Re: Rumble Pack!
#21  July 01, 2011, 03:52:30 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Looks as good or better as the overhyped upcoming skullgirls game

Same here.

Though the music could be a little more exciting.

Liero, do you need a hand with this? I can do some custom tracks.
#22  July 01, 2011, 07:39:53 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
I love this!  Creative, simple and unique to Mugen all around,  ;).  This reminds me of that old Teen Titans: Battle Rumble game I played when I was a kid.

IMO the flashy hitsparks and excessive afterimages are not neccessary (especially on dashes and supers).  The artwork of the project is awesome on its own and I think the art of the game would shine more if the hitsparks were more simplistic.

*Edit: ZPPR's shadow claw barrage misses at close range.
Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 07:45:48 pm by TRUEMicah
#23  July 01, 2011, 09:25:01 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
What's with the weird resolution?
#24  July 02, 2011, 05:46:06 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
How is 1280x720 a weird resolution ?
#25  July 02, 2011, 04:27:47 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I meant the lower resolutions. I usually play Mugen at 640x480.

Besides, is this supposed to happen?

#26  July 04, 2011, 01:58:29 am
Sorry about being vague. I'll try to upload a vid of it later tonight. If I explained it, it'd prolly sound confusing seeing as there seems to be a anti-infinite system built into the game, and you more or less might think it isn't.

It's basically taking advantage of the system you installed when you hit an opponent airborne. Anyways. Video will be up soon. Sorry for all the confusion
#27  July 04, 2011, 09:41:30 pm
    • http://rumblepk.tumblr.com/
I have to say, this is pretty fun. Good job so far.

Although when I try to do MC Supercut's QCF+Strong attack, instead of firing the projectile, he produces a giant clone of himself.
And this is with the patch applied.

How strange.  I have no idea why this would be doing that because on my end it fires correctly.  Perhaps this is related:

Is anyone else having this issue?

Looks as good or better as the overhyped upcoming skullgirls game

Frankly, I think Skullgirls looks great, but a friend of mine (who went to E3) said it wasn't that much fun to play which is really too bad.  We need more fighting games made outside of Japan.

Though the music could be a little more exciting.

Liero, do you need a hand with this? I can do some custom tracks.

Possibly.  I am looking for something fairly specific though and it cannot be a remix of any existing song.  It must be 100% original.  Additionally, the music there are placeholders for now.  They will definitely be changed down the line.  I'll keep you in mind when I am at that point though.

I love this!  Creative, simple and unique to Mugen all around,  ;).  This reminds me of that old Teen Titans: Battle Rumble game I played when I was a kid.

IMO the flashy hitsparks and excessive afterimages are not neccessary (especially on dashes and supers).  The artwork of the project is awesome on its own and I think the art of the game would shine more if the hitsparks were more simplistic.

*Edit: ZPPR's shadow claw barrage misses at close range.

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

About the hitsparks; yes they do not fit and yes I intend to change them.  I know what I want to do but I'm having somewhat of a difficult time getting it to look the exact way that's in my head.  I am working on them as we speak however and I'll likely have them available in the next patch (most likely this weekend).

With regard to Zppr's super and special moves, they are intended to all miss at point blank range (except for bullet moves).  This is because he relies on spacing.  I know it may seem a bit odd, but its working as intended.  Try comboing into it from a standing strong attack (C); that may work for you.

Sorry about being vague. I'll try to upload a vid of it later tonight. If I explained it, it'd prolly sound confusing seeing as there seems to be a anti-infinite system built into the game, and you more or less might think it isn't.

It's basically taking advantage of the system you installed when you hit an opponent airborne. Anyways. Video will be up soon. Sorry for all the confusion

Really, it's no problem at all!  I want to see as many infinites as possible so I can knock them down.  I'm guessing that you found a way to loop a special into Zppr's launcher before he touches the ground.  Is that correct?  Basically the game will not let you land any ground-based attack (unless it's a special or super) after you have used a launcher (2C).  If, for some reason, you are able to land an attack other than a special or super, that is not intended and needs to be fixed.  At any rate, I'll look into it while you're uploading a video.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback so far!  Expect some cool stuff in the next patch.

#28  July 04, 2011, 09:46:17 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Possibly.  I am looking for something fairly specific though and it cannot be a remix of any existing song.  It must be 100% original.  Additionally, the music there are placeholders for now.  They will definitely be changed down the line.  I'll keep you in mind when I am at that point though.

Its not a problem. Drops me a line when you need help.
#29  July 05, 2011, 06:45:41 pm
Hey, everyone. 

The following is a post and response that raised some questions that I felt everyone might want to see.

I just did MC Supercut's Down Foward C attack. He just summoned a HUGE version of himself...It is only when this big one comes out that Z and X do anything (excluding the canceling which does work fine). But they only make noises and nothing actually changes. His taunt just makes him flash. His moves during the backdash are way too hard to do the instant versions of.

Okay next character, Zppr. His super making stuff shoot out of the ground move misses when the opponent is standing right next to him. His taunt makes him go invisible.

3rd char, Decimal. Her down forward B move's extra hit can't be used after the first 2 hits? Hex is fine. Her super move where you have to button mash, how far can it go to? I got to 17 hits, and 18 hits with the non super version. Her taunt is also broken.

The instructions for their moves list the directions as numbers...I know some of them are using binary style but WHAT? Please write the correct directional buttons.

I gotta say, I am rather dissapointed overall. The videos made this game looks so nearly finished and amazing. The characters do play well and are awesome, but I am surprised at just how little you have released in this. But I hope some of this helps and that you do release more characters and styles soon, I am still so eager to play this game with all teh content.

EDIT: win and lose anims are in need of fixing too.

Before I address the issues that you have raised, I need to clarify to you that this is a beta and it is not finished.  What you saw in the video is still a work in progress and will be released when I feel it is ready.  This goes with certain animations as well.  I have only done what is 100% absolutely necessary to play the game.  Win/Lose/Taunt animations are not so necessary at this point so I have yet to do them. 

MC Supercut's fireball issue is known and I am in the process of fixing it for the next patch.  I would recommend checking the following thread as people are posting their concerns there rather than here: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=130705.0.

Decimal Sofie's 236+B:B move is supposed to work on the second hit, so I will fix that.  Thanks for reporting it!

Mostly everything else you have brought up, however, is intended.  For example, Zppr's Shadow Claw (the underground move) is not meant to hit up close.  You have to learn the right range to execute it from.  Hex Sofie's button mash super can go pretty high and you get a bonus if you break 20 hits.  It depends on how quickly you can mash.  Also, if you are using MC Supercut in training mode and you're trying to charge his meter by holding X, nothing is going to happen because your meter is already full.  Additionally, his instant moves are supposed to be hard to do; that's why they are so good.

Finally, the notation I am using for the move list is not incorrect.  It is a perfectly acceptable notation used by many fighting game fans to quickly type out inputs for moves.  I did not invent it, but I prefer it to having to type out "down,forward+A".  I'm sorry it's confusing, but I'll likely stick with it.

Finally, I am sorry that you don't feel like there's enough content here, but try to remember that this is a beta and I'm doing my best to make sure get everything working the way I want it to before I release it!

EDIT:

Long story short:

The game is a beta and not everything is going to be available just yet.
Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:26:47 pm by Liero
#30  July 05, 2011, 06:55:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Is there something we should look at? It seems to me that the guy doesn't have a solid understanding of what you're going for.
Finally, the notation I am using for the move list is not incorrect.  It is a perfectly acceptable notation used by many fighting game fans to quickly type out inputs for moves.  I did not invent it, but I prefer it to having to type out "down,forward+A".  I'm sorry it's confusing, but I'll likely stick with it.
It's cause the guy is used to seeing SF notations.

Also, you can type down,forward+A as D,F + A or QCF + A, but numerical notation is fine too.
#31  July 05, 2011, 08:24:55 pm
It was mostly his questions about the content provided and the animations that were missing.  I just wanted to be sure that people knew that the game was a beta and not complete.

Yeah, I am aware of that notation too, but the numerical one is my favorite.
Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:28:29 pm by Liero
#32  July 06, 2011, 12:46:17 am
    • France
I hate numerical notation, it makes me have to look at my numpad each time. ;P
#33  July 06, 2011, 07:22:05 pm
"Really, it's no problem at all!  I want to see as many infinites as possible so I can knock them down.  I'm guessing that you found a way to loop a special into Zppr's launcher before he touches the ground.  Is that correct?  Basically the game will not let you land any ground-based attack (unless it's a special or super) after you have used a launcher (2C).  If, for some reason, you are able to land an attack other than a special or super, that is not intended and needs to be fixed.  At any rate, I'll look into it while you're uploading a video.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback so far!  Expect some cool stuff in the next patch."

Yes and no. If you use the launcher, the system will recognize it and you won't be able to use another launcher unless the opponent is actually hit, and the only way to hit is airborne. If you time the j.C right, it'll air juggle your opponent high enough towards the wall, but low enough to where the animation gets canceled into a standing animation (right before the auto jump). You'll have enough time to perform another launcher before the opponent touches the ground.

Sorry about the delay but the internet connection I was using at the time was terrible. 10 kbps uploads X.X

It's something I'm not used to, so I'll upload it when I'm at my friends house. I miss my god like connection

Here's the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYLjDKAZfcg
Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 08:18:40 pm by 6ixx
#34  July 06, 2011, 10:48:14 pm
I hate numerical notation, it makes me have to look at my numpad each time. ;P

Yeah I didn't like it either for a long time.  Back when I played a whole lot of Soul Calibur, practically everyone on 8wayrun uses this notation and it confused me, but I eventually got used to it.  Maybe it would be better if I used both notations.

Yes and no. If you use the launcher, the system will recognize it and you won't be able to use another launcher unless the opponent is actually hit, and the only way to hit is airborne. If you time the j.C right, it'll air juggle your opponent high enough towards the wall, but low enough to where the animation gets canceled into a standing animation (right before the auto jump). You'll have enough time to perform another launcher before the opponent touches the ground.

Sorry about the delay but the internet connection I was using at the time was terrible. 10 kbps uploads X.X

It's something I'm not used to, so I'll upload it when I'm at my friends house. I miss my god like connection

Here's the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYLjDKAZfcg

Well the good thing is that combo is most likely not an infinite (in the current patch).  There are a few mechanisms that prevent infinites; one of them being the push fall and ground tech.  Zppr's j.C causes the opponent to fly across the screen (push fall).  After bouncing off the wall, the opponent can tech off the ground once they hit it.  Basically, every time you were relaunching them, they were hitting the ground which means they would have been able to tech.  I will, however, be checking to see if it is possible to relaunch before they hit the ground.  If he can, then it most definitely is an infinite.  I'll also be making sure that wall-teching works.  It's supposed to, but I'll verify it.

Thanks for reporting!

EDIT:

Wall teching sort of worked, but now it actually does.  This should be 100% fixed in the next patch.

Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:52:29 pm by Liero
#35  July 10, 2011, 09:00:50 pm
There's going to be a small delay in releases for Rumble Pack (only a few days).  I have to move and it's going to take a bit of time to get it all done.

EDIT:

1.02 was meant to be released on 10 July 2011, but due to some issues, it will take a few more days.  I'm looking at 14 July for 1.02 which will be a very large patch (a great deal of stuff got rearranged so fewer problems should occur.)  The entire character folder will be replaced in this patch and without it, future patches will likely not work at all. The good news is that due to the delay, it will be a double release.  I'll likely unlock another fighting style for Supercut and include a new character, so definitely  don't miss this one!
Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:39:45 pm by Liero
#36  July 13, 2011, 05:37:24 am
Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:03:59 am by Liero
#37  July 20, 2011, 11:10:15 pm
Just updated to 1.031d (link at the top).  I added 2 new characters, Charlotte and Nadia.  Videos coming soon.
#38  July 21, 2011, 12:20:36 am
    • France
Just to be sure for future patches : should we apply patches in order (1.02 then 1.031), or should we just apply the last patch each time ?
#39  July 21, 2011, 01:02:54 am
Just to be sure for future patches : should we apply patches in order (1.02 then 1.031), or should we just apply the last patch each time ?

You'll only need to apply the latest patch.  To make this less confusing, I suppose I should remove the links to obsolete patches.  If you do not already have the game downloaded though, you'll need to get whatever the newest full version is and then get the newest patch. 

Ideally, I'll be updating the full version each time I issue a big patch.
#40  August 04, 2011, 05:01:07 am
I am finally ready for the next release, but it may take a few days to deliver it.  I'm still waiting to hear from a few of my beta testers, but lined up is the 1.1 version of Rumble Pack.  This version is going to have every single character (10) that I have created ready to go.  This will be a large release and not every fighting style will be available, but I am now satisfied with the game (for the most part).

After this release, expect to see more stages and a more polished UI.  I'll also be going over what the next phase of Rumble Pack is.