YesNoOk

server move / feb 2020 (Read 46605 times)

Started by Valodim, February 20, 2020, 01:36:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: server move / feb 2020
#41  March 01, 2020, 01:57:47 am
    • Germany
I fixed a bunch of random errors (that were actually piling up to millions of logged error entries). That *might* have fixed some things, but if not hopefully I can at least trace errors better now without huge amounts of log spam.

\\ edit

test

iced edit: test
Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:26:13 pm by Iced
#42  March 01, 2020, 01:22:51 pm
    • Germany
ok, editing seems to work again. I think I fixed registration, too.
#43  March 01, 2020, 01:26:02 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
check also the ban log please.
#44  March 01, 2020, 10:27:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
still getting reports of a lot of errors for some people logging in that get the date too long thing.

#45  March 01, 2020, 11:42:58 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
HTTPS might not be set up right on the forum index, but I don't see the ! next to the lock (signifying HTTPS) on Firefox on any other part of the forum.
#46  March 02, 2020, 12:30:19 am
    • Germany
still getting reports of a lot of errors for some people logging in that get the date too long thing.

yeap, still a bunch of errors to fix  :uhoh2:

HTTPS might not be set up right on the forum index, but I don't see the ! next to the lock (signifying HTTPS) on Firefox on any other part of the forum.

It is set up right. The "!" is a mixed content warning, specifically it complains about images served via HTTP such as the one in your signature. I suppose the correct fix would be to change http links in [img] tags to https automatically, which would work but also break images from http-only servers.
#47  March 02, 2020, 12:50:55 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Oh, hm.

I think registration and what I PMed you (and less urgently, old links) are still broken though.

Also it takes longer than it should for the 10 newest posts on the index to update.
#48  March 02, 2020, 10:19:28 am
    • Germany
Fixed two more bits, and I found the place where the database error happens. No idea why that is a thing now but not before, but I added some logging so I can figure out what's going on.
Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:09:44 am by Valodim
#49  March 03, 2020, 12:21:28 am
    • Germany
registration fixed
#50  March 03, 2020, 05:01:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
let me try something.

ok, it works.

but
Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:17:39 am by Bastard Mami
#51  March 04, 2020, 11:36:14 pm
    • Germany
forumx links fixed, as well as a host of other little issues. anything I'm still missing?

btw, someone is scanning the forum for sql injections pretty aggressively. hopefully they won't find anything :P
#52  March 05, 2020, 12:17:26 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
btw, someone is scanning the forum for sql injections pretty aggressively. hopefully they won't find anything :P
Ah, it was/is not me this time; I was only testing if the edit function worked as I got an edit botched/error a few days ago.
#53  March 05, 2020, 04:22:12 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
forumx links fixed, as well as a host of other little issues. anything I'm still missing?

We're still getting the occasional user reporting on Discord that they're unable to login to the forums; the same "Data too long for column 'value' at row 1" error. They haven't been able to login even after clearing their cookies, nor tried logging in in an incognito window, or used another browser, etc: none of it works. And I can only imagine that there's a far, far greater number of people who haven't been able to login who also aren't on the Discord...
#54  March 05, 2020, 07:00:57 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Mobile version of the website is broken, by the way.
#55  March 05, 2020, 08:59:59 am
    • Germany
We're still getting the occasional user reporting on Discord that they're unable to login to the forums; the same "Data too long for column 'value' at row 1" error. They haven't been able to login even after clearing their cookies, nor tried logging in in an incognito window, or used another browser, etc: none of it works. And I can only imagine that there's a far, far greater number of people who haven't been able to login who also aren't on the Discord...

I'm not seeing that database error in the log anymore - but perhaps affected people have just stopped trying. Can you ask one of those folks to try again, so I get the db error into recent logs? otherwise perhaps I broke something in logging, "data too long" is pretty hard to track without insight on which data at which position :uhoh:

you mean, more broken than before? was that ever in a working state? I could apply some tweaks to make the desktop version more mobile friendly, but I definitely won't be able to make an actually working mobile version of the site :sadgoi:
#56  March 05, 2020, 09:37:26 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I can edit my posts again, this is why Val is best pony
#57  March 05, 2020, 10:17:43 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com

I'm not seeing that database error in the log anymore - but perhaps affected people have just stopped trying. Can you ask one of those folks to try again, so I get the db error into recent logs? otherwise perhaps I broke something in logging, "data too long" is pretty hard to track without insight on which data at which position :uhoh:

you mean, more broken than before? was that ever in a working state? I could apply some tweaks to make the desktop version more mobile friendly, but I definitely won't be able to make an actually working mobile version of the site :sadgoi:

Nah, its just things weren't loading correctly whereas they were before. Ill just run the browser version on my phone.
#58  March 05, 2020, 08:52:37 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
@valodim: even Iced is getting the "data too long error" now and apparently registry isn't working again.

Drop by the discord server please, having most of us locked out of the forum seems like a realistic threat now.
#59  March 05, 2020, 09:25:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
@valodim: even Iced is getting the "data too long error" now and apparently registry isn't working again.

Jsut incase, edit your post so it looks like this, you don't want to make the later information very public, I guess you can pm valodim about going to discord.
#60  March 05, 2020, 10:05:19 pm
    • Germany
Ok I think I fixed the "data too long" error. At least it's no longer coming up in the logs

I really wonder why some of these are only happening now. The database error looks like it should have come up wayyy earlier :blank: