SF3 M.Bison (Read 463414 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, February 22, 2017, 08:03:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SF3 M.Bison
#101  April 22, 2018, 07:24:05 pm
  • El Chanfle
  • Latino Americano, Young Generation & Drawist
    • Mexico
I finally have the day to work on some of these animations! What game is your favorite teleport animation from? I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but I really dig the SvC version of his teleport.

Here's an animation for a little more content. *That Bruce Lee shake was just added for fun.

Your right. The SvC would look great. Also i love your work and your fluid animations dude! Love it,

"Survival of the fittest is nature's way!"
#102  April 22, 2018, 08:38:09 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
also on top of preferred teleport, please give your opinion on this jump animation. Its a custom one, I thought it would match sf3 better. Obviously I don't want this to just be a strict conversion.

#103  April 22, 2018, 08:59:05 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I really like how that jump animation looks. Has a nice and natural flow to it, and it seems it would fit the SF3 animation style perfectly.

Shit
#104  April 23, 2018, 01:07:23 am
  • El Chanfle
    • Mexico
also on top of preferred teleport, please give your opinion on this jump animation. Its a custom one, I thought it would match sf3 better. Obviously I don't want this to just be a strict conversion.

I agree as well with MotorRoach. Looking good. Also will you implement some SFEX Moves into the mix?

#105  April 25, 2018, 03:02:12 am
    • USA
Thanks guys. A small update on that jump animation.

I'll be sitting on the progress of m.bison for a while, until I get some good work to show off and hype this project back up. If there are request for certain moves, sounds, effects ect. feel free to post them.
#106  April 25, 2018, 04:07:16 am
  • El Chanfle
    • Mexico
Nice! :D

#107  April 25, 2018, 03:58:12 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think M. Bison's arms would be out a bit more. But maybe because I'm thinking of Alpha.
Right now they almost look like they're placed on his thighs. I'd think Zangief's run arm position would work great with less chaos and more fist.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#108  April 25, 2018, 10:47:07 pm
    • USA
That was the first arm position I tried out, It just didn't seem as convincing to me at the time. Maybe I was just trying to get away from SF4 stuff.

That jump animation is complete now, but maybe I'll revisit it in the future. It would probably be an easy edit. Thanks Odb718
#109  April 27, 2018, 02:20:08 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If you were to revisit it, I'd wholeheartedly tell you to keep the one you've made now. Use this as the Head Stomp special's jump if you do. In no way is it lacking even in the sketches. I like how small/tight it becomes. I think it could use a dynamic cape action with a lot of movement just like the legs.
Though that might make it a little easier to recognize the special earlier.
#110  April 27, 2018, 03:35:49 am
    • USA
That is tempting to have a separate one though!

I’m hoping once I finish this version I’ll be able to go back through and make a cape version. I love the idea of a cape for a secondary animation. Not stiff like alpha but super flowy.
#111  April 27, 2018, 08:32:58 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
A real SFIII Ibuki has completely separate hair. Mine doesn't lol. I think there's like an MX version or something that has her hair as an explod or a helper that goes with the "wind". But you could do something similar for his cape
You could set up a little ((Anim)+(Vel X)+(Vel Y)) system to pump out the values. I'm not sure how it was done in Ibuki originally. But you could do a simple
ifelse(Vel X>1,6000, ifelse(Vel X<1,4000,5000)
ifelse(Vel y>1,15000, ifelse(Vel y<1,9000,12000)
and you'd pump out values like
Code:
X-Y    =15,000   = x positive y negative
XY0    =18,000   = x positive y neutral
XY     =21,000   = both positive
X0Y0   =17,000   = both neutral
X0-Y   =14,000   = x neutral y negative
X0Y    =20,000   = x positive y neutral
-X-Y   =13,000   = both negative
-XY0   =16,000   = x negative y neutral
-XY    =19,000   = x negative y positive
You could set up the helper to check if your in anim = [40,99] or which ever ones you wanted. Then it'd be say, 20,000+47= 20,045 and that's the cape's animation.

Obviously with these values you wouldn't be able to have a base animation over 1,000. You wouldn't have the cape be different for standing light punch but the basic air attacks would work. You may be able to set up a transition method too. Like if you AMK at the top of the jump the cape would start -y, become y0, and finish y. You could have the neutral cape's animation make it flow more naturally. It could come out looking phenomenal! And even if some how you were going down and popped back up, the "neutral" speed would still transition nicely. All of the air specials that needed the flowing cape could be dropped to the 700s or 900s and still work. If you needed you could just make throws 1800 and use 800 for specials & ultras. I dont think that'd matter too much if the state is over 3000 for AI. (At least I think most AI looks for Ultra moves at 3000)

There may be a better system for something like this already. I'm just brainstorming.
#112  April 27, 2018, 02:51:06 pm
    • USA
Thanks for posting this one Odb718! I think something like that could work.

Having the cape separate would be the best option, that way there wouldn't be a strict limit on the amount of frames used. Once this version is complete I am planning to make video captures for each movement and draw the cape over the video to ensure the cape flows perfectly for each movement especially the jumping arcs, it's impossible for me to sprite it to that degree without seeing it in-game first. That must have been how they made Ibuki's hair move in such a believable way. So I guess the cape will move at 60 frames per second. (I think that's what mugen runs at.) The only part that's gets weird is custom states but that's not a huge deal.

#113  May 07, 2018, 07:45:10 pm
    • USA
Alright, Ive been thinking about one of M.Bison's throws. Traditionally he grabs them with his hands and then trips, catches and throws them.

Would it be a bad idea to cut out the grabbing with his hands and start the new throw with something like this??

I think it would look great but is it fair? I'm not great with game balance but I want him to fit in with the other SF3 characters.
Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:53:33 pm by ink
#114  May 07, 2018, 08:55:40 pm
    • UK
Alright, Ive been thinking about one of M.Bison's throws. Traditionally he grabs them with his hands and then trips, catches and throws them.

Would it be a bad idea to cut out the grabbing with his hands and start the new throw with something like this??

I think it would look great but is it fair? I'm not great with game balance but I want him to fit in other SF3 characters.

I think it's honestly down to what is best for you. I don't think it will affect 'game balance'. It's your project, your work and if you believe it will help him fit in more with SF3 characters then go ahead.

I personally dont think its a bad idea, the collisions will probably be in the same place anyway.
#115  May 08, 2018, 04:01:20 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The trip isn't BOSS enough. It's not a bad throw. I'd like to see the trip into a karate chop to a downed P2 and a hop back/away. Like Makato's left arm would do the chop as she puts her left leg back down. Then springs off it. If not a karate chop maybe a tiny head stomp to the gut, then hop over to a downed P2.

I like the original one. I'd like to see it almost as a combo starter, but I like SFvsXM throws. He could sling P2 into a wall bounce. Then Psycho crusher or what ever follow up you want.

As long as the move works the same as a regular throw I don't see any problem with balance. If it was just a step forward kick that counted as a throw that'd be pretty cheap stuff.
#116  May 08, 2018, 05:10:56 pm
    • USA
Those moves sound awesome Odb718. Once I get the more classic moveset down I'll be making some cool extras, I might use those. So I been thinking on the throw and I think that grab animation at the start might be important... The first kick's reach seems a little unfair now that I see it in my first draft.

#117  May 08, 2018, 06:23:20 pm
    • UK
The first kick's reach seems a little unfair now that I see it in my first draft

I think you overthinking it mate.

I may be wrong, but if its a normal grab then he'll need to be really close to the opponent? Collison will remain the same.

#118  May 09, 2018, 02:54:31 am
  • El Chanfle
    • Mexico
The first kick's reach seems a little unfair now that I see it in my first draft

I think you overthinking it mate.

I may be wrong, but if its a normal grab then he'll need to be really close to the opponent? Collison will remain the same.

I kinda agree with you.

#119  May 09, 2018, 04:56:39 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
The first kick's reach seems a little unfair now that I see it in my first draft.

It depends if you're going to have a similar kick that looks like the grab kick or if there isn't a clear indication it's a grab (if the hit frames of the opponent don't show until M.Bison has kicked the opponent for instance considering your first draft, it might be hard to preform a grab tech on it)
Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:07:47 am by Amidweiz
#120  May 09, 2018, 07:02:03 am
incredible someone gets to manage these type of sprites so good.