YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 769471 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#1341  July 03, 2020, 12:45:27 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
If anything, Nintendo will likely restrict future Smash tourneys to just official seasonal invitationals because the actual community can't get its shit together.

Otherwise, they'll get through this.  These news are really depressing but it's not the end of Smash as a whole.

As for EVO, they will do a change in management at best.  Chances of EVO Online this year is looking more and more bleek by the minute.

In even more disheartening news, Knuckle Du recently got into a serious car crash.  Sending prayers over here.

Edit: Game over
Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:48:47 am by Kirishima
#1342  July 03, 2020, 03:04:45 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Bamco also pulled out
#1343  July 03, 2020, 03:30:39 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#1344  July 03, 2020, 03:54:13 am
Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:57:25 am by Kirishima
#1345  July 03, 2020, 06:13:05 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#1346  July 04, 2020, 09:17:26 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/jul/03/rumor-sony-considering-bid-own-snks-parent-company

According to Bloomberg, Sony is currently considering a bid for Leyou Technologies, the parent company for SNK Corporation. Back in August 2015, Leyou Millenium, now known as Leyou Technologies, purchased SNK Playmore, later renamed to SNK Corporation.

The anonymous sources supposedly from within Sony Corporation told Bloomberg that they are working with a financial adviser on a potential offer for Lenyou Technologies. Sources are said to be anonymous since the matter is supposed to be private. Should an offer be accepted, then this would make Sony the new parent company of SNK Corporation.

SNK is known in the fighting game community for producing game series like the King of Fighters and Samurai Shodown. Being that King of Fighters 15 is currently in development, there's a possibility that this could inevitably mean that King of Fighters 15 would become a PlayStation 5 exclusive.

Not sure if its good or bad news. At least it ain't Konami. Would be nice if it were Sega only cause they still keep producing 2D games.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#1347  July 04, 2020, 12:35:06 pm
    • Germany
Not sure if its good or bad news. At least it ain't Konami. Would be nice if it were Sega only cause they still keep producing 2D games.

Probrably bad, current Sony is kind of let's say strange in regards of female characters, to much US influences...
#1348  July 04, 2020, 03:03:53 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
It sounds like it’s just a rumor right now.
And even if Sony does purchase Lenyou,
Assuming the bid is even successful to begin with,
Both companies will likely have to sell off the IPs they have to avoid violating antitrust laws,
Which will likely include SNK, considering how large the brand is.
So i don’t really see SNK becoming exclusive to any company, let alone Sony, anytime soon, if at all.

Not that i’m complaining, since SNK is far too good to be stuck on some overpriced paperweight like the PS5.
#1349  July 04, 2020, 04:36:02 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Probrably bad, current Sony is kind of let's say strange in regards of female characters, to much US influences...

That's my fear. Sony still with that censorship shit, even with the cover of SNK 40th Anniversary Collection (they censor Athena).
I hope that is just another stupid rumor.
#1350  July 04, 2020, 04:56:21 pm
    • Brazil
Not even Sony would be dumb enough to censor someone like Mai, for example. Considering they didn't censor things in The Last Of Us 2 and likely won't censor Cyberpunk 2077 either, I think even they have their limits.
#1351  July 04, 2020, 05:39:48 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Not even Sony would be dumb enough to censor someone like Mai, for example. Considering they didn't censor things in The Last Of Us 2 and likely won't censor Cyberpunk 2077 either, I think even they have their limits.

They seems to be perfectly fine with the SamSho girls so I guess...
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1352  July 04, 2020, 06:26:58 pm
    • Germany

You forget that both are Western Products and The Last of Us 2 is basicaly developed by US Sony and pushed realy hard to be "The best thing since sliced bread." Even going so far and try to "Motivate" news sites who don't gave the game a 10/10 to change that, it, is natural that they won't censor there own "poster child", and for Cyberpunk 2077 the game is not out yet, they still could force some sort of censorship on it when it comes out.
#1353  July 04, 2020, 06:31:41 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
 :pfht:
#1354  July 04, 2020, 11:26:22 pm
    • Germany
#1355  July 05, 2020, 02:10:20 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Sony won't  own SNK. Ever.

#1356  July 06, 2020, 06:09:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
sony also owns fate grand order in that same convoluted way, so it would still depend on how they decide to threat this.
#1357  July 20, 2020, 04:51:05 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1358  July 27, 2020, 06:17:09 pm
#1359  July 27, 2020, 07:19:24 pm
    • Brazil
Various publishers will showcase their fighting game titles for upcoming DLC content and more on Aug.1.
After the disaster with Evo, I guess they needed to reveal their stuff somewhere. Besides the fact we'll see lots of fighting game news, there is one particular thing I like about this:
The broadcast will see fighting game producers and directors discussing topics chosen by fans before the live stream

I hope people talk about other franchises that need attention, like Darkstalkers, Skullgirls, etc.
#1360  July 27, 2020, 07:47:12 pm
As far as topics go, expect a good portion of them to be netcode related.