midnight Blisses alone), but Windows Movie Maker didn't like that at all...

Unless you mean for the project alone, then hmm....perhaps. Though that'd mean I'd have both one big file for them all as well as the separate files.
#454  August 19, 2012, 09:36:52 pm
    • Japan
@Human: There is a Midnight Bliss for Urien already, from Capcom Fighting Evolution, if you want to use that.

Could someone send me it? I look all over google and all I get are pages about CFE, Urien or SF3.
#455  August 19, 2012, 09:38:24 pm
    • USA
Already sent you the Midnight Bliss buddy~ ^^ : b

You can also find other Midnight Blisses from official games on my site as well. Should be on the first page, found on the MUGEN section at the bottom.
#456  August 20, 2012, 01:56:37 am
    • Japan
Urien

CFE version

vs

My edit of Donovan's MB, first sprite (of 4). Colours from SF3 Urien.

Edit: I see my sprite needs small fix on hand on left, but tommorow.
#457  August 20, 2012, 02:04:49 am
    • USA
Hmmm....that's not bad actually. Though I never realized how long the fingers were in that Midnight Bliss o_O

A couple things I want to note:

*On her left foot, there is a tiny pink pixel there.
*Her right foot, should it look that way with the toe (with the black outline there in the toe)?

Other than that, it looks alright. Let's see what others have to say on it as well!
#458  August 20, 2012, 01:52:51 pm
    • Japan
Done, should work with every Urien without colour separation.

Thanks to Xenomic for all help.

2nd:
Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:47:11 pm by Human
#459  August 20, 2012, 10:05:08 pm
    • USA
Urien looks really surprised at the end there :v

Not bad. It does fit a bit more than the CFJ/CFE one I suppose. I'd say so much as to add in the draining/thinning sprites, but that's me~

Seth, you really need to grow some hair man. Being all bald and shiny! At least you don't show anything at all what with your lack of clothes :v
#460  August 21, 2012, 12:29:25 am
    • USA
To liven things up, Tiki by UJI was updated. One of the things updated in her was a new shock. However, this isn't from THIS project, but an original one. Not that -I'M- complaining, it still looks rather nice. So let's have a comparison between em eh? First will be Aionios', then UJI's. I'll put these in Spoilers because UJI's does contain some...material.

Which one do YOU like better? It's really hard to say. Both are really detailed I think and fit well. @_@;

Also, still looking for people willing to take up some of my own challenges for this project as well~