YesNoOk

Sprite converting issues... (Read 1163 times)

Started by 1time, February 19, 2008, 08:24:19 pm
Share this topic:
Sprite converting issues...
#1  February 19, 2008, 08:24:19 pm
Hello. I'm cutting some Kagetsura sprites from a sprite sheet. I've got that part down. They are correct after that step. Next, I'm trying to align them with Gimp as per this tutorial.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v944394TDfZbjNx

Now, however, when I load my sprites up in FFactory, they have this thick black and/or fuzzy line at the bottom. Everything is in pcx. I'm trying to avoid having to align each and every freaking sprite by hand. Anyone have any idea what Gimp is doing to add this line to my sprites? Thanks for any help.
Re: Sprite converting issues...
#2  February 19, 2008, 10:33:31 pm
  • Loco
The only thing i can thing of is that your pallete doesn't match the one in FF. ¿Why don't you try to make your SFF with MCM and see if that's the problem
#3  February 20, 2008, 01:24:08 am
Thanks, but no good. Same thing happened with MCM. I'm screwing my sprites up with Gimp somehow. Do you guys just align your  sprites by hand? If not, which program do you use?
#4  February 20, 2008, 02:29:24 am
  • Loco
Thanks, but no good. Same thing happened with MCM. I'm screwing my sprites up with Gimp somehow. Do you guys just align your  sprites by hand? If not, which program do you use?

i personally do align them by hand
#5  February 20, 2008, 02:37:28 am

i personally do align them by hand

Damn! That's what I did with my cvs2 Joe, but currently I'm also doing cvs2 Sagat ripped by Dreamslayer. His sprites are perfect, and adding them is effortless! It takes a fraction of the time to do your Sff and Air in FFactory when the sprites are aligned already. Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm just gonna have to uncross my eyes, dive into the Mountain Dew, and align Kagetsura!
#6  February 20, 2008, 04:54:26 am
  • Loco
you could try to chek the box that says "Automatic Crop" and the sprites should be alittle bit align
#7  February 20, 2008, 04:59:48 am
That's what I do, but it still needs adjustments. I'm telling ya, when your loading up perfectly aligned sprites into FF they just fall right into place. No adjustments at all. I wish I knew Dreamslayer's secret!
#8  February 20, 2008, 07:54:15 am
  • I hate making gifs
In fighter factory, I sometimes use center,center and then work from there. I got some sprites(fx) from big bang beat, but I think there are to many colors to add to my character's palette in order to make the fx look good. I can't just add the sprites and have them contain their own palette can I?  ???
<- The Mugen Amateur ->
The code may be messy, but it works.
#9  February 20, 2008, 04:56:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yes you can.
#10  February 20, 2008, 08:33:30 pm
  • Loco
In fighter factory, I sometimes use center,center and then work from there. I got some sprites(fx) from big bang beat, but I think there are to many colors to add to my character's palette in order to make the fx look good. I can't just add the sprites and have them contain their own palette can I?  ???

yes you can, just leave the "shaed pallete" unchecked
#11  February 21, 2008, 01:11:28 am
  • I hate making gifs
Thanks. 1 more thing. The background of the sprites are green, should I leave 'em that way or turn 'em pink?

edit: Wasn't sure how to go about this...
...so I tried it with the sprites the way they were =  :P
I tried the sprites with a pink background(color swap) =  --;
How exactly should I do it? It's late now and fairly annoyed, so I'll try 2morrow. Thanx 4 any help.  :sugoi:
<- The Mugen Amateur ->
Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:36:42 am by ShinAkuma2004
#12  February 21, 2008, 08:40:15 pm
  • Loco
Thanks. 1 more thing. The background of the sprites are green, should I leave 'em that way or turn 'em pink?

edit: Wasn't sure how to go about this...
...so I tried it with the sprites the way they were =  :P
I tried the sprites with a pink background(color swap) =  --;
How exactly should I do it? It's late now and fairly annoyed, so I'll try 2morrow. Thanx 4 any help.  :sugoi:

this has to be done with your image editor, the background color doesn't matter as long as it has nothing to do with your character, and you have to make sure your background is the first of your pallete, i mean that it is your transparency
New #13  February 21, 2008, 09:14:49 pm
  • I hate making gifs
EDIT:  :D

Ok... I finally got it. I had misunderstood something Metal_Sniper said. Awesome. Back to work...  :sugoi:
<- The Mugen Amateur ->
Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:08:17 am by ShinAkuma2004