YesNoOk

Need Control Configuration Help (Read 17945 times)

Started by Liero, July 07, 2007, 06:20:08 am
Share this topic:
Need Control Configuration Help
#1  July 07, 2007, 06:20:08 am
    • http://rumblepk.tumblr.com/
I am currently making a game with control similar to that of smash bros melee.  What I am trying to do though is to unassign "up" as the jump key.  I want to use "up" to manipulate the direction of certain attacks etc.  Instead of "up" as the jump key, I want "x" and "y" to both be for jumping only.  How can I do this?

I assume that whatever process for doing this will be the same for everything but heres the layout I want

Left - Move Left
Right - Move Right
Up - Aim Up
Down - Duck

A - Attack
B - Special

X - Jump
Y - Jump

C - Guard
Z - Guard

I already know how to make "c" and "z" guard so thats no problem...Anyways how do i do it?
Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:07:23 am by liero116
Re: Need Control Configuration Help
#2  July 09, 2007, 02:36:24 am
Wrong section.

Whatever you're trying to do it is in the character and what buttons to press for your character to do a certain action. Look in someone's .cmd file and edit it from there. I'd say it isn't worth the effort, why the hell would you want a control layout as retarded as that?
Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:35:19 pm by Kei Dasshuu
#3  July 10, 2007, 08:06:50 am
    • http://rumblepk.tumblr.com/
My reason for this control layout is mainly because I don't really like the Street Fighter / KOF standard layout.  I've never liked it and have never really been a fan of the games because of that.  I much prefer the simplified control scheme of Smash Bros. and I'd like to make a game based off of that.  Keep in mind that I'm not using existing sprites from existing characters.  Instead I'm doing all the animation by hand. 

And thanks anyways for your help though

And by the way; where would be the correct section for a question like this?
#4  July 10, 2007, 08:58:22 am