YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1695996 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (New: Todoh) Rowen's Quick PotS Edits
#101  June 24, 2019, 04:05:27 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
So something I came across by accidentally that I can't replicate for the life of me. When using Ibuki Nagayo and then canceled into Tsuika Kougeki, but my opponent at that moment [Saki by GladiaCloud and Beximus] got caught in the initial hurricane before I launched it. Both moves still triggered, as in she still got caught in the hurricane just as I launched it, and Tsuika Kougeki still propelled forward. I can't seem to make it happen again so there's no video for this absolute freak-accident, and I don't even know if anything can be done about it, but I still feel like it's worth mentioning.

As far as Ibuki Nagayo's KO, why not code it so that the hurricane itself can't kill, but the slam can? Like instead of it being that Goenitz swings his arm down to dispel the hurricane, make it so Goenitz is actually slamming the opponent to the ground?

Edit: Another bug that just happened relating to Tsuika Kougeki: If the opponent manages to dodge the hurricane, but still gets KO'ed after the fact by a different move, the super finish text can still trigger. The move I used was the Wanpyou attack, not sure if it triggers with anyone else.

Edit 2: If you block Ibuki Nagayo for a while but stop before the move ends, the move will still trigger, but the wind FX will disappear and Goenitz's ending animation will play before the move itself actually finishes.

Edit 3: Not sure if this was intentional, but Tsuika Kougeki can pretty much be negated by a single projectile. The hurricane will still go forward, but it'll just harmlessly pass through the opponent.

I'll keep updating this post with more while I play if I come across anything else.
Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 06:48:32 am by Project.13
#102  June 24, 2019, 10:33:35 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Additional feedback on Todoh:
-His Stunning Grab doesn't have a swing sound when it misses like Throw 1 & 2.
-His forward run doesn't have a dust effect and is missing step sounds on ever other step.
-The counter font is misaligned during Shingan Kuzu Otoshi when it successfully hits.

You really dont play about those landing FX do ya? Lol The newer stuff has it changed but the older stuff doesn't. I havent taken the time to update them but its been years since I touched them tho
I know, I wasn't serious on aesthetics feedback back in the day. That's why I never told you about it before. You're more than welcome to not update them and spend your focus on your newer works instead. I'll let RagingRowen or anyone else know to update them instead whenever they fix up your works.

And speaking about Tizoc, I redownloaded him and he still doesn't have the landing fx changed. After testing him further, I also noticed he doesn't have one during Active Tupon, Icarus Crash and Justice Hurricane when he touches the ground. His Gridro Super Kick has a strong ground shockwave instead of a landing effect. Another thing even though I can do this myself, I personally don't like the display name is changed to Tizoc when the whole file name's still Griffon. Might as well change the whole thing instead of the display name itself.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#103  June 24, 2019, 12:28:46 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I didn't change the file name for compatibility purposes.
I'll look into the Goenitz super stuff and Joe problems after my vacation which starts tomorrow.
Also I'll edit Prime SC's Rick Strowd along with Leo when I get back.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:14:03 pm by RagingRowen
#104  June 24, 2019, 11:19:55 pm
    • Australia
I just wanna mention Eagle's AI. It seems to power charge randomly, often leaving him open for an attack.

It can be made a bit better by borrowing  the Power Charge AI code from JMorph's ken or benimaru:

Code:

[State -1, Power Charge]
type = ChangeState
value = 730
triggerAll = AILevel && NumEnemy
trigger1 = RoundState = 2 && StateType != A
trigger1 = Power < const(data.power) && !var(20)
trigger1 = ctrl && Power < const(data.power) && Power < PowerMax && !var(20)
trigger1 = !InGuardDist && P2BodyDist x >= 160 && Random < (50 * (AILevel ** 2 / 64.0))

Then just !AILevel the player's power charge command triggers
#105  June 24, 2019, 11:44:38 pm
    • UK
Ok, I updated Robert's AI so he doesn't do the Power Charge problem and etc.
He's still Hit or Miss though, at least when I tested him against Jmm's Ryo.
WIP Schedule:
#106  June 25, 2019, 12:25:58 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Oh, great. This really was needed to be fixed. Thanks bro. :)

Can i leave a suggestion for an edit after your vacation? :P
Birdie by varo_hades
I think that he needs some improvement.
#107  June 25, 2019, 12:49:29 am
    • UK
I've thought about that, but I already have Plans for at-least 3 chars, it can get pretty compact around here.
WIP Schedule:
#108  June 25, 2019, 07:35:31 am
  • The other Indian
    • India

Eagle's AI too? Like kenmasters mentioned, his constant power charge ruins it.
Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:51:00 am by YugaCurry
#109  June 25, 2019, 08:06:18 am
  • Niigasan
What're u editing with my Rick if I may ask cuz i have plans myself for updates
#110  June 25, 2019, 10:30:48 am
    • UK
Well I'll be changing the super finish text and fixing some stuff like the Gaia Press.
Some other quality tweaks will be done too.

Also any update on your Igniz?
WIP Schedule:
#111  June 25, 2019, 11:10:17 am
    • Australia

I only messed around with Eagle's AI. Borrowing Jmorphs charge code definitely reduces the amount of times he does it in unideal situations

I can't say if it would do the same for Robert as I haven't had a chance to test your version of the character yet.

There's an Author named Vorse Raider who wrote fairly decent AI for DW's Robert too, you might wanna see his code for reference. You might be able to find his edits in the Edits Add ons section

#112  June 25, 2019, 01:47:12 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
One last thing about Ibuki Nagayo that I forgot to mention: Depending on how far the opponent is from the hurricane when it hits, that's how wildly they'll move around during the move. https://streamable.com/tq7p1 I used Dhalsim in the video because he was the easiest one to show this off with, but I've had it happen with other characters, too.
#113  June 25, 2019, 04:47:06 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Is there any chance of you updating some of your older edits, since the main author may have updated their characters not too long ago?
#114  June 26, 2019, 08:21:39 am
  • Niigasan
Well I'll be changing the super finish text and fixing some stuff like the Gaia Press.
Some other quality tweaks will be done too.

Also any update on your Igniz?

Mm cool, n yes I've finally been feelin a lil motivated to get back to em, I'll update my thread in the comin weeks, good luck
#115  July 07, 2019, 10:29:52 am
    • UK
K, I have returned.

I have a couple of new plans now:
I'm not gonna work on them ASAP because I need some breathing time because I just woke up from getting home at like 2-3am, y'know.
The first one is Mr. Ansatsuken's Ryu, changing some stuff to make him more up to date, adding stuff like the usual Backwards Roll and updated sounds (most notably his Run's).
Also Victory's Mr. Karate, making adjustments and adding a well anticipated AI. I still need someone to give him Demongorne's sprites, maybe for Takuma as well, I'm time with Dampir's sprites for now, but it's the feet that bother me, they're tiny compared to Ryo's sprites which Gorne's sprites are influenced by.

I'll get cracking at adjusting Goenitz's Level 3 stuff in not too long as well and of course what's already mentioned in the Coming Soon section.
WIP Schedule:
#116  July 07, 2019, 11:39:57 am
    • USA
I'm surprised you aren't updating the one edited by Mwryly only. Mr. Ansatsuken added way too many buffs and feels kinda OP compared to a normal PotS character as he has level 2 and level 3 for all of his supers. Plus, you would have to update both the 1.0 and 1.1 versions. Why not update Mwryly's with those instead?
#117  July 07, 2019, 11:47:18 am
    • UK
Well Mwryly's version doesn't have a good enough Super moveset, with the lack of MAX supers for LVL1s and Shinkuu Tatsumaki being a LVL2.
WIP Schedule:
#118  July 07, 2019, 11:55:46 am
    • USA
I just personally think having level 3s for all of Ryu's supers is too much. I mean it's fine if you plan to use him to fight against all kinds of characters of any style. But if it's against a roster of PotS styled characters only, he can wipe the floor out of most of them. That's why I used Mr. Ansatsuken's for my main client and not for my PotS themed one.
#119  July 07, 2019, 12:10:38 pm
The first one is Mr. Ansatsuken's Ryu, changing some stuff to make him more up to date, adding stuff like the usual Backwards Roll and updated sounds (most notably his Run's).
is it possible to adjust his hadoukens (all of the hadouken command) able to execute repeatedly without showing some of the punch animation sometimes? like this:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#120  July 07, 2019, 12:15:22 pm
    • UK
Whose' version is that?

Also for the sake of consistency, I'll be editing the 1.0 version.
WIP Schedule: